Left Uses Sports to Divide the Country

2018 August 10

Until about three years ago sports was one of the few escapes from politics Americans had. They could attend sporting events and regardless of whether they were liberals or conservatives, Democrats or Republicans, they were united in rooting for the home team.

The left has changed all that.

The US women’s national soccer team has a gay pride jersey that it wears on occasions, causing one Christian player to quit the team. Virtually every MLB team has a gay pride night planned. There was a black player with the Oakland A’s who knelt during the national anthem. Perhaps he should have spent  more time taking batting practice as he is back in the minors and since he’s hitting a lusty .216 with no homers in 139 at bats at Nashville, he won’t be coming back to the “bigs” any time soon.

LeBron James condemned President Trump after establishing a charter school with funds from his foundation. The actual operation of this charter school will be paid by the taxpayers and the start-up funds came not from James, but his foundation. That makes his personal contribution next to nothing.

But, nowhere is the politics as strong as in the National Football League, where players protest police brutality while ignoring the fact that 93% of blacks who are murdered are killed by other blacks (FBI state, not mine).

The leftist media is no stranger in attacking President Trump. Often, they will find a big name to interview hoping that the interviewee will verbally attack the president the left hates so much. Usually, the person talking obliges. The media will run the interview for a day or so to create a story.

Last weekend, Don Lemon interviewed basketball star LeBron James about the opening of the I Promise School he started for at-risk and underprivileged children in Akron, Ohio. During the interview, Lemon naturally moved the questioning towards the president. It is no secret that James doesn’t like the president, even though unemployment is the lowest it has ever been for African-Americans since recording the numbers.

Don Lemon asked James what he would say if he was sitting across from Trump. James responded by saying he wouldn’t sit across from Trump, but he would from Barack. James went on to say that he believes the president is using sports to divide the country but didn’t say how.

James had decided to ignore the fact that the left has been working politics into sports well before Trump entered the Oval Office. In December of 2012, Kansas City Chiefs player, Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, then himself outside of Arrowhead Stadium in a murder-suicide. After that, Bob Costas gave a father-like lecture on gun control following the incident during halftime.

In April of 1947, Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball. Robinson was opposed by the left-wing. Democrats pushed back against the decision, snubbing Jim Crow laws. Of course, nearly all African-Americans were in favor, as well as many whites. However, the political opposition could not stop Robinson from making history. The left tried to keep Robinson from playing in the major league. In fact, Robinson’s family was pushed out of Georgia by the Democratic Party. In 1964, Robinson endorsed Nelson Rockefeller and considered himself a Republican.

The left has consistently placed politics in sports arenas. They have caused division with their efforts, not the right. History shows that the conservatives don’t force politics into sports, but the left can’t help but use the platform to advance a political agenda. In the process, they have ruined professional football.

Hat tip: townhall.com
  1. 2018 August 10 2:05 pm

the Left uses EVERYTHING to divide EVERYBODY…it’s their only way to power.

and the poor RICH dupes of the NFL are simply the latest to be exploited by them

I don’t talk sports AT ALL with my kids any more. And simply mentioning the NFL around where I live makes people spit.

2. 2018 August 10 3:02 pm

The Panthers were playing last night, but QVC had a special on, “In the Kitchen with David.” He’s a wierd dude with all things cookery. Awesome.

3. 2018 August 10 3:13 pm

Sounds like a great show Mullet. I always watch WKRP at 9:30 on metv. It’s hard to believe, but WKRP was 40 years ago.

It appears this will be another year of not watching the NFL.

4. 2018 August 10 5:21 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Mullet, that was hilarious!

More humor: DNC virtue signaling meets reality.
    DNC Considers Repealing Fossil Fuel Donation Ban After Only Two Months
    The Democratic National Committee will hold a vote to repeal a ban on fossil fuel (donation) money only two months after it was first enacted.

In June, the DNC executive committee approved a resolution banning contributions from political action committees (PACs) that represent fossil fuel companies. Forwarded by Christine Pelosi, the daughter of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), was an expansion of an earlier, broader resolution that banned contributions from companies opposed to the DNC mission.

5. 2018 August 11 4:42 am
    JimNorCal permalink

6. 2018 August 11 5:21 am

You know I never considered a vehicle with a manual transmission as a anti-theft device. But then I have seen students who did not know how to jump start a car, so it must be true. 🙂

7. 2018 August 11 6:14 am

7 – I’ve always driven stick as well (at least any car I’ve personally owned), also never thought about it as anti-theft device. But maybe these days it is a factor (and I was told earlier in the week circa now that ‘manual’ option doesn’t even exist on many new vechs), at least for those that are planning to drive-off. Then again what car thief worth a damn can’t drive stick?

8. 2018 August 11 7:12 am
    JimNorCal permalink

6, 7 I can believe it, definitely.
    And if you want to stump a New Gen person as to the time of day just use a non digital clock! Plenty of them never learned how to read them. For that matter there are many who must have a calculator to do arithmetic.
    Well, we all have our weaknesses …

9. 2018 August 11 7:16 am
    JimNorCal permalink

10. 2018 August 11 7:42 am

JimNorCal #9 –

My daughter teaches thirdgrade and has an analog c;ock so her students will be able to read it. It is an atomic clock, however, so she doesn’t have to reset it for daylight savings time.

11. 2018 August 11 8:09 am

JimNorCa; @1`0 =

I had no idea you are Japanese.

12. 2018 August 11 9:38 am

JR – hope all is well. Prayers and thoughts are still with you and your family.

My wife has a nice little saying – “I just wished God did not have as much confidence in me.”

I Corinthians 10:13
    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

13. 2018 August 11 1:42 pm
    TLS permalink

They don’t teach cursive writing in school anymore either. We are raising an entire generation who can’t read the Constitution and will be dependent on others to tell the what their rights are. Of course, they don’t study the Constitution anymore either, so maybe that was the goal all along. /rant

14. 2018 August 11 2:12 pm
    TLS permalink

Totally O/T but we have a major fire to the north of us that was started by a lunatic who had disputes with his neighbors so he covered his own home with fire retardant and lit the canyon on fire. Destroyed all 11 of his neighbors’ homes, has burned 21k acres, and 25k people evacuated. The guy was following all sorts of conspiracy theories on his social media. Everything from herbal remedies to 9/11 by the gov’t to Agenda 21 to mass shootings being staged with actors. He was apparently also following Qanon.

I’ve been checking the Twitter feed for updated maps and info and the commentary from the left is unbelievable. There is the usual “settled science” that this is proof of climate change BS but even I have been shocked by the level of incitement in some of the comments. Stuff like:

This is the rabid right on full display

Is this enough alt-right violence? Can we shut them down now?!?

How much more of this before we wake up to the real violent threat of the right?

BJG has had multiple threads on this topic. These people aren’t going to settle for anything short of war.

15. 2018 August 11 2:27 pm

Ditto on the shut down the right.

16. 2018 August 11 2:36 pm
    TLS permalink

More examples:

Rube Bait
    ‏ @RubeBait
    20h20 hours ago

Rube Bait Retweeted JJ MacNab

For a taste of how far down the rabbit hole right-wing lunacy goes–and how dangerous these loons are, check out this thread on the guys accused of setting #HolyFire

*************************************************

I like
    👹sIn
    🎥sNOTmy
    🏛
    🇺🇸
    ‏ @nayteer
    20h20 hours ago
    Replying to @TemeculaValDems @KenCalvert

AND
    🔽
    @realdonaldtrump’s @PressSec’s @GOP’s LIESpropagandaFEARmongering are having LifeThreatening RealWorld consequences
    👇🏽
    trump-cult/QAnon/Pizzagate believer is the suspect in #LakeElsinore #HolyFire

*****************************************************

And then there’s a lady who posts 5 times a day that if we only had Medicare for all, this guy would have gotten the psychiatric help he needed and this fire would have never happened.

*sigh*

17. 2018 August 11 2:45 pm

drdog – as you posted the other day about gab. More and more attacks and shutting down right leaning sites is the future.

The elite believe that like a tree falling in the forest. If nobody hears it – did it really happen.

Does anyone have our individual e-mail addresses if the inevitable happens.

18. 2018 August 11 4:04 pm

GN,

I do have the email address of everyone who has posted here. Part of the backup routine. Will have a fresh set in December when I do it again. JR I will forward you a contact copy when I backup next time. Should have done it last time.

I have a long post on this very topic coming Monday. BJG we are better positioned than most sites as far as any take down. Even if they did I can have a dark site version up within a couple of days.

19. 2018 August 11 4:18 pm

Preparing to say goodbye… a message from Clint Eastwood

My Twilight Years at 84.

If you realize each day is a gift, you may be near my age. As I enjoy my twilight years, I am often struck by the inevitability that the party must end.
    There will come a clear, cold morning when there isn’t any “more.”
    No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat.

It seems to me that one of the important things to do before that morning comes, is to let everyone of your family and friends know that you care for them by finding simple ways to let them know your heartfelt beliefs and the guiding principles of your life so they can always say, “He was my friend, and I know where he stood.”

So, just in case I’m gone tomorrow, please know this: I voted against that incompetent, lying, flip-flopping, insincere, double-talking, radical socialist, terrorist excusing, bleeding heart, narcissistic, scientific and economic moron that spent eight years-in the White House trying to destroy our wonderful country and turn it into Muslim loving, socialist s__t hole like he came from and I don’t mean Hawaii!

Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

Regards, Clint

Make My Day — Pass it on!

20. 2018 August 11 4:35 pm

Q Drop

21. 2018 August 11 5:41 pm

A huge thank you to you all for the prayers and well wishes during my travails. I’m praying for a calm spell.