How Far Left Has CNN Gone?

2018 October 29

So far left that more of its (few remaining) viewers are going to vote Democratic than MSNBC’s viewers.

MSNBC really doesn’t make any pretense. It is nothing but a propaganda network. The few token “Republicans” MSNBC has are very liberal and likely haven’t voted Republican for at least a decade. Several were “moles” in the McCain campaign and did everything in their power to gain favor with the left by undermining it. Some Republicans likely tune in MSNBC for comic relief because Mr. Maddow, Mad Man O’Donnell and the Angry Old Drunk really say some off the wall things.

CNN, on the other hand, still attempts to portray itself as a news network. CNN always leaned left, but since Jeff Zucker took control it has become MSNBC with a fake news department. All its hosts are far left and token Republicans/Libertarians like S.E. Cupp would sell their mother soul to the devil and only worry if they got top price.

CNN has been losing viewers at a record pace, but it appears they have been successful in attracting the market the network has been seeking – the small band of far left crazies.

A new poll from Suffolk University had some surprising results about how viewers of MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News feel heading into the 2018 midterms.

The vast majority of registered voters who most trust CNN or MSNBC said they would likely vote Democratic, 87 percent and 84 percent, respectively. Ten percent of MSNBC viewers said they would likely support the Republican in their congressional district, while only 3 percent of CNN viewers would say the same. Meanwhile, 95 percent of Fox News viewers say they would support Republicans while only 4 percent say they’ll vote Democratic.

This may raise some eyebrows since MSNBC is perceived to be more of liberal news outlet than CNN, with opinion hosts like Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell and Chris Matthews. CNN presents itself as down the middle. (RELATED: Rachel Maddow Equates Trump’s Voter Fraud Tweet To 1922 KKK Leaflets)

The sample size, however, is small. Of the 1,000 registered voters surveyed by Suffolk, 119 said they most trust CNN, 100 said MSNBC and 239 said Fox News. The rest chose PBS/NPR, broadcast channels, C-SPAN or Comedy Central.

Hat tip: dailycaller.com

1. 2018 October 29 2:03 pm

There was a time when I would watch CNN for major news happenings. Those days are long past.

2. 2018 October 29 2:03 pm

It isn’t just how far Left they’ve gone, it’s how INSANE with hatred they’ve gotten.

They despise Trump and EVERYONE who supports him and/or opposes the Democrat Party.

3. 2018 October 29 4:16 pm

They are becoming irrelevant. I have been watching long format youtube discussions and many are very good. Beats the 5min sound bite on CNN.

4. 2018 October 29 5:00 pm

Interesting take on FakeBomber — https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=234445

Does explain one way the packages could have been delivered. True/False? Don’t know.

5. 2018 October 29 5:26 pm

More of my continuing observation that the Jews and the Muslims have more in common than expected — https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-29/israel-quietly-transferred-250m-sophisticated-spy-systems-saudi-arabia-report — Or at least a segment thereof.

6. 2018 October 29 7:01 pm

No foul Eph. What Eyeore has not detected is the ‘Phony War’ we are in. Its a cold battle right now masked by politics. When the politics are finished if the GOPers retain control the real war will begin.

7. 2018 October 29 7:17 pm
    TLS permalink

#4 Interestingly, on the day that the bulk of the bombs were delivered and it became a national story, my local radio station was reporting all morning that the FBI were physically at the CNN office describing the devices to them that had been sent to Clinton & Obama when the one in the CNN mail room was discovered. I found it really weird because 1) why not just email them a photo or call? 2) why just CNN and not any other networks? Was it just nearby? 3) I assume they would tell them for reporting, yet CNN finds one instantly in their mail room? Why look when politicians are the target?

After reporting that repeatedly for about 2 hours, they stopped and it hasn’t really come up again, but you can find it in a few of the early stories, although NYPD instead of the FBI. For example:

<iThe NYPD's Miller stated that security officials were visiting offices of elected officials and media and television outlets Wednesday to inform them about what to watch for — and, in fact, he says NYPD officials were in the CNN mailroom when the suspicious package was discovered.

8. 2018 October 29 7:58 pm

Eph…Sinema is indeed ONE CRAZY ASS BITCH!

9. 2018 October 29 8:10 pm

Eph #7 –

As I have said before, I am shocked that Dems are still falling into the Project Veritas trap. But, two factors take effect: 1) the left feels that the media is its friend and they are willing to open up and 2) if they weren’t stupid they wouldn’t be leftists.

10. 2018 October 29 8:26 pm
    Eph permalink

10 Rand,

…and she’s winning!

(according to your poll)

11. 2018 October 30 5:31 am

12. 2018 October 30 6:10 am

Eph, there is another poll out by NBC showing the “crazy ass bitch” leading by SIX.

I like to believe that the flurry of “OMG! polls” by the media are intended to drive their desired outcome…but…what’s the vibe in AZ?

13. 2018 October 30 6:28 am
    Eph permalink

Rand,

Even worse, Gallup has the “crazy bitch” up by 13 points. Wow.

14. 2018 October 30 6:40 am

Eph, and once a Democrat gets elected they have to KILL someone in order to be voted out…oh wait, that didn’t work with Ted Kennedy. Maybe if they participate in an under-age child sex-trafficking ring they’ll get voted out…oh wait, Menedez looks like he will win again in New Jersey.

Nope, once a Democrat gets in they are IN forever!

15. 2018 October 30 6:50 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Birthright citizenship under discussion. About time.

Exclusive: Trump plans to sign an executive order terminating birthright citizenship, he said yesterday in an exclusive interview for “Axios on HBO.” pic.twitter.com/D2RE4N4OrJ
    — Axios (@axios) October 30, 2018

16. 2018 October 30 6:52 am
    JimNorCal permalink

17. 2018 October 30 6:53 am
    Eph permalink

Mason-Dixon poll,

Crazy bitch 54
    McSally 36

6969 LVs

18. 2018 October 30 6:55 am
    JimNorCal permalink

More.
    All this comes from comments at JustOneMinute blog

This superbly lays out the history of birthright citizenship, but rightly ignores the leftist abuse that exists today. DJT Moving the debate to this point displays brilliance and the right way to argue something complex and distorted by decades of Alinsky clouding.
    Steve Kantrowitz
    ‏ @skantrow
    1/ On birthright citizenship, read the debate in the U.S. Senate, Jan. 30, 1866. The framers of the Civil Rights Act–the immediate precursor to the 14th Amendment, and the first place national citizenship was codified–knew exactly what they were doing.

19. 2018 October 30 8:09 am

Eph, did you make that $hit up in #20??

McSally may not be a great candidate…but she CANNOT be 18 points behind the Crazy Ass Bitch in Arizona

20. 2018 October 30 8:31 am

this sums up how I feel about the mid-terms…

21. 2018 October 30 8:42 am

One thing to keep in mind. The purpose of modern day polling is to drive, rather than reflect public opinion as evidenced by the drastic swing in poll results. You can bet that if a poilling firm isn’t providing the resyults CNN wants, it won’t be working for CNN much longer.

22. 2018 October 30 9:17 am

Bc3b, and/or when a polling firm doesn’t give any of the MSM the answer they want, they simply ignore it…oftern citing another outlet’s “result”.

Next Tuesday is going to be “interesting”

23. 2018 October 30 9:37 am

JR #25 –

There is another tool the pollsters have developed to skew results. It’s called “weighting.” If the result isn’t what the client wants and paid for, the pollster gives greater weight to a certain demographic (Democrats, ages 18-35, etc.).

24. 2018 October 30 9:38 am

Eph –

Mason-Dixon poll,

Crazy bitch 54
    McSally 36

6969 LVs

No offense, Eph, but I have a hard time taking a poll with 6,969 likely voters seriously. It’s something like ip727 would come up with.

25. 2018 October 30 10:00 am
    The Ghost of Reason permalink

You should all know by now that “Eyore” is in full “polling” mode as to his postings…. Are we going to lose the house…. Yep. But there is no way the commie bitch is up 22 in Arizona. If she is then my bridge there will probably finally sell….

26. 2018 October 30 10:47 am

Personally I don’t think we lose the House. I still think the GOPers hold on to it by 5 seats.

27. 2018 October 30 10:49 am
    JimNorCal permalink

JR, I don’t think Dems will fail in CA.
    But something’s odd in my neighborhood. You live in a more normal area whereas Silicon Valley is one of the hearts of the beast. Still, do you notice this?

No, ZERO, Gavin Newsome yard signs or bumper stickers.
    No, ZERO, Senate paraphernalia for either DiFi or DeLeon.
    I haven’t seen any pro-Prop10 stuff (rent control) even though rents here are through the roof. But every time I play a YouTube vid or browse a web site N anti-10 ad pops up.

Maybe all the political action is on TV which I don’t spend time on.

28. 2018 October 30 10:55 am

Jim, the Democrat drones will nevertheless vote for all Democrat issues…and Democrat pols.

Btw…My wife and I decided to leave the Senate race blank. I’m hoping there are MILLIONS fewer votes in that “Election” than in the Governor’s race…we’ll see.

29. 2018 October 30 11:08 am

30. 2018 October 30 12:02 pm
    fight on permalink

JR.

Thankfully I don’t have to make a choice for the senate like you do. I am thrilled to be out of So Cal and here in free Texas. With IP and Dr Dog as neighbors. I hate the concept of the jungle primary that CA utilizes.

I have a different take as to how I would deal with it. If the choices are 2 dems I would vote against the incumbent since a dim will win anyways. That way CA Dim politicians would always lose sonority on their committees.

31. 2018 October 30 12:49 pm
    Eph permalink

BC,

Can you thread my updated Eyore rankings?

32. 2018 October 30 12:50 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Eph: “Arizona demographics~~~Grey panthers and little brown baby breeders. They will turn blue.”

How about THIS election? 🙂 🙂
    What’s your prediction for the outcome of Sinema vs McSally

33. 2018 October 30 3:16 pm

Well now! Robert Meuller, yeah that one — https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/breaking-report-exclusive-documents-special-counsel-and-former-fbi-director-robert-mueller-accused-of-rape-by-very-credible-witness/ — Accuser believed to be credible.

I don’t know what to believe but BY GOD the Karma Wheel is working overtime this month. Be careful Eyore, ya might get rolled.

34. 2018 October 30 3:34 pm

How the caravan is funded — https://www.wnd.com/2018/04/border-caravan-call-it-the-george-soros-express/ — Were I a Catholic my tithe to the plate would be a lump of coal.

35. 2018 October 30 3:53 pm

The preferred hangout place for teens??? — http://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/financing/chick-fil-has-displaced-starbucks-teens-favored-chain — Its not Starbucks anymore 🙂

36. 2018 October 30 4:18 pm

This weekend, in addition to BJG College Football picks and cheerleaders/hot fans, we’ll have anyone who wants to predict the outcome of the House, Senate and Governors races.

I did a check on the current breakdowns (Rs vs, Ds). I will find that and repost it.

37. 2018 October 30 5:04 pm

I am game. Just spread? or R v D counts??

38. 2018 October 30 5:35 pm

Eph =

BC,

Can you thread my updated Eyore rankings?

Eph – I have no idea what you are talking about. I checked the bjgsports@gmx.com (our catch-all) and there was nothing there.

39. 2018 October 30 5:42 pm

drdog09 #40 –

The total number of Rs and Ds that will be elected to the House, Senate and Governorships Tuesday.

I will list the number of R and D seats up for grabs.

I will post Saturday (on the BJG College Football thread).

40. 2018 October 30 7:03 pm

“What’s your prediction for the outcome of Sinema vs McSally EPH

I have it on good authority that arizona will elect a female senator.

41. 2018 October 30 7:18 pm

“I have it on good authority that arizona will elect a female senator.”

I have it on better authority that there is one female running and one ‘gender fluid thing’ running. 🙂

42. 2018 October 30 7:24 pm
    The Ghost of Reason permalink

While I don’t disagree with ip often…. What’s your definition of female…?

43. 2018 October 30 7:26 pm
    The Ghost of Reason permalink

bc has the “healthiest” idea of what a female is. It’s hard for me to find flaws with most, if not all of his females. No boner graveyards in any of them….

44. 2018 October 30 7:30 pm

Migrant caravan leaves trail of trash behind in Mexico City:

45. 2018 October 30 7:45 pm
    Eph permalink

IP has no issues with females.

I have emails to prove it

46. 2018 October 30 9:31 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

47. 2018 October 30 9:36 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

48. 2018 October 30 9:38 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Mr President, I think you were misquoted as calling her “horse face”

49. 2018 October 30 9:40 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

50. 2018 October 30 9:43 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

51. 2018 October 31 6:15 am

While I don’t disagree with ip often…. What’s your definition of female…? spooky one

Any bipedal hominid that carries with it a furry little odoriferous animal that stays about three feet off the ground and consumes enormous quantities of meat.