Why ARE We Whispering?

2018 November 23
tags:
by drdog09

Or, Your Black Friday Won’t Catch Me Dead Near a Mall edition.

Treat this as a podcast if you like, the video histrionics are not that critical.

Setup
This fellow, Lionel, I have followed off and on since my Tampa days when he was a talk radio DJ in that market. He is now located in NYC. This is a 40min snippet of one of his usual 90min YouTube live broadcasts. Both he and his wife are lawyers specialized in media; she especially well connected. Pay particular to her observations on global market, Chinese, media disintegration, etc. Its an interesting view of how things are unwinding. Enjoy your coffee, send the SO off to the mall, give a listen while you sort the socks.

1. 2018 November 23 8:23 am

O/T (but I promise to listen to the video)

Sorry to get off on a rant here…but here goes.

The ‘Camp Fire’ (the name they gave it) is essentially out now, having burned over 153,000 acres. Tragically it also destroyed the town of Paradise and surrounding area…encompassing approximately 16,000 of those 153,000 acres.

I.e., just over 10% of fire was in a populated area, itself spread out in steep forest area, the 90% was forest & grassland.

Now that the fire is essentially out the ‘Climate Change’ fanatics are coming out of the woodwork to push THIS bullshit theme:
    While forest management can be an important element in certain wildfires, Trump’s claim that forest management is solely or even largely responsible for these fires is false. Experts told us neither of the wildfires are true forest fires, and wind was a presiding factor that quickly spread the flames. Dry, hot conditions — both of which are exacerbated by climate change — made the fires possible and gave them extra life. Humans, too, were contributors, by living and building in areas prone to fires.

“Experts” told us that a fire which started in a forest on the edge of a town, and then was 90% PURE forest was “not a true forest fire”

Jerry Brown has already claimed his ‘Carbon Tax’ could have prevented this…and the morons who inhabit most of this State are buying into it. Why? It makes them look “smart”…and means they don’t have to actually do ANYTHING.

Meanwhile, we are entering a cooler phase of the sun, which WILL affect our climate…making it colder.

2. 2018 November 23 9:43 am

[after this I promise to start listening to video 🙂 ]
    Reminded of this marvelous quote from Milton by Glenn Reynolds on Instapundit:

==> On this day in 1644, Areopagitica, John Milton’s famed defense of free expression, was published. He wrote:

And though all the winds of doctrin[e] were let loose to play upon the earth, so Truth be in the field, we do injuriously by licensing and prohibiting to misdoubt her strength. Let her and falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the wors[e], in a free and open encounter.

3. 2018 November 23 10:12 am

Excellent conversation in the podcast! Thx, drdog!
    I’m halfway through.

IMHO “Mrs. L” missed the mark at one point. She attributed the mismanagement of (what I call) “InfoTainment” at the top to ineptitude. Which there is tons of. BUT, that doesn’t explain it all.

She gave the lack of reaching out to find out what people WANT, and thus being more successful in making & marketing their infotainment products, to that ineptitude. I disagree. I attribute it to their hubris and Leftist ideology guiding them to try and FORCE PEOPLE TO LIKE WHAT THEY GIVE THEM.

And when one of their big-budget infotainment projects goes bust they lay the blame anywhere but on themselves…and resolve to “sell” it better next time.

How many times have Obama & Hillary, et al, screeched that: “We just didn’t get our message across”. .?? The real answer is: we HEARD you…your “message” just happens to be crap!

4. 2018 November 23 11:21 am

Considering that Netflix has scaled back their involvement with the Obama’s media project, though they be both idiots AND idealogs; lose enough money and they stop doing it. But JR, you are right. Crappy messages deliver crappy results.

5. 2018 November 23 4:09 pm

Speaking of some I guess infotainment.
    OAN has a decent 1hour thing this week they’re running called ‘Surveillance’, sort of recap of where we are and what’s gone on the last 20 years and how it’s been abused\used.

3 – Yup. They just didn’t hear us correctly…we’ll keep reeducating them till they nod in agreement.

“Jerry Brown has already claimed his ‘Carbon Tax’ could have prevented this”

omg Jr… that anyone would buy that shit, even the people who want said tax is amazing to me, in fact I was under the impression even a fair amount of peeps in CA were laughing at that one. If anything it’s the reverse, environmental restriction overreach fanning the fanning the flames of what might have been much smaller or more easily contained fires, hey I know lets make sure there is gasoline all over the forest floor.

Watched the cast. Man I hate sorting socks. ~23min mark… already happening in some communities, as she points out. 🙂 Wasn’t the wife on this cast big on the Q fraud stuff or am I confusing this caster duo with another that sound similar? ~40min’ish mark I thought was a good point when it comes to ‘the best and the brightest’.

6. 2018 November 23 4:23 pm

“When they tell me to back down, I double down, and my sales go up,” Lindell explained.

7. 2018 November 23 4:56 pm

Random:

Meanwhile we can’t even get past our courts to finish keystoneXL (in case you didn’t hear it’s stopped via courts yet again), a far less ambitious project.

8. 2018 November 23 5:00 pm

KH,

You are close. L was/is big on the Q stuff.

9. 2018 November 23 10:29 pm

10. 2018 November 24 7:31 am

MI Conservative – Central Michigan fired its football coach after going 1-11, the worst in the programs 120-year history.

11. 2018 November 24 8:53 am

12. 2018 November 24 9:16 am

Bc3b, Leftists ARE bonkers…they just go MORE bonkers, or an hourly basis about EVERYTHING

13. 2018 November 24 9:19 am

Mindless sheep

14. 2018 November 24 12:26 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

15. 2018 November 24 12:45 pm

12. How many calls for diversity have been directed to Beyonces’ troupe for more white dancers?

16. 2018 November 24 12:54 pm

Mullet –

Or the Pistons or Hornets to not have all black players on the court at all times.

17. 2018 November 24 6:10 pm

Remember this, it will worse — https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/24/opinion/sunday/vaginoplasty-transgender-medicine.html#click=https://t.co/gBbbKOmeMb — We are paying for it by some means thru a third party agent. Sigh…..

There is a positive — “I was not suicidal before hormones. Now I often am.”

Not very Christian of me but I don’t believe in self mutualization.

18. 2018 November 25 6:44 am

19 – Nice, perfectly highlights the absurd.