Peter the Great II?

2018 December 21
by drdog09

Or,

The Only World Leader with the Guts to Do It.

The it, being to sit for hours taking questions from ordinary citizens. Putin has done this every year since his retaking the Russian presidency.

4 hours in length.

Not fooled, the man is a possible problem for the world, but much less so than Khrushchev. But in a country that has been ruled from afar by leaders rarely heard from for 7 centuries this is heady stuff for Russians. Practically every TV and radio was tuned in.

Trump has achieved some of the same effects using twitter. Though with Twitter you have to wade thru a bunch of flotsam to find the nuggets. Which brings me back to the question —

Why is it that no other leader on the planet has not done the same?

1. 2018 December 21 7:15 am

Putin is putting Russia first.

I’m surprised Putin hasn’t printed a few million “MRGA” hats!! (I’ll leave it to drdog to translate that to Cyrillic 🙂 )

2. 2018 December 21 7:20 am

3. 2018 December 21 7:41 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Syria: hard choices for liberals.

Practical example: NeverTrumper Max Boot caught being on both sides of the issue.

4. 2018 December 21 9:39 am

I hope Trump prevails…regardless of which “Trump card” he has to play!

5. 2018 December 21 10:58 am

On the other hand, the left and globalists (often the same) do everything in their power to stifle discussion and especially opposing views.

* Virtually every left-wing media has eliminated comments (CNN, the Daily Beast, Time Magazine, etc.).
    * Canada has severely restricted freedom of speech – it’s a hate crime to say homosexuality is morally wrong, criticize Islam, etc.
    * The EU has gone so far as to make it illegal to criticize Mohammad or say anything negative about immigration

Who would you rather have as an ally – Putin or that nut-case Frans Timmermans, the #2 in the EU who wants to do away with nationalism and make Europe and Africa one continent (as related to migration). Timmermans is a far greater danger to freedom and liberty than Putin ever dreamed of being. Timmermans is a Hitler “Wannabe.”

6. 2018 December 21 10:59 am

JR –

Great post yesterday. I didn’t get an opportunity to review it until this morning.

7. 2018 December 21 11:24 am

thx, bc3b…the demolition image comes to the fore every time I take a look at what’s happening in this country.

Here is a splendid RANT from Ireland…but it fits 100% to America now. Well worth 10 minutes:

8. 2018 December 21 11:53 am

It looks “CPBC” would be “Make Russia Great Again” (Сделать Россию великой снова)

but drdog can check my work! 🙂

9. 2018 December 21 11:55 am
    Eph permalink

Shut errrrrrrr down folks!!!!

10. 2018 December 21 12:26 pm

I’m with you, Eph!

oh, and p.s., do you a septic tank big enough to fit Jeff Flake??

11. 2018 December 21 1:45 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

10, not sure ANY septic tank could handle that much cess.

12. 2018 December 21 1:45 pm

There is a worldwide battle going on between the globalists (UN, EU, CFR members, Merkel, Macron, Dems, Bushie Republicans, etc.) and nationalists (Trump, Putin, Japan, Korea, Eastern European leaders, etc.).

The globalists want a two-class society and are willing to destroy their culture (and western civilization) to gain control over those pesky serfs.

Then there’s another group of globalists (Muslims) who want the world under Islamic control.

13. 2018 December 21 2:40 pm
    Eph permalink

14. 2018 December 21 2:42 pm

Roberts just joined the libs on the court to block trumps asylum rules on phony asylum claims.

He has been a mole all along.

15. 2018 December 21 2:50 pm

Excellent work Comrade. Extra rat hindquarter in the gruel for thee.

16. 2018 December 21 2:51 pm

In the ‘I am not surprised’ dept — https://www.gofundme.com/build-a-giant-escalator-over-the-wall — Less than $4k collected so far.

17. 2018 December 21 3:28 pm

Guess Roberts does not want redemption after all. Can count on him continuing obamacare.

18. 2018 December 21 3:56 pm

Oh hell JR, they are on to us ….

19. 2018 December 21 4:06 pm
    Eph permalink

DR,

Could be 9-0 GOP SCOTUS and we would still lose …

20. 2018 December 21 5:18 pm

Why is it that no other leader on the planet has not done the same?

For many reasons, one is few are as good as Putin is on their feet.

3 – He’s not the only one, the video from marco from 2014 vs today is hilarious. Boot’s been so wrong so many times I’ve lost track and don’t pay any attention anymore.

5 – I could at least trust him to do what’s in his\ru’s own best interest. It’s why while I don’t love him I do respect him, he does tend to look out for his\ru own interests.

13 – Probably not, instead of tweeting about it just fire the dude you just hired at the fed, why stick with someone clearly just trying to tank the economy. Where was the oval address or RPerot style video to call attention to all the BS at the border and rally folks to secure the border, seems to me if you were really go all-in that would have happened this week…but it didn’t.

14 – IDK why anyone would think he would want redemption, homie telegraphed via tweet weeks ago he’s on board with the resistance. He can hang with the rest as far as I’m concerned.

19 – That’s how we roll baby! Heads you win, tails I lose. 😉

9 – Nope… Shummmah cutting deal with McConnel to fuck over Trump and rest of the country as usual as we speak… or so my TV told me 30min ago. IE… the usual failure theater – watch trump fall for this shit again and sign off on bad deal.

4 – LOL… oh many that card #3…while correct… will NOT apply to Trump, whatever was ok under Bush or Obama will suddenly make it to the list of impeachable offenses under Trump. Watch. Card one was already rejected, not even sure why the author would mention it in an article written today.

21. 2018 December 21 5:46 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

SC Justice RBG in the hospital.
    They were fixing her cracked ribs and found a couple of malignant cancers growing.

Comments seen at JustOneMinute blog:

Six days ago, her health was fine.
    Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said her ribs are “almost repaired” Saturday after breaking them in a November fall.
    Ginsburg reassured a crowd gathered at an event in her honor at the Museum of the City of New York, according to CNN.
    “[My health] is fine [and] my ribs are almost repaired,” she said.
    Ginsburg also said that, as of yesterday, she was able to do her whole workout routine with her personal trainer.

So nice to have a SC Justice so willing to lie to the public. “My health is fine” except I have an appointment in the morning to have malignant tumors removed from my lungs at Sloan Kettering…

22. 2018 December 21 6:09 pm

Oooooh if its stage 4 in the lungs, RBG is on a fast slope to her maker. My father went from weak but mobile and sentient to bedridden and delirious in the space of 6 weeks.

23. 2018 December 21 6:12 pm

gofundme for the wall now at $13.5 mil.

24. 2018 December 21 9:26 pm

I don’t think there is any legal provision for direct citizen payments to go to any specific program.

25. 2018 December 21 10:37 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

24, doubtless true but they’ll never raise a Billion anyway. Big gap between 10M and1B.
    The whole point is number of contributors.
    If it gets to, say, a million it will grab Congress’ attention. Progs and libs have their “million man march” but the Swamp is not used to the Common Man standing up in such numbers.

26. 2018 December 22 6:06 am

Doesn’t matter how many contribute, the enemy will never give trump a victory.

27. 2018 December 22 6:10 am

23 – Well that escalated rather quickly…in good way :–)
    24 – Actually I’m pretty sure some years back that was added in some form during the Obama years, I forget the particulars but it may have been specific to a particular program though, my mind is telling me it was o-care ‘public education’ related but my memory may very well be off. Also I know you can donate in general to the treasury if you so choose – in that generic case (purposely say overpaying your taxes and attacking a notarized letter basically saying keep the change) you are correct in that you can’t direct where it is spent.

BG’s PM resignation accepted by the king.

28. 2018 December 22 6:13 am

26 – Correct. I see it more a every dollar is basically 1 vote in favor of wall, you’re certainly right that ultimately this is far far far more likely to end up funding a a couple charities (maybe ‘angle moms’ and related groups of victims of illegals and invaders), than actually go toward the wall.

~14m now.

29. 2018 December 22 7:13 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Yes, they’ll never give a victory. We’ll have to take it.
    It will take smoldering anger and determination!

But enough of that!
    Here’s the Week in Pictures!

30. 2018 December 22 4:33 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Yike. h/t JOM blog

“Suspected Lockerbie ‘bomber’ is found living in US: Syrian-born father accused of planting device on Pan Am plane 30 years ago is discovered in a Washington DC suburb” https://t.co/nxRPrPEnL0
    — Tammy Bruce (@HeyTammyBruce) December 22, 2018