Be the Remnant

2019 February 4
by drdog09

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.

Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate

Book of Isaiah

Isaiah was tasked not so much with preaching to the masses as to the Remnant, those few who held to the Lord and his strictures. The Masses even as they were to hear the words were to dispel them in the rush of their everyday lives. Even so to the leadership. A more modern, even secular, view of Isaiah’s task is detailed here. Audio if you so desire here.

The article was originally published in 1936 in of all places, The Atlantic by Albert Nock. Nock was very much a thinker in the line with Spooner with a bit less anarchy in the blood, a Libertarian. The theme of the piece would in some ways be a shock to the egalitarian mindset of the current Progressive movement, that not all men are created equal even though each may possess talents. More importantly that only a few are imbued with the Spirit of Revolution that founded this country. One could with little stretch deem this piece a precursor to another authors work, Atlas Shrugged.

But the question is posed that fits our times. The Masses seem headlong for Progressivism following the pied piper of the likes of AOC. Be it better to preach to the Remnant who will heed the hard won lessons of our past be their following small in number? Be the example to kith and kin that a well earned life includes thrift, fortitude and hard work. Even more so as we see a neighbor to our South whose deprivations are the direct line result of a Progressive mindset. Should not our minds then be turned to the task of preserving our Remnants so that amongst the rubble a better civilization shall emerge? Or shall we willfully be the smoke of a spent candle raging against the undeserving Masses from which no future shall emerge?

The question is put to you my friends.

1. 2019 February 4 4:46 am

Case you missed it…. — https://www.firearmupgrades.com/2019/01/22/houston-man-stands-ground-against-multiple-home-invaders-and-wins/ — 5 on 1 and the homeowner still came out on top.

2. 2019 February 4 7:35 am

Sounds like he had an idea something was gonna happen…a prior threat or something. Good job by the homeowner!

3. 2019 February 4 7:49 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Gladys sings the anthem.

Really thought provoking posts here lately. Bravo!

4. 2019 February 4 8:09 am

Gladys Knight is from an era when entertainers believed their job was to entertain, not bore people with their propaganda. They had respect for the public, who was making them rich. They should have had the Beach Boys or Four Tops as halftime entertainment.

Believe it or not, I still don’t know who won, nor do I care. I watched The Letter with Bette Davis on Movies TV.

5. 2019 February 4 9:04 am

Virginia’s Lt. Gov. 15 year old sexual assault claim surfaces:

Get plenty of popcorn and beer (anything but Bud).

6. 2019 February 4 9:04 am

7. 2019 February 4 9:24 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Not only did Northam have a yearbook photo.
    Not only does the VA Lt Gov have a brewing #MeToo scandal.
    Now more stuff surfaces

Boy, Gillespie’s researchers REALLY dropped the ball! Link goes to photo and screen cap:
    #RalphNortham is a racist infanticide supporter
    AND
    a #DesertStorm poseur

He tried to fool people into thinking he served in that war to play gun control games
    hhttps://t.co/vA3QsrMmgl

He was in Germany as a child neurologist
    pic.twitter.com/vkDktK1KTG
    — Jim Hanson (@Uncle_Jimbo) February 4, 2019

8. 2019 February 4 9:42 am

There was a super bowl???? I was busy rooting peach trees for the orchard.

9. 2019 February 4 9:50 am

Heh. You know after the whole Ford-Kennedy sh%^ show the only thing that comes to mind is a line from a movie —

“Remember, you asked for this.”

10. 2019 February 4 9:53 am

“Remnants” is what Planned “Parenthood” calls the baby body parts they can’t sell

11. 2019 February 4 10:07 am

JimNorCal –

Gillespie is the RINO’s RINO. Perhaps it’s not that they dropped the ball but were afraid to pick it up. RINOs think of the bad things that can happen when you pick up the ball (getting tackled) rather than the good things (gaining yardage or scoring touchdowns).

12. 2019 February 4 10:33 am

JimNorCal –

Happy New Year to your wife and kids.

13. 2019 February 4 11:37 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Thanks bc3b.
    Year of the Pig LOL

14. 2019 February 4 12:04 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Special Super Bowl edition of Week In Pics at PowerLineBlog.com
    Sample:

15. 2019 February 4 5:35 pm

drdog – first I believe we are entering the “end of days”. I will leave it to the lord, if I am to stand my ground, so be that. If it is to be of the remnant, so be that. As God says, “be still and know that I an God”.

God has this and it is going to go the way he wants regardless of what anyone says.

Saying all of that, I plan to do what I can to help like minded people and the rest can suffer the consequences.

First Pharaoh killed the babies and Moses appeared.

Next King Herod killed the babies and Jesus appeared.

Now the Socialists are killing the babies and I expect God to appear.

Not going to be pretty people.

16. 2019 February 4 5:52 pm

Gnqanq…that was excellent, and spot on!

17. 2019 February 4 6:47 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Our Chico daughter is visiting and says she’s shocked to see a forecast of snow back in town.
    JR, I think you’re in the area … keep bundled up!

18. 2019 February 4 6:54 pm

Jim, 6 inches of snow…and counting!