Trump Isn’t Going to the WHC Dinner …

2019 April 28

… and no one other than the White House Correspondents cares.

The media dreams about its importance … a dream few Americans share.

But it appears the White House Correspondents are good at raising red flags. Just as Muslims in Sri Lanka claim their are living in fear because of the Easter Sunday bombings, White House Correspondents claim they fear for their lives because of President Trump and the fact that he fights backs against the constant barrage of attacks by the media.

According to people like Brian Stetler, President Trump and others who criticize the media and cite its bias and dishonesty: 1. oppose freedom of the press; 2 are  against the First Amendment and 3 are a threat to democracy.

Now the President of the White House Correspondents Association has taken it a step further, claiming that the President has created a dangerous climate in which journalists fear for their lives … just like members of the Dallas law enforcement community after CNN’s weeks of accusing law enforcement officers of being a threat to blacks after the Michael Brown killing or Republican Congressmen should have at baseball practice after the media’s  non-stop attacks on the GOP triggered a Bernie Sanders supporter to attempt to murder GOP congressional members.

Like Muslims, what passes for “journalists” these days love to play the role of the victim and claim their lives are in danger because of the alt-right. Yet, in the US, these claims never materialize.

The White House Correspondents Dinner was again a hostile zone for President Trump, underlining it’s no mystery why the president skips it. White House Correspondents Association president Olivier Knox of Sirius XM Radio first paid tribute to the group’s lawyer, who filed a brief against CNN screamer Jim Acosta being denied his press pass for a few days. “No president should get to pick and choose who covers him!” And then Knox went full Drama Queen:

OLIVIER KNOX: That gets us in an admittedly roundabout way to this president. I don’t want to dwell on the president. This is not his dinner, it is ours, and it should stay ours. I do want to say this — in nearly 23 years as a reporter, I have been physically assaulted by Republicans and Democrats, spat on, shoved, had crap thrown at me. I have been told by senior officials of both major parties that I will never work in Washington again. There was a brief moment in Afghanistan when I thought a soldier not quite old enough to shave would shoot me dead for the crime of taking a picture inside the presidential palace.

And yet, I still separate my career into the period before February of 2017, and what came afterwards. And that’s because February 2017 is when the president of the United States called us the enemies of the people. A few days later, I was driving my then 11-year-old son somewhere, probably soccer practice, when he burst into tears and asked me is Donald Trump going to put me in prison?’ At the end of a family trip to Mexico, he mused that if the president tried to keep me out of the country, quote ‘at least uncle Josh is a good lawyer and he’ll get you home.”

If you are the son of Olivier Knox, your friends will probably rib you pretty bad at school on Monday. Why do journalists still do this? Talk about Fake News! Even Brian Stelter admitted all these conspiracy theories about dictator moves didn’t turn out. So why keep talking about them? Yes, “enemy of the people” is a harsh term. We prefer “the opposition party.” You can be sure this room was 99 percent Democrats. (Sean Spicer was there.)

But it’s still in fashion to say criticizing journalists could get them killed….and they never wonder if calling Trump Hitler might endanger him.
Ever hear of Oliver Knox before reading this? Neither had anyone else. If Oliver Knox truly wants to fanticize about being important enough to have a target on his back, he might wish to start by creating name awareness because no one knows who he is, nor do they care.
Knox is likely unhappy because with Trump boycotting the dinner, no one will notice the White House correspondents again this year. Pitty
Oliver, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but as we have so often pointed out at BJG, according to Gallup’s Annual Media Trust Study, a majority of Americans have not trusted the media since 2005.
Read more:
Hat tip: newsbusters.org
Carolina Hurricanes Storm Squad
With the Hurricanes’ success, Mullet is trying to catch up on team statistics other than the Storm Squad’s measurements.
  1. 2019 April 28 3:40 pm

Trump missed out on a bunch of worthless hacks sniffing each other’s farts. Drat.

2. 2019 April 28 3:45 pm

Mullet is frantically going through the Hurricanes stats, looking for a someone with 36 assists, 24 goals and 36 minutes in penalties.

3. 2019 April 28 3:47 pm

Dangerous environment??.. projecting like mofo. lol More like they’re just a laughing stock, but to the extent there is any truth to danger they created such all by themselves via dishonest and disingenuous reporting for decades… which is just starting to catch up to them, both in distrust levels and danger they fomented and continue to foment.

Really they’re just pissed he’s not following their rules, you really think most past presidents wanted to go to that thing? This one knows not only is it pointless but the rally last night in Green Bay was a far better use of Trumps limited time, and there was ZERO to be gained by going to that swamp fest.
    Boo hoo. BTW c-span didn’t cover the dinner… hopefully they stop for future years as well and it dies into obscurity, the whole thing never made any sense to me, nor does the very existence of the association.

4. 2019 April 28 3:50 pm

As for the pic…wow can I just pic them all? Quick picks are far left middle brunette, far right blonde first row, center blonde back row.

Storm Squad huh… how long before someone calls that racist and the name Hurricanes as insensitive? /s

5. 2019 April 28 4:00 pm

This was coming, guess it’s finally here in full now, full predator mode activated.

BTW while it’s great to be able to get things next-day in a pinch… 90% of the time 2-3 days works just fine for me, I really don’t need the majority of shit I ever buy online sooner. If I need it sooner that’s what actual stores are for, assuming of course amazons not put said store where I would get said product out of business already.

6. 2019 April 28 4:30 pm

“BTW I didn’t look for myself yet but I see a comment suggesting that amz minus it’s AWS services revenue, is actually still losing money 20 odd years on.”

And you would be correct. The cloud segment is past the double digit growth phase too. Still growing but nothing like it was 3 years ago.

7. 2019 April 28 4:35 pm

Were I Trump I would wait till the next WHC. Sit down with a good graphic artist and provide a multimedia display. Content? All the sources, lies, connections, FISA docs, name names and have Marshall Alvie walking around handing out warrants to appear in front of a Grand Jury. All televised.

With luck there will not be another WHC.

8. 2019 April 28 5:20 pm

Drdog, like you I’m hoping he co-opts the next WHC. Hell, I don’t know why he didn’t co-opt this one!

Take it over and run a multi-media show! Hell, they can’t stop him! 🙂

9. 2019 April 28 5:24 pm

Boy am I in trouble. My wife is thinking what to do next and here I am posting this on the couch. Pray for me.

10. 2019 April 28 5:27 pm

A good looking storm forming in North Carolina. How about those ‘Canes.

11. 2019 April 28 5:48 pm

12. 2019 April 28 6:39 pm

Super Volcanos if one is interested.

13. 2019 April 28 8:05 pm

If she wants to do a strip search I am willing…

14. 2019 April 28 8:49 pm
    Eph permalink

Hey Knox,

Why is SIRI stock in the toilet?

-A concerned shareholder for another 12 hours.

15. 2019 April 28 11:56 pm

This Putin guy knows how to roll. 🙂

16. 2019 April 29 12:01 am

12 – Thanks. Yup, if she blows we’ll be vacating to Mexico, but at least the caravans will stop. lol Good stuff though.

17. 2019 April 29 6:23 am

thx for scaring me about the volcanoes out here, drdog. 🙁

*sigh* and if they all blow I bet the Mexican government closes the border THEN! 🙂

18. 2019 April 29 7:14 am

Interesting article: Lachlan Murdoch is trying to move FNC as far left as possible without losing his core audience:

I started moving away from FNC after the 2008 election and became FNC-free about five years ago.

When my contract is up in November, I am dropping cable.

19. 2019 April 29 7:25 am

We went to a 50th anniversary party in South Bend over the weekend. My daughter is a finicky eater and didn’t like what they had to eat. So, we figured we’d stop after the party to get her something. We stopped at a Chick-Fil-A. 18 cars in the drive-thru at 9 PM.

20. 2019 April 29 7:28 am

drdog09 –

While she was very attractive, the winning Russia National Guard troop would have been my 4th or 5th choice of the women pictured.

21. 2019 April 29 7:40 am

Truth be told BC I would not turn a single one of them out of bed unless it was to get me another beer.

22. 2019 April 29 10:25 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Trump campaign manager Parscale says MN, NM, NH at the top of the list of blue states they hope to flip in 2020.

23. 2019 April 29 10:30 am

Punk rocker pissed because of the poop and syringes on his multi-million dollar beach… — All I can say is tough sh$^. Your unbridled compassion has finally washed up on your shores. “Welcome to the club pal!”

24. 2019 April 29 10:40 am

25. 2019 April 29 2:12 pm

19 – Speaking of south bend. Buttplug now has an sexual assault accuser (possible fraudster) who claims butt plug sexually assaulted him in February of this year. Details he (Hunter Kelly, of MI) claims will be provided later this week. I’m not buying atm without far more detail, but it will be entertaining to watch the left twist itself in all directions assuming it even gets reported on.

22 – Other than NH, that sounds more like dis-information to me.