Biden: “You Ain’t Black ….”

2020 May 22

Joe Biden – the gift that keeps on giving. If it isn’t Indians owning 7/11 and Dunkin’ Donut franchises, it’s blacks aren’t really black if they vote for Trump.

Coronavirus has benefited Joe Biden in many ways. It trashed the roaring economy. Record high employment became record high unemployment. But, perhaps its greatest benefit to Joe Biden is that coronavirus kept him holed up in his basement and off the campaign trail so the public wouldn’t notice his daily gaffes.

Will the Democrats suffer the embarrassment and humiliation of Joe Biden at the top of the ticket? Time will tell:

Former Vice President Joe Biden raised some eyebrows Friday during a heated interview with Charlamagne Tha God on The Breakfast Club. Charlamagne began by pressing Biden, telling him that “black people saved your political life in the primaries this year, and they have things they want from you, and one of them is a black woman running mate.”

“I guarantee you that there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” Biden said, just as he was interrupted by someone off-frame telling him his interview time was up.

“You can’t do that to black media,” Charlamagne protested.

“I can do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at six o’clock,” Biden replied. Charlamagne, visibly peeved, told Biden he ought to pick up the conversation again down the line because “it’s a long way to November, we’ve got more questions.”

“You’ve got more questions,” Biden said. “I’ll tell you, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Charlamagne waved off Biden’s comment, saying “it ain’t have nothing to do with Trump, I want something for my community.” While it’s true that more than than 8 in 10 black Americans believe Trump is racist and 9 in 10 disapprove of his job in office, Biden’s comment, even if it was directed specifically at Charlamagne, was clearly based on a sweeping generalization. “A white guy lecturing black Americans that they ‘ain’t black’ if they don’t vote for him is about as condescending and racist as it gets,” tweeted Republican strategist Andrew Surabian.

“WTF…” added Virginia Republican congressional candidate Jeffery A Dove Jr. “Because I don’t support your failed policies. Things like the ’94 crime bill, Obamacare, and others, ‘I ain’t black’ based on Joe Biden’s words. That is basically saying the Dem party owns me because of skin color.”

Exit Question: Will the Democratic power base let Biden have the nomination?

Read more (with video) Start around the 17 minute mark.

Hat tip: Yahoo “News”

See the source image

Democrats want to keep blacks on the plantation.

1. 2020 May 22 7:15 pm

From the previous thread:

JimNorCal –

2. 2020 May 22 7:17 pm

From the previous thread:

drdog09 –

If I do vote for you, I question my sanity.

3. 2020 May 22 7:31 pm

It’s been a busy couple of days. Haven’t been here much.

4. 2020 May 22 7:40 pm

Whitmer extends Michigan shutdown until June 12:

Yet she lifted it for some Michigan counties, including one in which she has a summer home … just in time for the Memorial Day Weekend.

If you recall, she first ordered people not to go “up north” and then requested that they not. Now she’s enjoying the weekend “up north.”

5. 2020 May 22 8:09 pm

6. 2020 May 22 9:05 pm

7. 2020 May 22 9:15 pm

Bc3b, I also have been absent…but should have more time starting tomorrow. 🙂

8. 2020 May 22 9:22 pm
    Eph permalink

9. 2020 May 22 9:24 pm
    Eph permalink

Have the betting odds on Kamala risen today?

10. 2020 May 23 5:37 am

“My guess is that his VP is named for him by July 4 weekend. Dems can’t wait much longer”

I would suggest, that the VP will be selected in a back room deal, off camera. It will be a he, not a she that is selected as VP. That is because I figure Slo Joe will have a ‘Seth Rich’ experience and won’t be able to run. The woman VP will be acclaimed after he is elevated to the POTUS-nom.

So tidy, it probably can’t happen that way.

11. 2020 May 23 6:02 am

Good one, TWIP…..

12. 2020 May 23 6:04 am
    Eph permalink

Dr,

I’ll believe that only if Billary is named VP.

Or Al Gore

13. 2020 May 23 6:07 am

I think it’s between Harris and Klobuchar – Harris if he wants to appeal to blacks and Klobuchar is the closest thing to a normal human being among the pack.

14. 2020 May 23 6:13 am

Odds on VP choice:

According to Real Clear Politics, there is an 84% chance Biden will be the presidential candidate.

15. 2020 May 23 6:20 am

“I give Trump an A+ on this one….”

Well yeah, but its cheap — 1st Amend would trump his EO anyway. Would have been more exciting if he had siced DoJ on every local tyrant that put up a closure order.

I am looking forward to May 31st when some 50 churches and growing defy Newsome in CA. A federal agent should be stationed at every one of them armed with a Patriot Act self served warrant for any assjack that tries to shut them down. THEN I would be impressed.

The first mission of the Fed govt is the protection of citizens rights and property. It is why it was created. But the Feds have not been following that aim for at least a century.

16. 2020 May 23 6:25 am

“I’ll believe that only if Billary is named VP.”

No love for Abrahms eh?

17. 2020 May 23 6:26 am

Our little church is going to re-open on May 31…I wish we were doing so tomorrow, but at least our Pastor has finally agreed to do so next Sunday, regardless of what the Governor says.

I fully expect Newsome to push back on Trump’s (almost) “order” to allow churches to re-open. If Newsome DOES push back, it will end poorly for him…and though he almost certainly knows it will end poorly, he is a Democrat, and won’t be able to help himself.

18. 2020 May 23 6:30 am

19. 2020 May 23 6:49 am

I just discovered a betting website with a converter that allows me to convert +175 into a percentage.from

The odds in #18 are from May 4. Here’e the current betfair odds.

Harris remains the favorite at 36% (same as May 4)
    Klobuchar has moved up to 31% (from 20%)
    Warren has moved down to 14% (from 18%)
    Whitmer is at 10% (unchanged)
    Stacey Adams is at 7% (down from 9%)
    Michelle Obama is at 9% (unchanged)
    Hillary Clinton is at 4% (down from 5%)

Eph – I hope you appreciate the things I do for you.

20. 2020 May 23 7:31 am

Drdog, that article in#22 was excellent.

I’ve never understood the allure of urban life…never. I barely understood the “allure” of SUBurban life. 🙂

The media is covering for the Democrats in the “pandemic” like never before. The reality is that in the entire United States, 95%+ of deaths occurred in TWO categories of places: (1) CITIES that rely on mass transit and (2) Nursing Homes in Democrat controlled States where Governors MANDATED that Covid-19 patients be transferred into them.

Thus the “allure” of living in a city and/or a Democrat controlled State, should be gone by now!

21. 2020 May 23 7:35 am

Flies are attracted to shit more than to honey.

22. 2020 May 23 9:10 am
    Eph permalink

BC,

Harris doesn’t help flip any states Billary lost in 2016.

Klob does, but she’s white

The beauty in all this is that there is only 1 VP

Somebody is going to be royally pissed

23. 2020 May 23 9:13 am
    Eph permalink

18. Only 84% ???

What about the other 16% ????

24. 2020 May 23 9:19 am

25. 2020 May 23 11:00 am

Dr Birx is asking the CDC to investigate three new hot spots – DC, Chicago and LA.

I thought the new hot spots were going to be in cities like Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville and Oklahoma City – in states that reopened.

26. 2020 May 23 1:57 pm

JR, 24,

First off IP the bard of BJG as always brings everything into focus. Kudos.

As a boy who spent most his time in orange fields in FL I agree with you. And though the house my dad built was in a suburb it was 5 years before we had another neighbor move in. Heck I made Sat matinee money going thru the empty lots picking oranges and selling them to folks miles away.

Most urban area I have lived was Cherry Hill, NJ. Worked in Philly. The weather sucked, the politics sucked, half the people sucked, the insurance rates really sucked. There were some bright spots but they were few. I could not leave that state soon enough. Now in the Fort Worth area. I am so far South in Tarrant cty I can spit into the next county. The sub I am in now everyone has acreage. The neighbors are great, we stay out of everyone’s business but everyone is willing to help.

Were I younger I would buy 100 acres around the gainesville Tx area. Its nice and the land is reasonably priced. Just getting too damn old to start a 6th career.

27. 2020 May 23 1:58 pm

Eph, 27,

They are going to vote for Biden for VP. 🙂

28. 2020 May 23 2:23 pm

29. 2020 May 23 2:52 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

“The taunting starts”
    I’m sure it’s photoshop but you know people are thinking it.

30. 2020 May 24 6:01 am

MSNBC contributor Anand Giridharadas:
    ==> “Many Americans have a childlike understanding of freedom and are paranoid about the government getting involved in their lives.”

a “childlike understanding of freedom”???

It is kinda refreshing to see that the Left has dropped the façade of giving a damn about freedom altogether. We knew they didn’t care about it…but they used to pretend, and that pissed me off because I KNEW they were lying.

So bravo, CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC…bravo!

I’m one of those proud “children”.
    So was Henry David Thoreau, who in his 1849 “Civil Disobedience,” wrote:
    ==> “That government is best which governs least”

31. 2020 May 24 7:53 am

JR #36 –

I had to “Google” this clown to find out who he is.

32. 2020 May 24 9:02 am

I have to Google CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC to see if they are even relevant anymore. When I do the links I usually get are for Amazon Prime Video. I think they are trying to tell me something.

33. 2020 May 24 11:42 am
    JimNorCal permalink

I know her talent has been recognized on this blog already but just wanted to affirm that feeling is widespread!

Kayleigh totally decimating the Soviet press-corp’s pathetic gaslighting efforts is the greatest thing you’ll see today
    👇🏻👇🏻🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
    pic.twitter.com/6tPXVWMHcv

— Dan Bongino (@dbongino) May 24, 2020

34. 2020 May 24 12:07 pm

Jim, you know she’s “over the target” because she’s getting “flak” (in the phrasing of IP). Including from Chris Wallace (no surprise there)

35. 2020 May 24 12:28 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I can’t even do this article justice with a summary.
    Covid is spreading so slowly that it’s hard to do meaningful vaccine testing.
    R U serious?
    (Checks: yes, PowerLine, not Babylon Bee. It’s legit)

36. 2020 May 24 2:35 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

The NY Times printed a headline 100,000 dead and printed several pages of names (so far, one is fake, some did not die of WuFlu).

Clearly they intend to blame Trump for each death …

The question was asked

37. 2020 May 24 3:09 pm

“If the NYTimes “listed those put out of work and KEPT OUT OF WORK by Democrats, who would be strong enough to hold a copy” of the paper?”

Never under estimate the power of 6pt type. 🙂 My question to NYT is do they have the guts to put the names of the staffers they fired at the head of the list?

38. 2020 May 24 4:54 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

39. 2020 May 24 5:32 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Regarding 44, seriously: it’s a long 20 min video.
    So watch 5 min and stop.
    Go ahead.
    I dare you. 🙂 🙂

40. 2020 May 24 8:32 pm

If they’re smart they’ll go with klbo, I said all along her whole reason in running was VP audition for Biden.

41. 2020 May 24 8:53 pm

V.S. closing 250 stores permanently.

42. 2020 May 24 9:13 pm

“Hate squirrels?”

Not really. I love them, right next the cream corn and mashed potatoes.

43. 2020 May 24 10:24 pm
    Eph permalink

46. She ain’t black …

44. 2020 May 25 9:58 am

49 – But biden is just ask him. 🙂 Frankly I don’t think putting black on ticket is going to matter as much as o’l barry being out on the stump and pushing the train this cycle anyway ( gonna be far more involved than 2016 cause hillary ain’t biden).