The Gold in Our Dilemma.

2020 June 12
tags:
by drdog09

We lament what has happened over the last quarter as a disaster. It still could be unless we let it. Open your minds to alternatives:

Closed schools

By closing the schools what has occurred? Well first off parents in quite a long time have seen just how much destruction Common Core has caused. Some parents have enjoyed the interaction with their kids as a teacher. The College set have come to realize just how much the cost structure is against them. They also realize they can acquire an education without the ivy covered walls.

That opens up opportunity. Do I really need to have my kid locked in a ‘institution’ run akin to a jail? Is it even harming my kids view of the world? Is this why my taxes are so high and maybe they could be cut in half if we got rid of most of the teachers and sold off the buildings?

Closed Businesses

Millions of businesses have been closed because of CoVid. A good many will never return. That is unfortunate for many, especially in the retail trade, will lose their income.

Yet again changes could be offered. Amazon’s position at the top of the heap is not guaranteed. Their advantage is that they got there first. But what they do is not unique. Amazon’s Achilles heel is that they NEED the material providers. Should someone come up with a better platform with better rates the competition would be healthy.

There are industry segments that needed a clearing out, dining establishments for one. Malls for another. Specialty retailers like Gap, Abercrombe will most likely consolidate. Oddly Sears would make a good vehicle as the nature of physical shopping is going to change back. But Sears won’t as they are too weak to modify their business model. Its a shame as my favorite sushi place will never return.

Global Supply Chain is dead. Good Riddance.

Oh sure, getting cheap Chin garbage made a disposal lifestyle much cheaper but it came at a cost buried in the biz model. We as a nation were weaker for it. The CoVid panic made in painfully apparent that we could not even supply our own drugs and they are an adversary. The cheaper goods came at the cost of lost jobs and padded CEO pay. It even harmed the environment. Shipping all the glitz cost energy and when the supply chain burped it delayed delivery cycles.

Fortunately many far thinking companies had already surmised that the long chain made things riskier. They were already moving production to India, Mexico, Columbia. Hopefully more of that production will come home. Yes items will cost more but I suspect that additional costs will also bring a better level of quality to the product base. (Much of the Chin stuff really is crap.) More automation will help alleviate certain costs factors as well.

Do I really need the new car if I can have one that runs reliably for 20 years? Suits? What the hell, I been doing my work in briefs most of the week. (That why Brooks Bros is filing chapter 11.) Commute? What is that? Half my day is Skyped or Google Meet. Do I even need the second car? It still has a full tank from what I filled up in March. I could really use 1Gb to the house now. Maybe fewer roads and more bandwidth is the answer?

The Urban Core is toast. Long live the Burbs.

City centers had a tactical advantage in that urban transport can be a more efficient situation. Combined with the concentration of services both business and recreation made for a powerful combination. But a two fold problem arose – Democrats with a tax and spend mentality and urban crime. The first concern of an individual is survival. When living is in jeopardy, all other concerns are secondary. The cities for the most part, with over 40yrs of mismanagement, are no longer survivable at the personal level. The Floyd riots have made that abundantly clear.

But yet again we have opportunity staring us in the face. If we let the cities die, what is the outcome? The police and the Pols get defunded. No need for them as no one is desiring to live there. Public policy becomes more local where citizens can see the stupidity of their leaders and correct them. Tax rates could go down, if we let them. (Lets not let the Feds bail them out.)

Shoot the Bankers.

Consider if you will all the factors listed so far, if allowed to follow their natural path are deflationary. That ultimately means the USD relative to assets becomes worth more. Interest rates would rise and savings would come online again.

Sure the Fed will say that this will cost jobs. Hey Powell, the jobs are already gone. If we have already reaped the poison it is time to acquire the reward. But we can only achieve that if we permit some of the first tier banks to fail. Close the discount window, the repo market and the free money. Let the best bank win.

We are headed for changes. The trigger for them has already been launched. As Rohm Emmanuel is oft quoted –

Never let a crisis go to waste.

We truly should not, just not the one the Progs want.

1. 2020 June 12 6:05 pm
    Eph permalink

Reposted with love…

Sean Hannity is truly a scumbag

I thought practicing Catholics dont believe in divorce???

Another hypocrite

2. 2020 June 12 6:27 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Could be fake news but fascinating

18.6% of Minneapolis’ total real estate listings have popped up for sale in just the last 7 days

3. 2020 June 12 6:31 pm

Drdog, an excellent post…and extremely timely. The world is changing…changed.

I have reached out to friends about planning and preparing, and your post is right in line with the topics I’m talking to them about. Thx!

4. 2020 June 12 6:38 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Yeah, JR, not wanting to give up CA without a fight but if the country splits I’m moving to Redistan.

5. 2020 June 12 6:43 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Another side topic related to drdog’s post: have you noticed how many Dem torpedoes have circled around and detonated in their area?
    The #MeToo for example snared a lot of Dems.
    I don’t expect the CHAZ or police defunding to work out well.
    Lots of lib icons are hit by various ancient infractions … homophobe jokes, blackface, you name it.

Latest? Hollywood!

Ted Cruz
    @tedcruz
    Hollywood now imposing racial quotas on filmmakers. Details not yet available.
    =======================================
    According to the NYT, they will have to meet inclusion standards to be eligible for the Oscars.

Sounds good. And while we’re at it, let’s push out a bunch of Lib news readers and replace them with POCs.

6. 2020 June 12 6:55 pm

Eph #1 –

Sean Hannity publicly announced he was leaving the Catholic Church about two years ago. Now we know why. I don’t know how anyone could stand listening to him every day. I know I couldn’t. Most people who act sanctimonious and self-righteous (Hannity, Romney, Kasich, etc.) are the world’s biggest frauds.

The Catholic Church has enough problems with Francis. It doesn’t need Hannity too. I hope his ex takes him for everything he has.

7. 2020 June 12 6:57 pm
    Eph permalink

BC,

$10 says he turns “Joe Scarborough” within 6 months

Never trust a New York Catholic.

8. 2020 June 12 6:59 pm
    Eph permalink

PS.

Inquiring minds would like to know if he was a$$ f$cking Ainsley while he was still married…

9. 2020 June 12 7:06 pm

My daughter teaches third grade in public school. She recorded lessons on her cell phone (white board, the whole deal) and posted the lessons so students patents could access them. She had video conferences with every student’s parent(s) weekly. Half way through the lockdown, another third grade teacher went into her eighth month of pregnancy and the principal asked Bridget to take over that class, giving her 48 students.

Every year Bridget gives each student a goody bag with a book, candy and other stuff she personally makes (costs her about $5 each). School officially ended last Friday. She spent a day and a half this week driving around delivering 48 goody bags to her class and the “orphans.”

10. 2020 June 12 7:08 pm
    Eph permalink

11. 2020 June 12 7:11 pm
    Eph permalink

My money is on Warren to get the Bernie crazies

12. 2020 June 12 7:13 pm

Eph #10 –

“Gretch the Wretch’s” handling of coronavirus did her in just as the riots ended Klobuchar’s chances.

13. 2020 June 12 7:19 pm

Eph #7 –

While Scarborough talks like he could be from NY, he was born and raised in Florida and lived there until going to work for MSNBC. While he attended a Catholic high school, he never was Catholic. About 15% of my kids’ classmates at Bishop Foley were non-Catholic.

14. 2020 June 12 7:21 pm
    Eph permalink

BC

Good points. I was thinking that list was fake news bc eithee Fishface or the Maine lesbian would be picked. But after the last few weeks forget that.

PS. None of those help Biden win any
    States Billary lost.

15. 2020 June 12 7:39 pm

drdog09 #9 –

Another casualty may be office buildings. Companies are discovering that many employees can work just as efficiently at home with the internet, email, conference calls and video conferencing. Many tenants may be scaling back space when it comes time to renew leases (particularly in high cost cities like Boston, NYC, San Francisco, LA.

My landladies cut our rent by 50% April – June as we were working remote. We are moving back into the office Monday.

16. 2020 June 12 10:53 pm

BC, 16,

I would say you are spot on. Commercial retail especially hardest hit. Office space will survive only if their debt structure is capable of 40% reduction in occupancy. Over the long haul I would not want to own any REITs until after the shakeout.

17. 2020 June 12 11:21 pm

GOP convention to be moved to Jacksonville FL.

18. 2020 June 13 5:31 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Ted Cruz provides secret undercover footage from inside the CHAZ (humor)

Be sure to scroll down to a short clip of the Spanish Laughing Guy posted by “Rosie memos”. Hysterical

19. 2020 June 13 6:07 am

20. 2020 June 13 6:12 am

You know we on the Right are letting a massive opportunity pass thru our fingers…..

The GOP should push forward a bill that:

* Ties federal funding of schools with vouchers, and
    * Makes homeschooling the law of the land.

The battle would be short,

* Homeschooling became the only form of instruction during the pandemic.
    * During that period there were no school shootings.
    * And most importantly the Dims submitted to the idea without a complaint.

Just pointing that out.

21. 2020 June 13 6:44 am

BC, 9,

Is your daughter certified in the state? Well then she has the opportunity to be a millionaire.

She needs to pull together a team member for each grade 1-6 (or 1-7 it depends). Find a techie to run the backend. Charge a fee per student. Teach the classes online. Write a couple of books to go with the lessons and sell them via Amazon. The parent is the TA. They could be running their own elementary academy by Fall of ’21.

The US average to teach a child is $15k per pupil per year. Much of that is ‘overhead’ and graft. She teaches two cohorts of 100 students each, morning, afternoon. $300k gross and still has the summer off.

22. 2020 June 13 6:48 am

Remember the firebombing limo liberals?– https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/report-lawyers-allegedly-torched-nypd-vehicle-riots-face-life-sentences/ — Facing a possible life sentence. Play silly games, win silly prizes.

23. 2020 June 13 6:53 am

You say you want fireworks for the 4th of July? — https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/initial-reports-bikers-trump-groups-planning-retake-seattle-occupation-zone-july-4th/ — How about a Bikers for Chaz event? Just to close it down you see.

24. 2020 June 13 7:54 am

Airlines proposes culling of ex-Naval Aviators to reduce oversupply of pilots on the post Corona payroll.

CHICAGO, IL — Shrinking airplane operations aren’t the only change coming to United Airlines. In the midst of a vast pilot surplus, United Airlines spokeswoman Janine Davidson announced earlier today that the airline is considering culling all pilot positions held by former Navy and Marine Aviators. This comes in the wake of an incident involving United Flight 2921 from Orlando to Milwaukee that left two passengers hospitalized and dozens of others stunned. The United Airlines Boeing 737 was piloted by two former Naval Aviators—an F/A-18C and an E-2D pilot.

“The plane came down so hard, I soiled myself,” reported passenger Dale Gordons of Lake Okeechobee, FL. United Flight Attendant Stacie Sommers, working aboard Flt 2921, recounts: “There was a 27 year old college student in 12B who was crying hysterically. I went over to help and noticed that his comfort gerbil was crushed under the weight of the obese man next to him when the plane touched down. The other flight attendant rushed to the flight deck to see what happened and as the door opened, the pilots were high-fiving and making ‘one-wire’ jokes.”

United Airlines Chief Pilot, Jack McCann, understands that Naval Aviators flew jets that regularly touch down in excess of 700 feet per minute aboard their aircraft carriers. “These rates of descent are just too hard on our passengers and too hard on our planes. We try to train these tendencies out of them, but it’s a culture thing. They’re brainwashed and it’s hard to teach old dogs new tricks.”

This seems to be the final straw to break the camel’s back. Last month, United Airlines maintenance workers filed a formal grievance against seven pilots, all former Naval Aviators, who were caught opening panels and pre-flight inspecting their airplanes before their flights. “It’s a clear gesture of distrust,” stated United Airlines Aircraft Mechanic Jason Dant. Passengers are also becoming worried about safety practices when they see pilots clambering over their airplanes and inspecting them.

Shannon Kelsey, of Laguna Beach, CA doesn’t feel comfortable seeing airline pilots concerned over the plane’s status. “It’s like seeing the barista at Starbucks sip your drink before serving it to you to make sure it’s actually a Java Frappuccino with vegan almond milk. It makes me uncomfortable and a little offended.”

Former Marine Aviator Mike Highway just wants to make sure his aircraft is safe. “I’m not sure what these fuckin’ snowflakes are whining about. How would you like to fly in a plane that’s probably been inspected by some 12-year old that just graduated from Embry Riddle, makes $10 an hour and lives with his mom? I’m not signing for that shit without double checking it. I didn’t do it in the Fleet, and I ain’t doing that shit now.”

As far as recruiting former military aviators for the future, Davidson says she is encouraging more Air Force pilots to apply. “Former Air Force pilots have been shown to gently guide their aircraft through the sky. They use the automated flight control assistance capabilities on our planes more regularly, and aren’t accustomed to performing hard carrier landings. Air Force pilots also don’t perform pre-flight inspections and tend to be more team-oriented. We prefer a trusting relationship between members of the United Airlines Team and show our valued passengers that our pilots are just as comfortable boarding alongside them from the airport jet-bridge.”

25. 2020 June 13 8:00 am

They are stupid. Just on a legal basis it leaves them open for a class action suit.

On a practical matter, I would prefer a pilot that is checking the status of the plane. That is required for private pilots out of necessity. Hard to do repairs at 37000 feet.

26. 2020 June 13 8:54 am

Mutley 28 I don’t know the origin of this, but I’m sure it’s a spoof. One crew member always does walk around inspections when I was still an active aviator. The squished gerbil is a give away mehtinks.

27. 2020 June 13 9:04 am

Antifa pledge:

“I pledge allegiance to the anarchist flag of the United States of banana oligarchy and to the mobocracy for which it stands,one balkanized nation under satan, divisible, with tyranny and fascism for all.”

28. 2020 June 13 9:06 am

IP, is that real??

OMG, I will NEVER fly United Airlines again if they do that.

I really don’t like turbulence when flying, and thus can almost never sleep on a long flight.

Ture story: A while back I was waiting to board a plane for a long flight, when the Gate Attendant said: “The pilots have just informed us that there will be considerable turbulence in this flight due to a storm they cannot completely avoid. We will re-book any passengers who request it on a later flight.” (The two pilots had been talking to the gal at the check-in counter.)

I always wear a Marine Corp ballcap when I go anywhere, and had one on at the time.

I was standing up near the gate and as the pilots turned and headed down the ramp, one of them noticed my ballcap and said: “Semper Fi, Marine”. I noticed he had a small Globe & Anchor on his lapel. I don’t know how turbulent the flight was…because I slept like a baby. I figured a little (or a lot) of turbulence wasn’t even close to the worst he’d seen! 🙂

29. 2020 June 13 9:16 am

Antifa is their name, subterfuge is their game,
    Creating a Reichstag fire, passions they hope to inflame,
    These sheep clothed nazi scum,
    Into the depths of depravity they plumb,
    They will reap the backlash of a world aflame.

~~~F,em~~~~

30. 2020 June 13 9:22 am

IP, is that real?? jarhead Probably just a parody, I know not from where it came, although I have run into a few tail hook types that wanted to drive it onto the runway with gusto. We usually could retrain them with embarrassment as the flt. attendants would complain. ( hard landing, no poontang for that night)

31. 2020 June 13 10:31 am

drdog09 #28

32. 2020 June 13 10:34 am

ip727 #27

The interesting thing about stereotypes, sometimes liberals want them to apply, other times they don’t:

* A few bad former-Navy pilots = all former-Navy pilots are bad
    * A few bad police = all police are bad
    * Muslims kill 3,000 on 9/11 = don’t judge all Muslims because of the actions of a few
    * Blacks commit more violent crimes than whites = don’t judge all blacks by the actions of a few

33. 2020 June 13 10:44 am

justrand #32 –

Mullet and I always wear our Air Force hats (the only parts of our uniforms that still fit) when we travel Greyhound to get the employees’ discount,

34. 2020 June 13 11:17 am

NBA players threaten to halt resumption over “systemic racism”:

Time to end sports above high school level?

35. 2020 June 13 11:24 am

Cut the million dollar paychecks, and they will realize how they have stepped on their dongs.

36. 2020 June 13 11:27 am

drdog09 #24 –

Yes, she’s certified; teachers have to be these days. There’s actually a glut of teachers and getting a job in the better districts is highly competitive. Niche ranks her district #9 of about 550 districts in Michigan. At her initial orientation, they told her there were 4,500 applications for fewer than 100 openings. She really enjoys interaction with the kids.

37. 2020 June 13 12:41 pm

Glad she enjoys it. You have to in order to be effective for the kids.

38. 2020 June 13 12:44 pm

Ok, Here’s what the Pols did not expect — https://cdllife.com/2020/truck-drivers-say-they-wont-deliver-to-cities-with-defunded-police-departments/ — A gallon of milk @ $20 anyone. Either that or SWAT teams will be riding Walter Mitty style outside the tractor into town.

39. 2020 June 13 12:48 pm

I rode in a puddle jumper DC-3 Pittsburgh to Willamsport. Nothing but storms all the way. Roughest flight I was ever in. The stew must have been a gymnast for being able to stand upright. I don’t know if the pilots were Navy types or not, but I was damn glad when they planted those Dunlops hard on the tarmac.

40. 2020 June 13 1:36 pm

Folks,

Any of your kids trading the market on the Robinhood app? I would suggest they stop.

First because the app is highly unstable. Second because Robinhood sells the data in realtime to guess who? The professional high frequency trading players. So the HFT folks are front running the market in a series of stocks and using Robinhood as the setup for those users being holding the bag when the stock appropriately collapses.

41. 2020 June 13 1:37 pm

the “Robinhood app??

hell, I’m still playing PONG on an Atari!

42. 2020 June 13 2:28 pm
    Eph permalink

39 BC

LMAO

They dont want to play bc that means getting back in shape from being off for thr last 3 months due to the Wuhan plague. Lazy bums.

43. 2020 June 13 3:18 pm

drdog09 #44 –

I worked with Connie Dierking , who played in the NBA in the late 1950s – 1960 with the Rochester Royals (later the Cincinnati Royals – today’s Sacramento Kings) – 6’10” tall (or 5 foot 22 inches as he put it).

He hated to fly. There’s a 2-3 year gap in his career as he didn’t like flying into Rochester, NY on DC-3s in the winter. NBA players didn’t make that much back then. Played against Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell. Great guy. Very conservative. Died about 6 years ago.

44. 2020 June 13 3:31 pm

Eph #48 –

I don’t see the point in the NBA (or the NHL) taking several weeks to get in shape to begin playoffs when the 2020-21 pre-season is about 3 months away.

45. 2020 June 13 3:38 pm

Mortgage payments on those 20 room mansions they got suckered into.

46. 2020 June 13 3:41 pm

looking for recommendations/opinions…

we have .38s and a .357, but I want to get a 1911 or other .45. I really want to get one that my wife can rack and operate (fairly) easily. Oh, and don’t want to spend “too much” 🙂 Any thoughts?

47. 2020 June 13 3:48 pm
    Eph permalink

Rand,

Most 1911 models are not double action

Something to think about

48. 2020 June 13 4:47 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

That Air Force pilot story is hysterical!
    Part way through I began to see it was satire …

I’m sure we’re all glad to see JR is thinking about rebuilding after the “tragic boating accident ” wiped out his collection!!

49. 2020 June 13 5:00 pm

Scoping out .22 semis for the clan. We have 9mm, but not quite discrete enough.

50. 2020 June 13 5:44 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

At Delta, no private life. No personal opinions. Watch for this to roll out through Big Corp … and ONLY apply to conservatives.

As representatives of a values-based company, Delta people – in your actions, words and behavior – are expected to embody these values while at work and when you’re away. You are always a reflection of our culture and our brand, regardless of whether you explicitly identify yourself as a Delta employee.

Our Rules of the Road and social media policy make it clear that Delta does not tolerate hateful acts, discriminatory language or content that harasses or mistreats others in any forum. While these principles aren’t new, we will be applying a greater level of scrutiny and accountability to ensure they are followed. I want to make it clear that violations will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

51. 2020 June 14 2:34 am

bc3b 35 “ip dutifully checked the bra size of all stewardesses before takeoff. Anyone below a B was deemed “unfit to fly.”

Actually I made sure there was one super ugly flat chested one on board, so as to increase my odds on layover.