MN COVID-19 Cases Spike among Young Adults

2020 July 1

The media watches carefully and jumps on any spikes in coronavirus infections in any red states that reopened early (Georgia, Florida, Texas. Arizona) and it cautions about people attending church, frequenting bars and attending sporting events.

One thing the media has been (not so) strangely silent about is the effect of people attending mass protests becoming COVID-19 positive. This is true of the entire left. Comrade deBlazio has forbidden his coronavirus task force from asking people if they participated in mass protests withing the past month.

Here is data from the Minnesota Department of Health showing confirmed cases by age groups. Note the spike in cases confirmed by people in the 20-29 age group during the past three weeks. The number has tripled while other age groups have remained relatively flat. What could be causing this?

Like the record-breaking quarter, this is something CNN and the rest of the media won’t report.

Image

Hat tip: Minnesota Department of Health via Minnesota Public Radio

Lauren Boebert, Gun-Rights Activist, Upsets House G.O.P. Incumbent ...

Shooters Grill on Twitter: "@realDonaldTrump Grand Junction MR ...

1. 2020 July 1 11:58 am

Ya know at this point I just call BS on the whole mess. Just because you test positive does not mean it is a death sentence. The severity depends on all sorts of personal medical factors. Then of course there is the misreporting, over reporting, classifying a sky diving death as CoVid, etc, etc, etc. Masks do work, mask don’t work, masks could cause issues unrelated to CoVid.

I reached the ‘F it’ stage months ago. You are as likely to catch a normal flu and die of it as CoVid. Prove me wrong cause it appears the ‘experts’ can’t.

2. 2020 July 1 12:00 pm

Folks in MN ought to just walk into a crowd with a sign that says “CoVid Positive” coughing all the while. Be a great way to disable BLM. At least based on the chart BC provided.

3. 2020 July 1 12:01 pm
    Eph permalink

4. 2020 July 1 12:04 pm

5. 2020 July 1 12:15 pm

Eph #4 –

The people who elected Trump won’t care any more what Bushbots – or even Gringo Jorge himself – say any more than they cared what the “conservative purists” at National Review said in 2016.

They want their party back because destroying the country by gracefully losing to the Democrats is so laudatory.

6. 2020 July 1 12:17 pm

Seattle police clearing CHOP Zone. Surrounding the mayor’s house was a step too far:

7. 2020 July 1 12:22 pm

GOPers need to get their act together — https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/fox-news-q2-2020-ratings-tucker-carlson-averaged-4-3-million-viewers-in-the-8-p-m-hour-the-largest-audience-in-cable-news-history/446144/ — Carlson is openly not happy with the GOPers in Congress. Viewership might be the most important poll of all.

8. 2020 July 1 12:42 pm

And a follow up to #8 — https://youtu.be/RAyLLz2HRH8?t=222 — Its like the GOP has Stockholm Syndrome.

9. 2020 July 1 12:57 pm

10. 2020 July 1 1:28 pm
    Eph permalink

Eyore had no problem reading that piece.

All hyperbole and “what ifs”

I need numbers.

11. 2020 July 1 1:29 pm
    Eph permalink

However, posts 8 and 9 are legit and why Eyore predicts a Biden win.

12. 2020 July 1 1:31 pm

Pizza Hut’s largest franchisee (1,200 stores) files for bankruptcy.

How’s being the Official Pizza of the NFL working out, Pizza Hut? Who makes a buying decision based on any company being the official sponsor of anything?

With all the Pizza Hut stores closing, the closest one is 12 miles from my house. Not that it matters, because I hadn’t visited the now-closed one 3 miles from my house in 10+ years. And, my family eats lots of pizza.

13. 2020 July 1 1:44 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

8, sounds promising.

“You are as likely to catch a normal flu and die of it as CoVid. Prove me wrong cause it appears the ‘experts’ can’t.”
    I think this year’s normal flu death-count is 60,000.
    WuFlu is 130,000. So … maybe 2.5x or 3x at the end?
    Which pales beside earlier predictions like 2.2 million, or 10x normal flu.

14. 2020 July 1 1:44 pm

If there is a MLB season, King Eyore predicts a Baltimore – Miami World Series.

15. 2020 July 1 1:47 pm
    Eph permalink

16 BC,

Anything is possible in a 60 game “season”

LOL

16. 2020 July 1 1:56 pm

“WuFlu is 130,000. So … maybe 2.5x or 3x at the end?”

Could be the likely number. But I question if that increase was induced. Like say a stupid NY gov forcing CoVid carriers into nursing homes that is a target rich environment for the virus. Back out the nursing home numbers and what do ya get?

17. 2020 July 1 3:30 pm
    Eph permalink

20 BV,

Remember that nurse from NC??

Elmers I believe. No?

18. 2020 July 1 3:37 pm

This election is rapidly becoming a binary one —

* Stand for being left alone, or
    * Bend a knee and let someone drive a hot tax poker in your eye.

19. 2020 July 1 4:06 pm

Eph –

This woman packs heat and owns Shooters restaurant in Colorado, where all the waitresses pack heat when they’re working.

See above. The one with the six-shooter is extremely hot. There’s something special about an old fashioned girl.

I never had so much difficulty reading the Declaration of Independence.

20. 2020 July 1 4:12 pm
    Eph permalink

BC,

OK, Ill take your word on her.

21. 2020 July 1 4:28 pm

Eph –

Rene Ellmers had added motivation for turning RINO. Kevin McCarthy was banging her.

22. 2020 July 1 4:29 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

18, I’ll grant you that point!

re: the lady packing heat
    Flashback: “Boebert drove three hours from Rifle, openly carrying a handgun, to confront [Robert “Beto” O’Rourke] the presidential contender. She owns Shooters Grill in Rifle on Colorado’s Western Slope (where the waitstaff open carry loaded firearms in the establishment). ‘I was one of the gun owning Americans who heard you speak regarding your ‘Hell yes I’m going to take your AR-15s and AK-47s. Well, I’m here to say hell no you’re not.’”

I’d vote for her

23. 2020 July 1 4:34 pm
    Eph permalink

26 BC,

Never heard that one before.

24. 2020 July 1 4:36 pm
    Eph permalink

Sean Hannity, part 2

LMAO

25. 2020 July 1 4:50 pm

Lauren Borbert got her start by attending a Beto rally and telling him “Hell no, you won’t (take my guns away).

26. 2020 July 1 4:54 pm

27. 2020 July 1 6:00 pm

Have you folks seen Biden’s ‘game plan’? — https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/ — Its a mishmash of old Liberal visions right out of Jimmy Carter. Some are so old they have been either met or in other cases supplanted by new reality.

28. 2020 July 1 6:59 pm
    Eph permalink

Tucker tonight was comedy gold.

At this rate he is going to take down Trump too

29. 2020 July 1 9:26 pm

Something is not quite right… — https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/07/01/bokhari-activism-not-journalism-cnn-pressures-brands-to-join-facebook-ad-boycott/ — Why the frenzy by CNN and others in the cable news biz? Could it be that their own unreleased polling of likely voters say that Trump already has a lock on term 2?

The Left never goes bezerk if they know they have the winning ticket. Fact they go quite smug and start measuring the curtains in the Blue Room.

30. 2020 July 1 9:49 pm

2 – I equally call mostly BS. the severity just isn’t there in majority of new cases.
    8 – They will not listen, they never listen.
    10 – on the flip side…

19 – Good because as he’s proved he’s not an expert, and has done more harm than good.

36 – No, it’s just an ever increasing drive to stop Trump from being able to communicate and frankly I think it’s working. Besides the left default position these days is to go bezerk… no matter how small or large the topic.

I got another polling call from the DCCC yesterday – I took it this time as it was automated.. told it I was a female, aged in 35-45, with phd, voting for trump. What I found hilarious was there was a question about approval for president trump, there was no “approval” option, there was only “disapprove” or “unsure”. lol. That told me it was probably not a real poll. I suspect it was more an attempt to id who to call\not call in the future as gotv operations get started. But it is the 3rd time in 2 weeks an admitted D operation has called my number, of course they just say DCCC and I doubt many people actually know what that stands for.

I see Ed Henry got fired from fox cause some old harassment claim dating back to 2011 – or at least that’s what they’re saying publicly. Not that I give a shit about Henry quite the opposite but that strikes me as some weak sauce, some one incident 9 years after the fact.

31. 2020 July 1 9:56 pm

Bad news of the day if true, which it may very well not be given the source.

32. 2020 July 1 10:00 pm

HAHA – How many time has he been told by those that elected him and the more dedicated folks around him (what few there are) to not listen to Kushner?

33. 2020 July 1 10:09 pm

Gone unmentioned this week USMCA is now in effect.

What was the outcome of UT gov primary, did that POS Huntsman squeak it out?

34. 2020 July 1 10:18 pm

I thought this has effectively already happened like 6mo ago when they put it in quarantine (no not wuhan related lol)? Thought everyone had moved on to https://thedonald.win/ by now anyway?

35. 2020 July 1 10:21 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

36. 2020 July 2 5:47 am

There has been a spike in CoVid cases but the death rate not nearly as alarming. It would be an interesting study to compare the tactical practices in Q1/2 with those in Q3. It will come sometime in the future for sure, buried in some medical journal that the press will never report on.

37. 2020 July 2 5:52 am

38. 2020 July 2 5:57 am

Enforce, but active? — https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/australia-places-300k-under-lockdown-global-cases-near-105-million-live-updates — Mexico is going thru a CoVid outbreak bigger than ours right now. Is it wise to allow trucks/drivers thru without a screening?

39. 2020 July 2 6:02 am

pretty good article, and although the author offers no “solutions”, he does make the call to start preparing for what comes next…which I am trying to do. He gives us years, I give us 11 months (I think June 2021 will be pivotal), I pray I am wrong.

40. 2020 July 2 6:22 am

The trigger event in June 2021? Asking for a friend.

41. 2020 July 2 7:05 am

Drdog, I picked June 2021 simply based on what happened this year around the beginning of June, and figured what is rewarded is repeated. June is good protesting/rioting weather and the snot-nosed Gender Studies college students and other useful idiots will be available to swell the ranks of the mobs. Sooooo…

I think our external enemies, and even some internal ones, got caught flat-footed by how quickly our society fell apart with just AntiFa and BLM pushing it. Next year I think they will be ready with their owns plans, and if (God forbid) “Joe Biden” is elected, I would expect a “Reichstag Fire” to kick things off. Even if Trump is still President I think they will try. Either way I think our society begins to unravel…it will just happen faster if the Democrats are in full control.

Again, I pray I am wrong.

42. 2020 July 2 7:26 am
    JimNorCal permalink

“I would expect a “Reichstag Fire””

Yeah, just let mobs stop cars and shoot people but don’t report it. When people carry and start to shoot back, drop the hammer on white racist terrorism nationwide.

JRs author expects a transition time where red state traditional-culture people can break off and form a separate nation.

43. 2020 July 2 7:27 am

46 – I’ve been wondering if that’s actually been a factor in the southwest usa spike. No but that was true pre-covid and nothing is going to change.

I really think it’s combo of 3-4 things, 1. hot af so people staying inside vs spring, spreads way more easily inside (sunlight kills this fker in < 2minutes) it's far better to be out on a crowded beach than in some dark bar (why closing beaches imho is str8up stupid), 2. protest crap, 3. wuhan-worry fatigue\natural flare-up with reopening and mexico outbreak, 4. Far greater testing being done. 5... I'm never going to rule out, particularly in current environment a dedicated team of purposeful spreaders out there. As for hospitals what people aren't reporting is that a lot of the increase isn't people showing up a hospital for covid, it's been finding people who are there for normal stuff who actually pop positive before they have whatever procedure they're actually showing up for. Now I'm sure most of that is real in the sense they have it and didn't know it, but some of it strikes me as $$$ maker too on part of hospitals to juice some numbers. Right now despite the medias desire to hype shit to all hell it all seems very manageable, in fact it all seemed pretty manageable in April if people stopped the over-hype\over-reaction crap and just focused on the the obvious and hardest impacted. 49 - If he's in office they may no have to lift much of a finger.

44. 2020 July 2 7:30 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Seen on another blog, no link given

“YAY! Ghislane Maxwell arrested!
    I expect to see some other people leaving the country.”

Maxwell recruited girls for aepstein.

45. 2020 July 2 7:32 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Another interesting story.

“COVID-19 positive students in Tuscaloosa have been attending parties as part of a contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member says.”
    “They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot.”
    ==========================================

46. 2020 July 2 7:38 am

Herd immunity is a good thing, Ya?

47. 2020 July 2 7:48 am

Well they got Epstein’s hench woman — https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epsteins-confidant-ghislaine-maxwell-arrested-in-new-hampshire-fbi-says — With all the tech she was on the lamb for more than half a year.

48. 2020 July 2 7:51 am

The final death in CHOP: It appears the 16 year old black yoot who was shot and killed by the CHOP guards at 3 AM was driving a Jeep that he had stolen at knife-point shortly before and was hoping to enter CHOP to avoid the police:

49. 2020 July 2 7:57 am

More bad news for Eph and King Eyeore:

Hopefully their University of Akron logo gear will arrive soon. The boys are hoping for another 0-12 season.

50. 2020 July 2 8:16 am

Eyeore needs scotch — https://cnsnews.com/index.php/article/national/susan-jones/employment-4940000-june — Employment now only 16m short of the all time Trump high water mark and increasing.

51. 2020 July 2 8:19 am

52 – allegedly.
    57 – Not really. lose ~25m in 2 months, it’s good that 8m are back over the 2mo, even better that it beat estimates in some ways, but it’s going to be a long haul, especially with forces trying desperately to make sure such is stopped or delayed as much as possible. Not to mention it’ll get zero coverage tonight.

52. 2020 July 2 8:23 am

53 – That shit is funny, and kind of not funny at the same time. 🙂

53. 2020 July 2 8:40 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Don’t threaten to kill Trump supporters on Tik Tok when you’re applying for a job
    Sweet SJW tears

54. 2020 July 2 9:21 am

Over under on maxwell’s date of suicide?

61 – Yeah fuck her #1 for being absolute psycho in the first place, fuck her #2 for being dump enough to out her insanity on twitter. I just say to her welcome to the cancel culture you and lunatics like you helped build. So now that you’ve been canceled, how does it feel being on the receiving end? Also note, and I’m sure it’s pointless to even mention anymore cause it’s just standard practice but people have been banned on twitter for less but they leave her alone.

55. 2020 July 2 9:23 am
    The Ghost of Reason permalink

KH….. in minutes, hours or days…..?

56. 2020 July 2 9:32 am

I keep telling my students, employers are scanning social apps as part of their employment research regimen.

57. 2020 July 2 9:46 am

nutshell

58. 2020 July 2 9:48 am

63 – 😉 Lets go with days.

59. 2020 July 2 9:52 am

Guess to make the contest ‘fair’ we all need to know if Maxwell will be a guest at the NY detention facility or not and do the video cameras work?

60. 2020 July 2 9:57 am

61. 2020 July 2 10:29 am
    JimNorCal permalink

62. 2020 July 2 10:39 am
    JimNorCal permalink

I’m open to correction but I believe the answers are “mayor of Chicago” and “female”.
    Not positive about the question though.

63. 2020 July 2 10:41 am
    JimNorCal permalink

That moment when …

64. 2020 July 2 11:28 am

2.3m guns sold last month.

65. 2020 July 2 11:36 am

drdog09 –

I do hope those University of Akron replica football jerseys arrive soon. I attended the Akron-Central Michigan game last fall. Half the time a CMU lineman got to the Akron QB before he got the ball and Central Michigan was just mediocre.

Once the Akron jerseys arrive, Eph and King Eyeore can have fun dropping passes and fumbling.

66. 2020 July 2 12:06 pm

New Jersey politics isn’t known for probity, but at least today it offers a useful warning to the nation. Four men are accused of committing fraud last month in the city of Paterson’s entirely vote-by-mail municipal elections. For one reason or another, county election officials have thrown out about 20% of the ballots submitted.

— from WSJ

Imagine that at national scale. Eyeore cheers??

67. 2020 July 2 12:41 pm

drdog09 #74 –

But, Chrissy Wallace says voter fraud doesn’t exist.

68. 2020 July 2 1:01 pm

BC,

Shows my age. Quite some time ago I gave up on `never happen`. These days short of physical laws I assume anything can happen. But I would still flip a coin in the air these days to test my assumptions about gravity. Wallace ought to do the same.

69. 2020 July 2 1:09 pm

Can I call’em or what? re: post 63. Anybody want to change their entries for Maxwell survival contest??

Update (1455ET): MSNBC’s Ayman Mohyeldin reports that multiple federal law enforcement officials say that depending on what the judge overseeing today’s detention & removal hearing & the Bureau of Prisons determine, Ghislaine Maxwell could be housed at MCC in New York – the same jail where Jeffrey Epstein killed himself.

70. 2020 July 2 1:20 pm

CoVid, worth the read — https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-we-should-not-be-concerned-about-increasing-covid-19-cases-texas — I suspect this is why the TX public health is telling CDC to shove it.

71. 2020 July 2 2:42 pm

NFL planning to play black national anthem before week 1 games:

72. 2020 July 2 5:44 pm

NFL doesn’t want any white viewers. F- em

73. 2020 July 2 10:23 pm

81 – Black national anthem?

Can you get any more anti-American and racist at the same time?