Pictorial Tour of Riot-Ravaged Cities

2020 July 4

As it always does, CNN and the rest of the media put a filter on the protests (aka riots and looting) that has taken place in major cities across America. In Minneapolis alone hundreds of buildings were damaged or destroyed with an estimated $500-million in damages.

CNN pretty much ignored the damage and hurt the riots caused to the black community. People who worked for decades saw their businesses destroyed in a matter of minutes. Food deserts were created as groceries and pharmacies were burned down. But, like innocent black children being gunned down, this was ignored by the networks as it doesn’t fit their agenda – the US is a racist country that must capitulate to any and all demands, regardless of how foolish they might be.

Rebuilding will be long and costly and insurance rates will climb. Worse of all, Minneapolis is headed into a decline, just as Detroit did in 1067, one from which there is no reversal.

Independent Journalist Tours The Cities Destroyed By Black Lives Matter Rioters

“These could very well have been the most widespread simultaneous riots EVER in US history … but the media coverage has simply not conveyed the scale of what occurred.”

Independent journalist Michael Tracey has been traveling the country over the past few weeks to try and capture the wholesale destruction caused by the Black Lives Matter riots which he suspects the media is refusing to cover because they don’t want to be perceived as “discrediting the movement.”

“[Chicago Police] officer mentioned to me being shocked at how little media coverage the riots in these neighborhoods received — an opinion locals tend to agree with,” Tracey said while touring Chicago the other day. “The scale of it is crazy. But journalists apparently don’t want to be perceived as ‘discrediting the movement’ or whatever.”

“These could very well have been the most widespread simultaneous riots EVER in US history, at least within an extremely contained period of time (weekend of May 29 to June 1, scattered incidents afterwards) but the media coverage has simply not conveyed the scale of what occurred.”

Fox News reported Monday that experts say the BLM riots are likely to be “the most expensive civil disturbance in US history” and are expected to “far exceed” the $1.4 billion in damages (in 2020 dollars) from the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

As Fox News reported: “In Minneapolis, where some 400 businesses were damaged, owners and insurance experts estimate costs of the damage to exceed $500 million, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.”

Let’s take a look at the destruction Michael Tracey and his camera captured in Minneapolis, Chicago and New York.

Hat tip: informationliberation.com

1. 2020 July 4 8:04 pm

…oh for christ sake…

……….and so it begins………….. WTF is up with MI?

How much and who got the kickbacks for this one?

Flipping depressing as usual.

^^ two of them bragging they are elementary school teachers can’t give a date for our independence. This is who is teach your\our kids of tomorrow.

WBF

2. 2020 July 4 8:06 pm

Did they actually raise something toward that figure, one wonders why it isn’t seized to pay for some of the repairs, or right because vast majority of it has already been passed on to other dem groups.

3. 2020 July 4 8:12 pm

^^
    Study you will not see hyped by the media or passed around the boardroom, though all I can say is no-shit, I didn’t need a ‘study’ to tell me the obvious. What’s funny is it’s mostly sampled… college campus work, giving it the best possible chance imho to come out the other way. lol

4. 2020 July 4 8:29 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Amazing photo essay, thanks for posting

5. 2020 July 4 8:40 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

HE’LL STRIP BLACK VOTES FROM BIDEN IF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS, AND HE KNOWS THAT:
    Rapper Kanye West announces U.S. presidential bid on Twitter.

6. 2020 July 4 10:36 pm

Woke SJW movie nite at wallyworld coming soon? I mean could it end up going any other way right now, cause whatever classics they might show someone will find a reason to take offense too. What is the point here honestly other then create a potential hostage situation?

“This family-friendly night will include hit movies, special appearances from filmmakers and celebrities and concessions delivered right to customer vehicles.”
    — On filmmakers and celebrities… with Tribeca involved (Deniro’s outfit) so it’s a D gotv effort in select areas, along with a datamining op based on your plate and cc uses for the concessions.

Call me paranoid but it’s just the way I think(what is the catch here).

5 – Not all, definitely would pull some from Trump too , and biden has far more to spare than trump by default. Call me crazy but I think he’s toying around unless he’s literally just going to run a write-in campaign, because time to qualify for ballot access is less than 60day out in most states if not already closed (I think just from 2016 memory I didn’t check). He’s a strange dude so not sure what’s going through his head other then get people talking\get press at any moment. Watch the D’s dump Joe and insert KW. lol Only 64.1% kidding with that, cause I would not put it past them?

7. 2020 July 5 5:08 am

KH #1

“……….and so it begins………….. WTF is up with MI?”

That’s what man of us are trying to figure out.

8. 2020 July 5 5:17 am

Well there Knight, that jingles my brain cells to a similar event in 1968, 72 — https://www.theattic.space/home-page-blogs/2020/2/1/pat-paulsen-for-president — It was Laugh-In then, and its surely Laugh-In now.

9. 2020 July 5 5:26 am

Funny when you think about it. My view of lawyers is most of them are dung beetles on society; scavenging anything, building nothing. So that couple in STL are potentially ravaged by another scum bag and his paid for DA. The Karma Wheel is complete.

[I will support their right to protect what they acquired as from all accounts they did it legally.]

10. 2020 July 5 5:30 am

11. 2020 July 5 5:57 am

Its Cuba, but at the rate things are degrading here, well…. — https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cuba-geddon-amid-covid-crisis-havana-tells-citizens-grow-your-own-food-or-starve — Especially when you see this in the next entry — https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/covid-impact-15-billion-pound-potato-mountain-trapped-supply-chain

Learn of alternate food sources. Learn to can and have the tools to do it. Find the local LDS store in your area.
    http://familysurvivors.com/lds-cannery-locations.htm#mormon-cannery-usa [do call ahead, its manned by volunteers and hours may vary] You do not have to be an LDS member to shop there.

12. 2020 July 5 6:07 am

drdog, I am finishing my raised bed garden this week…too late for the growing season here in the foothills, but ready for next year. I can plant some things this year that are already established, but next year all seeds. I also want to plant potatoes next year in columns of wire (some friends did this and got lots of potatoes). We won’t be self sufficient, but should have enough to barter for other goods.

13. 2020 July 5 7:44 am

Good deal. I put together some wicking tubs — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radHBan7-BI&list=TLPQMDUwNzIwMjBVkzaCHBkqhw&index=5 — grow sweet potato and tomato in them. Save a great deal of watering. I use 55gal plastic drums cut in half.

I am curious, how did your friends keep the soil inside the wire?

14. 2020 July 5 8:10 am

PSA:

Probably available in the stores as well. Useful as a prep item as its shelf stable. Less waste than a full can of the same thing. Ran across this over weekend.

15. 2020 July 5 8:17 am

drdog, I haven’t tried it yet, but as I understand it they layered dirt and straw (I think). The potatoes grew sideways out through the wire (the bulk stayed inside, of course). She said she knew to harvest them when the green part started to wither. Again, this was giving me a 3 minute “dissertation”. 🙂

16. 2020 July 5 8:22 am

OP.

Though sympathy is due, where is the effort? By effort, I mean standing your ground like that couple in STL. The BLM is getting a free pass and little if any resistance. The local govt types have little spine till they are personally threatened; re: Seattle mayor.

I am not suggesting standing ground to a 100+ mob. I am suggesting creating your own mob and showing up at the homes of these local Pols. It worked for BLM, it will work for the taxpaying public. Do this often enough and fire a bunch of them via elections as well and they will wise up — Better to put down BLM than face taxpayers in front of my home and the ballot box, they have avenues to my demise.

17. 2020 July 5 8:35 am

If I were a dictator facing a imbalanced population curve with too many old people and not enough young people how could I `bend the curve`? Gas chambers would be one way. Politically it would not be a wise choice. Disease. If I can come up with something that attacks the older generations disproportionately that IS the ticket.

I would suggest to you that CoVid is the perfect vehicle to accomplish that goal. The question to be asked, was that the PRC’s goal at the time? You might say that is horrible. It is but Mao himself led the nation to kill 80M citizens. The proclivity of aims justify the means are deep in the PRC.

18. 2020 July 5 10:30 am

drdog09 #17 –

As the article states, the dishonest media is doing everything to glorify the BLM movement – praising them wherever possible and refusing to report anything negative, including its Marxist roots.

19. 2020 July 5 11:00 am

mpt #21 –

I tried to approve it. So far, no luck. I’ll try again.

20. 2020 July 5 11:02 am

21. 2020 July 5 11:05 am

MPT’s comment:

I’ve changed my login here at BJG to “mpt” to reduce my searchable footprint on social media as I’m still working in the belly of the beast here in Silicon Valley. Over the last 4 years things here have gone from irritating to downright dangerous for anyone even suspected of being to the right Bernie Sanders. I’m at a very small start-up where my position seems pretty secure, but the people I work with are all fairly left-wing and I prefer to keep any potential interactions around politics as minimal as possible. I expect things to become a little more precarious as the election season swings into full gear.

On the personal side my daughter is nearly done with getting two undergraduate degrees from UCSC, and miracle of miracles, she hasn’t turned into a raging lefty. She’s more politically agnostic than anything else, but I’ll take that for a win for now. My son just graduated from high school and is currently going through the enlistment process for the military, which during COVID, has ground to a slow crawl. He has a terrific score on his ASVAB and he’s gone through MEPS, but he’s waiting on a final waiver for a minor health issue before he can be offered a contract. We’re all on pins-and-needles hoping the waiver comes through soon so he can lock down a position and can start basic training this summer.

With our kids leaving the nest soon, my wife and I have begun to consider our escape from California over the next few years. That should be interesting as we are both natives of the SF Bay Area, but have grown to be disgusted with the leftist insanity we see going on around us.

JR: Please handle with Kenny. As Barack would say, anything beyond turning on a computer is “above my pay grade.”

22. 2020 July 5 11:11 am

MPT –

I sent an email to Rand.

23. 2020 July 5 11:15 am

24. 2020 July 5 3:09 pm

8-year old girl shot and killed by burned=out Wendy’s in ATL last night.

25. 2020 July 5 4:17 pm

They have discovered cures fop many diseases, but there’s no cure for stupid:

Prime Minister Löfven said he did not support targets or limiting asylum applications and that Sweden would do its part — but that he expected other European Union member-states to do the same, Swedish newspaper Expressen reports.

I’m going to swallow this cyanide capsule and I want everyone else to swallow one too.

26. 2020 July 5 4:36 pm

27. 2020 July 5 5:08 pm

JR #31 –

With the Boston Tea Party, the colonists hoped to steal slaves from the ship. When they couldn’t find slaves, they were p!ssed and threw tea overboard.

You heard it first here.

28. 2020 July 5 5:14 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

27, my prediction from before is not too far off (so far, I’m sure the weekend is not over LOL)

prev post: “I’ll go with 68 shot, 15 dead”

comment 27’s article title:

29. 2020 July 5 5:20 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

mpt: “still working in the belly of the beast here in Silicon Valley”

We should get in touch at some point 🙂
    I’m fairly newly retired, living in Sunnyvale (when I first came here, I think JR was dubious about Sunnyvale being “NorCal” from his perspective, LOL).

We’ve got one more to go, a 15 year old, we have two out of the nest. My wife is politically agnostic and I’m the “hair on fire” right winger but she’s tougher than me on a lot of social issues. She’ll retire in a few years, probably when the last kid is off to college. I’m trying to figure out if we want to stand and fight, or move away from the high taxes and insanity.

I certainly know what you mean about keeping your head down at work, sigh. So many smart people, so many dumb ideas.

30. 2020 July 5 5:29 pm

I’m sure this won’t surprise anyone. College students asked about Independence Day:

31. 2020 July 5 5:59 pm

Jim and MPT…move to Jefferson, or at least get a retreat up here. Let me know if you want details 🙂

32. 2020 July 5 6:08 pm
    mpt permalink

JimNorCal: I think JR was dubious about Sunnyvale being “NorCal” from his perspective, LOL).

I met Justrand when he lived in the Bay Area so I guess his perspective has changed a bit since then. 🙂

I agree with you regarding not knowing whether to stay and fight or to move on to saner environs. Honestly, I see the Bay Area getting a lot worse before it gets better if it ever does get better. After all, there was a time when Detroit was once referred to as the “Paris of the Midwest” because of the arts, architecture, and high standard of living in that city during the first half of the 20th century. Did the people living there ever once consider reversing the rot they were seeing caused by the Democrat leadership as the city declined in the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, ’00s and ’10s? Sadly, I think the Bay Area will go the same route for the same reasons. Too much arrogance, virtue signaling, and disconnect from historic American culture to ever admit there are some fundamental issues that need to be addressed before the area collapses into small pockets of walled-off oppulance surrounded by a crowded wasteland of spiritual and material poverty.

33. 2020 July 5 6:34 pm

MPT, my “perspective” hasn’t changed a bit 🙂

But I’ve given up on urban and suburban California, and have ensconced myself in the Sierra foothills. A great place and will be the LAST place to fall…and we will sell our lives dearly if it comes to that. 👿

34. 2020 July 5 6:39 pm
    mpt permalink

Justrand, unfortunately, Jefferson seems to be more of a state-of-mind rather than an actual state and is still under Gavin Newsom’s and Sacramento’s thumb. However, perhaps the local community more than offsets the state leadership. My wife and I love the beauty of the Mendocino coastal area, but I suspect that’s still a blue area.

Lately, we have been considering the St. George area of Utah as my wife has family there. We’ll consider this more when we actually finally have an empty nest (my daughter moved back home this week as her final year in UC looks like it may be virtual) and I get closer to retirement.

35. 2020 July 6 5:06 am

“The question to be asked, was that the PRC’s goal at the time? ”

The question was asked back in early February.