Poll: Democrats’ Most Important Issue

2021 February 26

It’s not the economy, jobs or war. It’s not even golden grail issues like saving the world through extreme environmentalism or racism.

You’ll never guess it, so I’ll tell you.

It’s Donald Trump voters.

Those on the left can’t tolerate that there are millions of Americans that not only disagree with them, but are bold enough to exercise their First Amendment right by speaking out and even – gasp – vote for candidates who oppose their worldview.

The priorities of the Democratic Party have always been hard for me to understand, and a recent survey from Echelon Insights once again has me scratching my head wondering how Democrats’ priorities can be so out of wack.

What do you think the Democrats’ number one issue of concern is? Jobs? Poverty? COVID-19? The environment? Health care?

Pfft. You’re not even close. According to Kristen Soltis Anderson, the cofounder of Echelon Insights, Democrat voters’ number one issue is none of those issues. Nor is it police brutality or LGBT issues. In fact, the number one issue for Democrat voters isn’t even a public policy issue at all. Democrat voters are more concerned about “Donald Trump’s supporters” than anything else.

I kid you not. According to their survey, a stunning 82 percent of Democratic voters are Extremely/Very Concerned about “Donald Trump’s supporters.”

What does this mean? What can we assume from this?

The answer is obvious. Democrats are less concerned about policy issues than they are about people with whom they disagree politically. To them, Trump supporters are more dangerous than Islamic terrorists, a more pressing issue than gun violence, and even more important than issues that affect their various constituencies, like discrimination against LGBT Americans, sexism, student debt, alleged voter suppression, etc.

To these voters, Trump supporters are a bigger issue than all of those and more. Imagine being a store owner minding your own business and thinking that the Democrat voters around you think you are a bigger issue facing this country than anything else, even more than the issues that directly affect their own families.

What about Republican voters? Well, they are actually concerned about real issues. Their number one issue is illegal immigration, followed by a lack of support for police and high taxes

Image
Read more:
Hat tip: Matt Margolis @ pjmedia.com
  1. 2021 February 26 7:17 pm

Donald Trump will address CPAC at 3:40 Sunday. We’ll have an open thread beginning around 3:20 with viewing options … unless you prefer to watch the NBA or a women’s college basketball game.

2. 2021 February 26 7:25 pm

3. 2021 February 26 7:43 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

4. 2021 February 26 7:58 pm

A fantastic Celente rant — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QNPNWTToRc

5. 2021 February 26 8:04 pm

BC,

Let me explain that poll to you with an analogy.

When the Red Russians took over the country who were they most concerned about? The Romanov’s? Nope. They were concerned with the White Russians. The Romanov’s were not offed till months later when the Reds knew they had most of the critical infrastructure under their control.

The Dims perceive that they have control of the levers of power and the only thing that will upset their plans are Trump People. The GOP is no threat to them but Trump People are.

Simple.

6. 2021 February 26 8:11 pm

Something worth knowing I think. There are roughly 6m Russians in this country believe it or not. Approximately half are naturalized, aka they can vote. Thanks to my wife I know several hundred.

What do you think the odds are they voted for Biden*? Would you believe 0.01%? Usually the first topic that comes up at a meeting is ‘Trump is running in ’24 right?’ Rabid anti Biden*

7. 2021 February 26 8:34 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Chinese people are not as solid as Russians but plenty are aware of what’s going on. A growing number.

8. 2021 February 26 9:03 pm

bc3b – they are no different then what they were 30 years ago – just more open about WANTING YOU DEAD.

9. 2021 February 26 9:56 pm
    mpt permalink

JimNorCal many of the Chinese people I know are leftist and buy into the SJW garbage. Not sure why that is because they are very competent business people. I think it may be because there is still some benefit to being viewed as a minority in our society.

10. 2021 February 26 11:29 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Yes the Chinese paradigm in my experience has been that they do not oppose oppressors.
    Not directly.
    Instead, they obey the letter of the law and actively look for loopholes. And they’re not averse to bending the rules if odds favor not getting caught.
    I assume this has a basis in being ruled by corrupt but powerful warlords for centuries? But who knows.

Now I’ve met a number of Chinese who are (reluctantly?) standing up.
    Some fled here from Red China and have family knowledge of famines and Cultural Revolution.
    Some are parents appalled at deviant sex being taught in elementary schools. Also the in-your-face discrimination against Asians in college admissions. I wouldn’t say it’s a majority but the the tide is shifting. In this past election I attended rallies, was an election observer, etc. I am pleasantly surprised to find many dedicated and patriotic Chinese participating.

11. 2021 February 27 5:53 am

Hmmmmm

“ Read the books they want to censor.”

Maybe new plan for my next book to read

12. 2021 February 27 5:56 am
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

“ REPORT: House Passes ‘Equality Act’ to End Legal Recognition of Biological Sex..”

13. 2021 February 27 6:05 am

14. 2021 February 27 6:17 am

For PRP,

15. 2021 February 27 6:28 am
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Peter theil did the intro chapter to sovereign individual i see on newest versions so ya that’s what ill be reading soon.

16. 2021 February 27 6:31 am

George Papadopoulos
    @GeorgePapa19
    Feb 25
    Syria got bombed quicker than you got your $2,000 checks

17. 2021 February 27 6:57 am
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Well just look at whose in joe’s cabinet and we knew they wanted to bomb syria and iran.

18. 2021 February 27 7:16 am

19. 2021 February 27 7:28 am

A wonderful essay / open letter…long but well worth reading. I would probably disagree with this lady on most topics, but we could have a spirited debate about them without her labeling me.

This quote is not from the essay, but perfectly captures what the Left really does expect:
    Never forget that you have every right to question any individual , system , movement or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them” – Africa Brooke

20. 2021 February 27 7:59 am

Looking at the Democrat List, the NON-surprising thing is that NONE of their concerns are real. Not one. Every item on the list is a Boogieman created by media/Democrat cabal.

And every issue on the Republican list is in fact a REAL concern.

The top two on the Dem list really say it all. “Trump supporters” and “White Nationalism”??? Really?

21. 2021 February 27 8:11 am

So everything >50% on dem poll are basically imaginary things. Why am I not surprised.

8 – Bingo.

22. 2021 February 27 8:57 am

Monday is March 1 and still no State of the Union speech scheduled. This could be why:

When the Democrats force Biden to resign, Kamala Harris better hire a food tester. Nancy Pelosi would kill to become Gerald Ford II.

23. 2021 February 27 9:05 am

When Biden bombed Syria, he became Liz Cheney’s type of president.

24. 2021 February 27 9:18 am

Tether FUD finally destroyed

nouriel roubini Now out of anTi-BTC talking points for when he is on cnbc

25. 2021 February 27 10:34 am

BC, 23,

Compare what you linked to, to this from 1992 — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZlzhULrJC0 — Stutter my a$$.

26. 2021 February 27 10:34 am
    Eph permalink

23 BC,

Ouch! But still nobody really cares.

27. 2021 February 27 10:43 am

My measure of BTC is the following:

The USD is fiat currency.
    The BTC is a fiat derivative inversely pegged to the fiat USD.

The more USD printed the higher BTC goes. The only thing I don’t think has been determined is what is the counter party agent? Most fiats have one. Typically for USD it has been measured against gold. So is BTC measured against USD? If so, should the Fed do another money tightening (yeah right) would BTC shrink in price?

Just some musings.

28. 2021 February 27 11:00 am
    mpt permalink

In my 56 years of living, I have yet to meet a single person that identifies as a White Nationalist. Where are these people hiding?

29. 2021 February 27 11:14 am

mpt,

You’re white right? By definition, per the Left, you are a White Nationalist. Your skin color is your ‘uniform’.

What the Progs don’t recognize is push too hard and it can work the other way as well. Rule 303. Which I hope those on the Right recognize can have some issues. I know Hispanics and Vietnamese that would consider me a Lib they are so far right.

30. 2021 February 27 11:17 am
    JimNorCal permalink

15, LOL, that one cracked me up too. I mean, actually it’s pretty true.

Tried to create a BlockFi acct today. It failed but the process didn’t give much help explaining why it was not happy (this was just the email/set-a-passwd step). However, you can submit a ticket and I got an automatic response already–ticket created and assigned to a human. In this day and age, that’s pretty astonishing.

31. 2021 February 27 11:56 am
    Eph permalink

Jim,

Does “Les White” ID as white???

32. 2021 February 27 12:13 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

I actually have a blockfi account created, but nothing on it yet idk. I may put a bit of bitcoin on it just for fun, but I don’t like the idea of counter party risk either (the problem with coinbase)

Like I said I’m moving most of my bitcoin slowly from coinbase to exodus a private wallet for my phone and laptop, and from there I plan to move some of it to cold storage in a second wallet I have. To the extent coinbase logs stuff they only log it to the first wallet.

I don’t like moving large amounts at a time because if anything is entered wrong it could potentially be lost if I do anything wrong.

I also know blockfi has a credit card where it gives you bitcoin as reward onto your blockfi account.

33. 2021 February 27 12:15 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

I may actually create two cold storage wallets.

34. 2021 February 27 1:16 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

PRP yes the credit card has “Bitcoin-back” instead of cash-back.
    But the annual fee is $200

35. 2021 February 27 1:20 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Interesting that a lot of people who are paying taxes reliably every year aren’t qualifying for the newest round of stimmy checks but all illegal immigrants are qualifying for them.

36. 2021 February 27 1:28 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

I listened to an interview of Larry Summers (worked for Obama and Clinton) a few months ago and he wanted of the dems overheating the economy. Progressives were enraged and wanted him out.

He’s actually a bit of an oracle on the issue. I heard tail end of him speaking on bloomberg this am, and he was saying about same thing. The bond market is sniffing all of this out having disorderly rises. We rose to 1.5% in 8 days, which as per walstreet most of the big banks expected it to take an entire year to rise that much.

37. 2021 February 27 2:18 pm

29 – like literally 1:1,000,000 ,if that, but you know….it’s a CRISIS!!!

38. 2021 February 27 2:26 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

The more rare white supremacy is, the louder and more persistent the Prog focus.
    Similarly back when Blacks were dealing with Jim Crow and widespread prejudice (but families were intact) Blacks made strong consistent gains. Once widespread welfare kicked in, Blacks split. Some rose but plenty of others fell back.

39. 2021 February 27 2:34 pm

40. 2021 February 27 2:39 pm

PRP, 36,

More interesting that the IRS knows where to send the stimmy checks but the DHS says they can’t find any of them. 🙁 Something tells me some cabinet officials need to talk.

41. 2021 February 27 2:51 pm

How about a feel good story — https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/mid-south/i-hope-i-make-it-7-year-old-alabama-girl-selling-lemonade-to-fund-her-brain-surgeries/ — A fundraiser raised $160k, they were only asking for $75k to pay for the surgeries. We’re a damn generous nation when the cause is just.

42. 2021 February 27 3:19 pm

41 – True dat.
    42 – Finally a feel-good story for the week. 🙂

43. 2021 February 27 4:04 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Israel fights tonight. I find him fun to watch

44. 2021 February 27 4:05 pm

o nm that’s March 6th

45. 2021 February 27 4:06 pm

one of the last sentences had me laughing…

“This bears all the signs of a budding political marriage: Trump backs the Republicans in 2022, the Republicans back Trump in 2024.”

Don’t hold your breath, more likely they’ll use him in 2022 and then stab him ever which way there after just as they did the last 5 years.

46. 2021 February 27 4:07 pm
    Eph permalink

A grand total of ZERO House GOPeee vote for Shitmulus 3.

Where was this “unity” during Trump ????

LMAO!

47. 2021 February 27 4:08 pm
    Eph permalink

46 Complete garbage.

48. 2021 February 27 5:04 pm

Well, mpt, since nobody told you, I will.

I-D-A-H-O

But, I heard recently that there is an enclave in the Bay Area. Know anything about it?

49. 2021 February 27 5:25 pm
    mpt permalink

I-D-A-H-O

Ah yes, an infamous wretched hive of scum and villainy. If we fenced off Idaho from the rest of the country the violence in Chicago would instantly evaporate.

Wouldn’t know anything about it. Is there a secret handshake or something that I’m missing?

50. 2021 February 27 5:29 pm
    mpt permalink

I honestly don’t understand how Trump doesn’t go full nuclear on the GOP. He has a lot for tolerance in him than I would for treachery and betrayal.