Med Debt

2022 March 18
by drdog09

… Or “The Lawyers are Coming, The Lawyers are Coming!”

Some of the largest credit reporting agencies are going to be removing “tens of billions of dollars” in medical debt from consumers’ credit reports, according to a new report from the Wall Street Journal. The change is expected to take place this summer, with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion all participating. About 70% of all medical debt is expected to be removed from credit reports, even debts in collections, as a result of the change. The agencies said: “This is an important step to support consumers in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. These changes reflect our ongoing commitment to helping facilitate access to fair and affordable credit for all consumers.”

Source

Uh Huh … And I have a couple of slightly used towers in NYC for sale.

Look at the players – Federal Government, Insurance Companies, Medical Complex and Credit Agencies. Does any one of them let alone all four of them inspire any confidence as to their willingness to ‘do the right thing’ for the consumer? Thought so. Over a decade ago I was laid up in the hospital. Was there for three weeks. Discharged, I received the billing in the mail. Damn near put me back in the hospital for sticker shock. Well I started doing some digging. Doctors I never met. Prescriptions I never received. Lab procedures duplicated in error. It was quite a list and when I was done, well I was never quite done, I had shaved nearly 20% off the bill. Guess who fought me the most? Yep, the Insurance company! I was actually saving them charges and they delivered nary a thank you for my efforts.

Bottom line is this – the vast majority of the invoicing is in error.

So why the rush to purge medical collections? Well as far as I am concerned its a head’em-off-at-the-pass move. The Medical Complex knows they are screwing up. The Insurance Companies know they are complicit in the fraud, yes fraud. The Credit Agencies know that they will be the first to take the hit as the lawsuits go up the river of counter suits to the next guilty party in the chain of events. So rather than make the lawyers filthy rich, lets all collude with the consent of the government to make it look all altruistic and such. “Look we are doing you a favor.” Yeah well only because you have to or the legal costs will be double the value of the write-off.

It is amazing how much cover Covid is providing to all sort of ne’er-do-wells eh? As the song says – Welcome to the USSA!

1. 2022 March 18 5:59 pm

When 80% of medical invoicing is in error best always go over that sucker with a fine tooth comb and question everything.

2. 2022 March 18 6:06 pm

3. 2022 March 19 6:22 am

my wife is on a new medication that is SUPPOSED to cost us $1,000 every 3 months…and yes we have Medicare and supplemental insurance. Ah, but when he prescribed it the doctor gave her a “coupon” lowering the price to TEN dollars every three months. Huh? The drug company bills Medicare the FULL price…and they pay it.

so the drug company jacks the price up 100% (or more), then gives us a coupon making it essentially FREE…but gets their inflated price from the government!

one small example…and there are millions of stories just like ours

4. 2022 March 19 8:46 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Lots of presidents “weighed in” when Trump was in office.
    But Trump’s point is valid too … and she knows it! 18 secs

5. 2022 March 19 9:01 am

JimNorCal #5 –

Her expression is priceless.

6. 2022 March 19 9:09 am

Vax to work the polls or I bet by the time implemented even observe..
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/just-tucson-arizona-will-require-2022-election-workers-vaccinated/ (notice tgp is back using disqus again)

What’s a 100 billion among friends…

7. 2022 March 19 9:10 am

I almost never link tw directly.. but this video from a year or two ago back is telling af.

8. 2022 March 19 9:13 am

Biden on friday re-opens federal lands permits for drilling…….
    What the media didn’t tell you is each permit now costs 7x more than what did under Trump due to biden, mostly negating the whole fucking point of it.

9. 2022 March 19 10:41 am

That’s why Americans suck at Empire. We don’t want to get our hands dirty and we would rather not do what the Brits did, run the trains on time. The only difference between us and China is we eventually leave. I don’t think the Chinese have that in mind.

10. 2022 March 19 10:42 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Suddenly Dems are in favor of guns and patriotism … just not in America.
    I haven’t read the article, just the phrase below.

They would much rather shout “Slava Ukraini” than “God Bless America.”

11. 2022 March 19 10:47 am
    JimNorCal permalink

7, I was literally recruited by our Registrar of Voters.
    I worked the 2020 election when so many other old retirees dropped out from fear of Covid. So my name was in their database.
    I got multiple emails from multiple employees. I filled out the application forms and they were asking me to confirm that I could show up for training on certain days in March when I let it be known I was unvaxxed.
    Delay in the email stream … then one email with a link to the County’s Legal Dept. Legal said “if you get an offer” then I could submit a form to ask for an exemption. So I asked RoV if I was going to be given an offer.
    Radio silence since them despite multiple emails.

12. 2022 March 19 10:49 am
    JimNorCal permalink

7, in CA there is no mention in state law of observers needing to be vaxxed. Won’t stop them from trying but any competent legal challenge will demolish them in CA.

13. 2022 March 19 11:32 am
    JimNorCal permalink

From a week ago.
    Even if GOP(e) does well in the mid-terms, will it amount to anything?

Republican Rep. Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma defended the anonymous Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt on Jan. 6 during a weekend conversation with C-SPAN.
    …..
    Mullin apparently not only knows the identity of the officer who killed Babbitt, but he told C-SPAN he actually hugged him immediately following the fatal shooting.

And this:
    The congressman vowed during his first campaign to serve only three terms, The Oklahoman reported. That was in 2012, when Mullin was still an outsider ready to defend conservative values in the House.

He is currently serving his fifth term in office — and it’s clear what the swamp has done to him.

14. 2022 March 19 11:51 am
    JimNorCal permalink

An oldie … and one a couple of days late ….

15. 2022 March 19 5:30 pm

No boating accidents with a couple of these in the garage — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc–WTsRsO0 — 🙂

16. 2022 March 19 6:44 pm

“Spain’s already struggling economy is in a bind after an indefinite strike by truck drivers has brought a number of key industries to a halt. Called by the Platform for the Defense of Road Transport of Merchandise, the strike began on Monday and is being followed by an estimated 85% of smaller truck companies and self-employed truckers. They are protesting surging fuel prices, unfair competition by larger companies and poor working conditions. …”

17. 2022 March 19 6:44 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

President of Syria visits an Arab nation for the first time in over a decade.
    Part of the unraveling of trust in America?

18. 2022 March 19 9:18 pm

drdog – #16 – How many Gallons to the Mile?

19. 2022 March 20 5:14 am

GN,

Rumor is UA gives a free tank of diesel with each RU supply truck destroyed.

20. 2022 March 20 7:32 am
    JimNorCal permalink

21. 2022 March 20 7:43 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Chatter about Biden* being replaced

Kamala Harris is more of a problem. She is at least as appallingly incompetent as her boss, and no less challenged rhetorically, as her alarming performance in Poland and Romania a week or two back demonstrated. But Harris will not be as easy to shift as was Agnew. I have heard nothing about actual bribery, and acting as the warm bun for Willie Brown’s bratwurst may be in dubious taste but is not actionable.

But Biden’s—and Harris’—polls continue to crater, with 60 percent of respondents disapproving of the job Biden is doing, and 50 percent “strongly” disapproving. It’s the worst showing yet, and many commentators are rubbing salt into the wound by stressing the adverb: We’ve been traveling down this road for months, they say, and so far every “worst yet” turns out to be tomorrow’s “hold my beer” moment.

22. 2022 March 20 9:28 am
    JimNorCal permalink

23. 2022 March 20 11:20 pm

22 – USDeepstate: “Ship them both to poland…have them whacked…blame putin, nuke moscow, move in and take everything west of the urals china gets everything west, profit. ” -eezeepeeze /s