$44Bn and Worth Every Dime

2022 December 3
by drdog09

Surely you have heard of the Twitter Files by now. Well Greenwald piles on to Taibbi’s missive pointing out the hyena pack of the MSM in the whole affair:

In another century what Musk has done would have him on the cover of Time as ‘Man of the Year’. Alas these are not those times. But there is more.

Several of the former C-Suite types at Twitter swore under oath to the FEC that there was no direct involvement with the government in censorship of knowledge of various events leading up to the 2020 election. The MSM is now gas lighting in attempting to cover their own involvement. Finally James Woods is going to sue the DNC either as an individual or as a class action in what appears to be a defamation case.

1. 2022 December 4 4:29 am
    JimNorCal permalink

“You’ll see how these liberal media employees operate as a hive mind, an in-group pack, reciting the same phrases on cue.”

Friday Twitter:

David Folkenflik@davidfolkenflik
    Journalism twitter is rough today.
    Serious cuts at NPR… threat of walkout at NYT… and people announcing their own layoffs at CNN and Gannett.
    Be good to yourselves and each other, people.

Stephen L. Miller@redsteeze·
    Take. A. Hint.

2. 2022 December 4 5:06 am

Not to pour on the wound, Jim, but I would add — Learn to Code.

3. 2022 December 4 7:03 am

I hope Musk has even more ammo in the Twitter files…and i believe he does.

I’m actually going to back on Twitter now 🙂

4. 2022 December 4 7:24 am
    JimNorCal permalink

I created an acct on Twitter.
    Not very active but I hope you’ll connect.

5. 2022 December 4 8:19 am

3 – Probably, but he’ll not use most of it, and he’s already doing his best to cover for jack (still a current investor\owner as I recall), what’s going on is what the kiddies would call a limited hangout, nothing more, imho anyway. I remain very skeptical about agent-E as I call him.

6. 2022 December 4 9:15 am

7. 2022 December 4 9:58 am

5, agree entirely.
    He’s a smart guy. His instincts are mostly OK. But he is on Elon’s side not on our side. An ally at times but not a Deplorable, I’d say.

8. 2022 December 4 10:26 am

Elon is for Elon. But when his interests fit in ours, take the win.

9. 2022 December 4 2:16 pm

The Ultimate Karen — https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/ducks-decoys-feeding — Attempts to feed duck decoys….

10. 2022 December 4 3:57 pm

Christine McVie, 79, RIP, keyboardist and vocals, Fleetwood Mac

11. 2022 December 4 7:01 pm
    mpt permalink

Sad about Christine McVie. Damn I feel old.

Elon is indeed for Elon, but he is seriously jeopardizing his accomplishments with Tesla and SpaceX by taking on Leftists via his acquisition of Twitter. That’s a lot more than I can say about virtually all other billionaires.

12. 2022 December 4 7:07 pm
    mpt permalink

Speaking of Musk, it looks like he’s going after some serious DoD dollars to fund his Mars ambitions.

SpaceX Starshield – Supporting National Security

13. 2022 December 4 8:08 pm

12 – Most his dollars post PP are from dod\gov\taxpayer dollars.

14. 2022 December 4 9:20 pm
    mpt permalink

KH, with regards to SpaceX, it wouldn’t have survived in the early days without substantial funding from NASA as one of two commercial resupply vendors. Fortunately, that was a gamble by NASA that has paid off in a major way. Since then SpaceX has captured for the US about 80% of the global commercial market for rocket launches after the US had wholly ceded that market to foreign competitors in the decades prior to 2010. SpaceX is so far out in front in terms of tech and costs that it is hard to conceive of anyone catching up to them for the foreseeable future.

Tesla is a mixed bag. It did receive loans from the Obama administration back in the late 2000s, but unlike many of its peers (ie. Solyndra), it actually paid those loans back. The company, like other EV companies, has received subsidies in the past. However, Tesla is now excluded from many subsidy programs out of DC presumably because Musk doesn’t play nice with the DNC as many other auto companies and unions do. Despite this, Tesla is the only US auto company that continues to grow while the others are shrinking.

15. 2022 December 5 3:59 am

14 – your forgetting the subsidies\tax credit angles as well for the longest when it comes to tesla, and now after finally going away, seemingly reintro’d in the “inflation” reduction act. Point is so much of his 3 main company revenues are derived\pumped-up from gov, thus he’s gov managed imho when push comes to shove.

8 – I don’t see it as much of a win (he’s already showing he’s not serious with tw imho), but I do find the saga moderately entertaining. 🙂

16. 2022 December 5 4:55 am

So Alex Jones is right again — https://comeandmakeit.blogspot.com/2022/12/you-will-be-trapped-in-your-area-and.html — Prison Planet is real. (or at least desired…)

17. 2022 December 5 5:32 am

18. 2022 December 5 7:39 am

16, related
    Some of these stories are so bizarre you wonder if they are spoofs to discredit dissidents
    Do consider reading this one though. Seems legit.

Oxfordshire County Council Pass Climate Lockdown ‘trial’ to Begin in 2024
    Oxfordshire County Council yesterday approved plans to lock residents into one of six zones to ‘save the planet’ from global warming. The latest stage in the ’15 minute city’ agenda is to place electronic gates on key roads in and out of the city, confining residents to their own neighbourhoods.

Under the new scheme if residents want to leave their zone they will need permission from the Council who gets to decide who is worthy of freedom and who isn’t.

19. 2022 December 5 10:31 am

Drip. Drip. Drip

American Airlines is closing its San Francisco crew base and asking 400 flight attendants to leave California or leave the airline
    Little by little San Fran is collapsing. Big Tech firms are closing down and moving to other States. Restaurants are closing down. Now we have American Airlines moving 400 jobs out of San Fran.
    “”Today it’s with great regret that I let you know about our decision to close the SFO flight attendant base,” American Airlines executive Brady Byrnes said in the September memo obtained by Insider.

20. 2022 December 5 1:04 pm

Interesting site.
    Russian fossil fuel tracker.

21. 2022 December 6 3:18 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

22, yeah it’s super odd. On any number of issues the elites just wave their hands and say they have solutions … but it’s pretty trivially obvious that those solutions are severely lacking.
    Yet the Repubs and the Media don’t question things much at all.

When people talk about “Authoritarian Regimes” I used to think … North Korea, Iran, … But nowadays, my first thought is New Zealand, Australia, Europe and yes America.

22. 2022 December 6 3:23 pm

Its starting to get frisky out there — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zSl8T86Izg — Tim house shot up.

23. 2022 December 6 3:26 pm

I tend to ask define ‘battery’. In a sense a dam is a battery, with all the water held back as an energy source. There are gravity batteries, sand batteries, wave batteries. But if we are going to depend on lithium alone, it ain’t happening.

24. 2022 December 6 3:28 pm

Good interview with Professor Happer — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGn-6kGoD0c — Climate ‘science’ is a suicide pact.

25. 2022 December 6 5:30 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

26, funny! I happen to be half way through that one.

26. 2022 December 6 8:36 pm
    PresidentRonPaul! permalink

Trump dumped another senate race tonight.

+1 for Schumer again.

No one is ever going to trust this guy again when he’s doing this dumb shit.

27. 2022 December 6 8:45 pm
    PresidentRonPaul! permalink

I kind of think Trump’s only chance to win the nomination now (against DeSantis) would be if Liz Cheney, Jeb Bush and John Bolton all teamed up to demand that everyone vote DeSantis to scare everyone back to Trump.

28. 2022 December 6 8:45 pm
    PresidentRonPaul! permalink

Basically hope that all the undesirables team up around DeSantis and then everyone would be like fu^& this thing.

29. 2022 December 6 9:16 pm

Here’s another viewpoint:
    Vicki McKenna @VickiMcKenna
    Getting sick of hearing GOP types lament that Hershel Walker is the worst candidate ever drafted. Funny that Dems can WIN with actual idiots like Biden, Federman, Sheila Jackson Lee, Gwen Moore, Cori Bush & Maxine Waters. Maybe @GOP just has no clue how to win close elections?

Personally, I voted for W, twice.
    I voted for traitor McCain.
    I voted for Mitt.
    Now it’s time for RINOs to suck it up, stop wringing their hands, untwist their panties, stop apologizing to the NY Times and just unapologetically stand up for Trump.

30. 2022 December 7 3:41 am

Trump had nothing to do with why walker just lost, again, GOPe here in GA and nationally does, as does the nature of GA population itself, if anything staying away from it like gope wanted DT to do, and which he did. Instead they ship hated people like Lucy into the state, probably cost Walker more than it helped, just like they wanted. #28 sounds like just more of the usual tds on display.

Take me a GA resident, I didn’t vote for Walker today even thinking it would be at least be close and my vote might matter if he was going to win at all. Which I doubted anyway because there was no real interest in winning this seat from the party, been that way all year, and nothing changed for the run off in that regard in my view, actually nothings changed here since 2020 for that matter. Since that ‘victory’ wouldn’t mean shit to me with all the same usual suspects in the GOPe not just already due to stick around, but not even having the good sense to delay some of their lame duck shenanigans till the runoff was over, I chose to shrug. How many others are shrugging here? Idk but I doubt I’m that unique.

Why should I bother, participate or not participate either way it’s a loss, either I get shot in the face, or stabbed in the back… so fuck it why bother, just biding time till the shooting starts anyway. It’s not the D’s that have worn me down to this point again, it’s the feckless and unseriousness R’s, or better put the lack of alternative option to uniparty, let alone one that shows any vigor.

The uniparty hates me, they constantly go out of their way to tell me all the different ways they hate me and will fuck me and the nation over every chance they get, they don’t even attempt to hide it like they used to in the past, but then they at the same time ask for my support? No thanks.

On the up side all the fucking unsolicited messages to my phone will stop tomorrow hopefully ….I really want to strangle the people who send this spam no matter who they represent.

/mini rant off

31. 2022 December 7 4:00 am

25 – Yup, not enough of it on the planet, let alone in economically extract-able form for all their future “plans” combined, which go beyond just what is discussed there. Short of many significant advances in materials science (or escaping our gravity well to go realistically mine off-planet, which is still sci-fi for at least the rest of my lifetime), which don’t exist yet in the lab let alone outside of it, it’s all just an expensive fantasy (aka scam) – but yet they keep pushing it full speed ahead with near term mandates and deadline dates that just flat out ignore reality, creating more problems and driving up costs to all, hurting the surfs the most. There’s also joke aspect that any of it all is some how net environmentally more friendly.

32. 2022 December 7 4:17 am

PRP,

Simple fact of the matter Sir, is that Trump is the only candidate that can garner 70m votes for the GOP. Period. Full Stop. No one, not even DeSantis, can beat him in a primary. How do I know this? Because the Democrats know this. That is why they are attempting to apply lawfare to disqualify Trump from running again.

Regardless of what you think of the man, the content just provided are the facts of the moment. Live with it.

33. 2022 December 7 4:31 am

“…we found systemic failures and egregious poor decision making,” [re: Uvalde Commission]

That was by DESIGN, so that no one could be blamed. The fact is the malice was created long before the failure appeared. The malice started in a conference room somewhere far removed from ‘the front’. The failures show up and thanks to time and distance the conferenees have long since been rewarded and moved on to future greater failures. That is what most people miss.

Yours truly. And I find it applies to more than I care to relate. But the current disclosures by Musk are another example of outcomes following the model.

34. 2022 December 7 4:42 am

35. 2022 December 7 4:45 am

36. 2022 December 7 5:08 am

Musk bought a twofer, a company and a crime scene — https://www.zerohedge.com/political/musk-fires-twitters-fbi-russiagate-twitter-lawyer-over-vetting-debacle — More discovery, a shoe drops, and Baker is shown the door.

37. 2022 December 7 5:59 am

38 – That Baker was allowed to remain more than a few days after EM’s taker over is more interesting\surprising\curious to me than Baker doing well….what Baker does. It’s not like EM didn’t know he was a turd, having called out the turd himself earlier in the year, let alone what’s already been public for years about baker before and after he technically left the FIBs. So there must have been some reason he didn’t ship him out along with the rest in the first batch of firings, or the second, or the third.

38. 2022 December 7 6:03 am

KH,

I can only offer that Musk has experienced the wisdom that lawyers are expensive and Baker’s type of lawyering doubly so. He had to bide his time to find something to hang Banker with. Its the only thing that makes sense.

39. 2022 December 7 6:53 am

Seen on the Internet:

Today’s NYT would side with the Japanese.

40. 2022 December 7 6:56 am
    JimNorCal permalink

32, I hear you. Divisions are deep.

37, great meme. New to me. Puts it in perspective

41. 2022 December 7 7:03 am

I like to think that Musk knew Baker was dirty…but wanted to make the story even bigger by letting Baker try to hide the evidence.

We’ll see.

42. 2022 December 7 7:33 am

40 – It’s probably not the ‘only’ thing, but it is one of the possible things.
    41 – Yup, not like we didn’t do a bunch to provoke it, japs just took the bait.

43. 2022 December 7 10:19 am
    JimNorCal permalink

If you watched the “Died Suddenly” vid that drdog posted a while back, this is useful.
    Turns out the Peak Prosperity guy trained as a pathologist and has good working knowledge of autopsies and so on.
    He debunks a weak “fact check” done by Politifact against Died Suddenly.
    I learned a ton.

44. 2022 December 7 11:17 am

“37, great meme. New to me. Puts it in perspective”

The idea is enshrined in the USC —

“To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;” — Art I, Sec 8.

Congress had no navy at the start. So they enlisted privateers, aka private shipowners to mount guns and go after enemy ships.