Glenn Beck Interviews David Horowitz:
How Radicals Operate and Achieve Their Agenda

2009 September 4
by INC

“…but it’s becoming increasingly dangerous with these people.  You have to take them at their word.”

In describing Van Jones and similar radicals:

Horowitz: “They are still thinking to overthrow the system and to create a socialistic future.”

Beck: “Do you think the President of the United States, Barack Obama, has that agenda?”

Horowitz: “Absolutely. I have no doubt about it.”

On whether Obama has put his past associations behind him:

“You can always tell when a radical has changed. They tell you they’ve changed and they understand what is wrong with the radicals. And what’s wrong with the Left is its agenda.  What it actually does.  Not what it says, but what it does.”

When Glenn Beck asked if anyone had thought about what the country would look like after four years of these policies:

“When you’re a radical, what you’re thinking of is power. It’s about power. You adopt this position or you take up that issue, but it’s all to advance the power. They never think about what it’s going to look like or how to put it together. I can tell you a radical never spends five seconds on thinking what makes a society works.”

Many of the things discussed in the interview have been discussed and mentioned here in posts tagged Extension of Power, including An Extension of Power, A Mandate Misread Or Merely Immaterial?, David Horowitz On Saul Alinsky and The Obama White House: Alinsky Reprise.

NewsReal Blog, in Horowitz Exposes Leftist Agenda on Glenn Beck, has YouTube videos posted.  The first one includes the part of the program preceding the interview.  Horowitz did mention the Tea Parties and Sarah Palin, but I haven’t been able to find that portion of the interview online.

UPDATE: Part two of the interview in now posted at Glenn Beck Interviews David Horowitz: The Democrats’ Achilles Heel.

__________
H/T: Glenn Beck/FOX News, NewsReal Blog.

1. 2009 September 4 5:56 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Exactly as I said in my first post of the series “How did we get to this state”.

They will stop at nothing to gain this power and are as close as they ever have been to achieving that goal. If enough of us raise enough hell, they will be as close as they will ever get and not achieve their goals.

How are you doing, healthwise?

2. 2009 September 4 6:19 pm
    INC permalink

Hey, RP, thanks for asking. I came home last night. I went to see my family doctor today and talk with him. I did ask him about some of the problems mentioned by ip, phineas gage and Dr. D. He said he doesn’t think I have any of those problems. They did do a sonogram in the hospital.

He had more blood work done to check out my minerals and a few other things which were out of kilter in some of the hospital results (potassium, slightly anemic). An esophageal spasm is another possibility we discussed. He’s an excellent doc and I do trust him.

3. 2009 September 4 6:23 pm

INC – from what I have heard, almost all women are deficient in potassium. And that includes those who eat bananas and take vitamins and minerals with potassium. From what my wife has told me, very little of what we eat has potassium in it.

Good to see you back and hope you are feeling better.

4. 2009 September 4 6:26 pm
    INC permalink

Thanks, gnqanq. I didn’t know that about women and potassium.

I’m still tired and catching up on the sleep I lost in the hospital! 😀

5. 2009 September 4 6:31 pm
    INC permalink

RP, I think you are right about their agenda. We have to keep pushing. They’ve backtracked in some things, and I think Obama is putting his “hopes” on health care for power. This is the lynch pin.

6. 2009 September 4 6:49 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, there is a very simple message here, and no one is remembering it. Shameful, really.

7. 2009 September 4 6:53 pm
    INC permalink

RWY, in the clip I can’t find of Horowitz talking about Palin, he says something to the effect that she nailed Obama and the Left. (I don’t think I imagined it, but perhaps I did!!!).

Of course, anyone who can nail Obama and the Alinsky Left is clearly unfit for national office!!!

8. 2009 September 4 6:58 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I heard that, and agree with the conclusion of course. But I am quite sure I heard David actually say that “David Frum is a clever jet” as well.

So in reality, this is enormously bad for Sarah, and she should have known better than to speak out of her ignorance.

Obviously. I mean, even Ricky Hollywood know this.

9. 2009 September 4 6:59 pm
    INC permalink

“David Frum is a clever jet” Ick–I missed that!

10. 2009 September 4 6:59 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

kidding, everyone. It’s a tip of the hat to our dearly departed lunatic and Palin basher.

you know who.

11. 2009 September 4 7:00 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

yes. Please pay attention, I think he said it, signed it for the deaf, repeated in Spanish, and gang-signaled it as well.

Clearly.

12. 2009 September 4 7:03 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

RWY. No fooling when concerning Palin. She is my hero!!!

😀

13. 2009 September 4 7:04 pm
    INC permalink

You had me on that one! I thought I’d missed it in the crosstalk or something!

14. 2009 September 4 7:06 pm

INC,

I am actually glad your doc is discounting DVT or pulmonary issues. That is extremely good news.

By the way excellent coverage of the Beck/Horowitz piece. Wish Fox would do a 2hr sitdown between those two. Horowitz could lay out exactly what he expects beyond the 10min he had.

15. 2009 September 4 7:06 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

RWY. No fooling when concerning Palin. She is my hero!!!”

You’re not understanding the real meaning of every post on this site. Look beneath the suuuurrrrrffaaaaacccee.

16. 2009 September 4 7:06 pm

Who is this Palin you speak of?

17. 2009 September 4 7:08 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Horo knows exactly what Obama is, because he was one himself.

He agrees with those of us who say Obama does not care if the economy melts, or the country along with it.

Barack thinks he wins if that happens. I disagree.

18. 2009 September 4 7:09 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Who is this Palin you speak of?

Some woman from up North somewhere, who never did or said anything. Obviously.

19. 2009 September 4 7:10 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

I think I heard him praise Palin as well. He said she scares the hell out of the left and they hate her.

Should Palin win the presidency, she would then acieve my lifelong goal:”Piss off a liberal every day”

20. 2009 September 4 7:11 pm
    INC permalink

Thanks, Dr. D.!

I agree. I was disappointed the interview was so short. Those two together could roll up the entire administration in two hours!

21. 2009 September 4 7:13 pm
    INC permalink

RWY, I was glad that DH brought that home when he said: “They never think about what it’s going to look like or how to put it together. I can tell you a radical never spends five seconds on thinking what makes a society works.”

22. 2009 September 4 7:13 pm

Oh for Pete’s sake. The only thing this thread proves is that SP is not fit for office!

😛

23. 2009 September 4 7:18 pm
    INC permalink

If no one puts up the clip on YouTube, then I’ll check to see if I can find a transcript tomorrow. They’re slower to put those up.

I remember really enjoying what he said about Sarah Palin!

24. 2009 September 4 7:21 pm

Right Wing – you mean this Palin person is from Michigan?

25. 2009 September 4 7:50 pm
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

The video is powerful. For those that have/use facebook, it might be good to post it on your wall. E-mail it to any of your friends that voted for Obama. Toss it out on other political sites you blog on.

The left tries to discredit Beck because he gets emotional and cried once on air or something. They also bring up the fact that he was/is an alcoholic. Those things may be true but Beck is doing a better job of exposing Obama and his friends than just about anyone else I can think of. Drudge,Rush,Palin, Malkin, and Gateway Pundit aren’t doing too bad either.

26. 2009 September 4 8:20 pm
    BCL permalink

I found a great mechanic for our Mini in the neighborhood. He’s been here for 29 years, but he only services BMW, Mini and Volvo. I went by to check the place out and I saw a bunch of cars with Palin stickers. He fixed our A/C and we save $550.00 from the other estimate.

I went back to ask him a week or so later about our windshield wipers. He got in the car to check something out and I had the radio on KFYI, a conservative radio station. He said, Oh, you listen to KFYI. I said, “yeh”. he said, “Good!”

I said that I had noticed the Palin stickers. he said, yeh, they’re mine. I told him my wife said I shouldn’t mention them to anybody there. She was afraid I would offend somebody or start something. He laughed. He is a big fan of Palin so we talked a bit. BTW, he is of Hispanic heritage and a conservative. Not a fan of McCain either.

They are great mechanics, great prices and fun to talk to. He didn’t charge me for my wiper problem either.

27. 2009 September 4 8:34 pm

The left is terrified of Beck, Sharp. Otherwise they would ignore him.

28. 2009 September 4 8:57 pm

The left is terrified of Beck, Sharp. Otherwise they would ignore him.

As they are of most people who take to the airwaves speaking a different opinion and presenting facts the public would otherwise not be told.

29. 2009 September 4 9:00 pm
    brucefdb permalink

BCl, I have had a similar experience….cant relate in a short version. Saved us $1700.

30. 2009 September 4 9:01 pm
    brucefdb permalink

Yo Knighthawk. well said.

31. 2009 September 5 3:26 am
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

I find it ironic or perhaps poetic justice that Jones led the boycott on Beck’s TV show and Beck ends up helping Jones under the Obama bus. It kind of reminds me of the bible story about Mordecai and Haman. LOL

32. 2009 September 5 6:43 am
    MDefl permalink

Beck is going to get Jones fired. Justice.

33. 2009 September 5 7:15 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, Obama is going to shut down the internet and airwaves anyway. By revoking licenses. Same way they do it in Venezuela.

So, he is trying to go down shooting. “if you’re gonna die, die with your boots on.”

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Glenn Beck Interviews David Horowitz:The Democrats’ Achilles Heel | Be John Galt
  2. Glenn Beck Interviews David HorowitzPart Two: The Democrats’ Achilles’ Heel - INC’s blog - RedState
  3. Mark Lloyd: Alinsky Radical | Be John Galt
  4. Glenn Beck Interviews David Horowitz:How Radicals Operate and …