2009 In Reflection — Things I Learned in 2009

2009 December 31

Best New Year wishes to all of my BJG friends and compatriots… I pray that 2010 brings us success in all of our endeavors with a renewal and strengthening of the United States envisioned by our Founding Fathers and enjoyed in our youth.

As I bid adieu to 2009 I am reminded of the “new” things I learned this year, such as:

(1)   Obama’s government thinks I am an “extremist” because I believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights…and will exercise my 1st Amendment rights often and loudly: Obama calls Tea Party attendees Extremists.

(2)   Obama’s government frets more about the danger of returning veterans than the Muslims who want to kill us  Homeland security memo focuses on returning veterans and  Obama’s administration after “extremists” versus Napolitano changes WOT to Man Caused Disaster … and this is funny … the reason why…lol…(emphasis added).

Napolitano tells the German news site Spiegel Online that while she presumes there is always a threat from terrorism: “I referred to “man-caused” disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.”

(3)   Obama’s half white skin is very thin … Obama can’t handle criticism from Fox News,   Rush Limbaugh, and others.

(4)   And, happily, gravity still exists… and what goes up… comes down….Obama’s falling popularity….

Ummm… maybe #4 should be that a large number of the American people realized in 2009:

ONE BIG AWFUL MISTAKE (was made in) AMERICA.

What did you learn?

__________

H/T: The Cypress Times, Guardian, Pajamas Media, NewsBusters, FOX News, ABC News, Telegraph, Rasmussen Reports.

1. 2009 December 31 9:53 am

excellent post, judy!

Obama has surrounded himself with idealogues, and any consideration of their “competency” was an afterthought. Witness Janet Napalitano.

Our enemies KNOW how imcompetent the Obama Regime is…and how blinded it is to certain threats (especially Jihadi ones).

H-O-L-D F-A-S-T

2. 2009 December 31 9:59 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Speak the truth boldly and without fear. The left knows only lies and intimidation. It takes personal courage to defeat these tactics, but when you do you will have the support of millions.

3. 2009 December 31 10:00 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Know the truth, know your history, know the founders, know why liberty beats tyranny every time, know your rights, resolve to hold them tightly at all costs.

4. 2009 December 31 10:02 am
    janzam permalink

Judy

I especially liked your thoughts on “gravity” — that what goes up must come down, in relationship to Obama’s poll numbers

It is less what I have learned than a reminder, of what has been a wonderful trait of the American public. It is called their “resilience” to adverse circumstances.

This has been demonstrated in the creation of the Tea Party movement –something spontaneous born out of the reckless election of an incompetent leader.

At least for the last 200+ years the American people seem to rise out of all kinds of problems — including depressions, wars, political folly, 9/11 — and compensate with their own strength and courage to bring the U.S. to a standing position again.

Hopefully 2010 will see the by-products of this resilience by having a resurgence of passionate common sense flooding the voting booths in November.

5. 2009 December 31 10:12 am

I learned that I am a racist if I hold to my personal set of beliefs, and challenge those who step on them. I am a racist if I do not bow down and worship at Obama’s feet. Somewhere along the way, his sheeple forgot that he is half white, and was raised by white people while his father ditched him. I learned that cops are racist when they do their jobs, and that Obama will call them out even without any facts whatsoever. But would be bombers with explosives in their undies are “alleged” not guilty, even though 300 witnesses pointed right at him.

From my response in another thread yesterday, but I will repeat it- I learned our government is:

More aggressive with the hacker than Gore……more aggressive with the kids who exposed ACORN than ACORN itself…..more aggressive with Wilson over You Lie! than the lies Obama was telling….so on. You are the bad guy if you are the one who exposes the mess in government, vs being the mess maker.

I learned that our representatives do not represent anything or anyone other than the highest bidder. No morals, and easily bought. I also learned that my phone calls mean nothing. Which I think is exactly what they wanted me to learn.

Here is the most important thing I learned though-

My fellow Americans (the ones with brains) are waking up, and speaking out. We are arm in arm standing up for what is right. No one is sitting by waiting for things to get better, they are making change. I have seen old people, young people, and people in between, stand together peacefully and declare that they will adhere to their values and stand up for what is right even if they get slapped with a terrorist label. Though admittedly, some people should get a bad label for pasty legs and certain types of shorts, but that is a discussion for another day.

6. 2009 December 31 10:25 am
    janzam permalink

Nine big stories the Mainstream Media missed in 2009 Fox News

H/T Instapundit

7. 2009 December 31 10:27 am

FIFY there was a period in there that was messing with the link.

8. 2009 December 31 10:29 am

9. 2009 December 31 10:34 am
    judyt2009 permalink

I believe a lot of people learned in 2009 that Barak Hussein Obama… is NOT the Messiah, GOD, infallible, inspiring, competent, managerial, moderate, articulate, caring, compassionate, secure or securing, experienced, bi-partisan, patriotic, Christian, or stalwart ….

In 2009 I think a lot of people finally saw the logo letter O as exactly what it really represents … ZERO

10. 2009 December 31 10:34 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

I’m no slouch when it comes to political warfare. As everyone knows, I rejoiced at the deaths of Dr. Tiller and Sen. Kennedy, because I believe they were evil men, performing evil deeds daily, and nothing but their own deaths could stop that from happening.

As I see it the difference is primarily twofold:

1 I don’t want to make life and death decisions for anyone but myself, I don’t call for the government to make these decisions for anyone else…. The left calls for the deaths of people while demanding the authority over their medical care, so, if they wished, they could make it happen…

2 Rush does nothing but talk. He has no power to take life, as Tiller did, or as Kennedy (in a smaller way) did, in his capacity as a senator.

11. 2009 December 31 10:35 am

Judy –

We live in an era in which good is bad, white is black and up is down.

We need to retake control of our country and our institutions back from the left and the elitists. The revolution started in 2009. We need to complete it by November of 2012.

12. 2009 December 31 10:40 am
    judyt2009 permalink

OH — how could I forget … that in 2009 I learned that man-caused global warming data was totally false having been created by a bunch of greedy… $$$$$grant$$$$ seeking quasi (false/unethical) scientists.

13. 2009 December 31 10:42 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

heh. A bunch of liars whose goal was to deprive us of energy and control our lives in the name of a non existent threat.

14. 2009 December 31 10:46 am

Jan, look at that.

In each of the 9 arguably biggest stories of 2009, the MSM ignored one party to the benefit of the statists.

Every time.

Staggering when you look at what took place in the course of a single year. The media are nothing but organized crime.

15. 2009 December 31 10:50 am

Another one:

From R.E. Tyrell

. Four days after UFA’s attempt to blow up Northwest Flight 253 as it landed in Detroit, President Obama finally got it right when he said, “A systemic failure has occurred, and I consider that totally unacceptable.”….

…..The lesson that the President should have learned from last week’s “systemic failure” is that government is a very imperfect instrument. A government that takes over 16% of our economy promising to bring us good health at a reasonable cost is an instrument doomed to failure and at a catastrophic cost.

16. 2009 December 31 11:01 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

And yet more outrage and despotism:

Obama grants immunity to INTERPOL

Last Thursday, December 17, 2009, The White House released an Executive Order “Amending Executive Order 12425.” It grants INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) a new level of full diplomatic immunity afforded to foreign embassies and select other “International Organizations” as set forth in the United States International Organizations Immunities Act of 1945.

By removing language from President Reagan’s 1983 Executive Order 12425, this international law enforcement body now operates – now operates – on American soil beyond the reach of our own top law enforcement arm, the FBI, and is immune from Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests.

17. 2009 December 31 11:02 am
    Sharp2edgedsword permalink

I learned how to tie my shoes.

18. 2009 December 31 11:09 am

many of the Sheeple of America who voted for “Hope & Change” learned the same lesson that purchasers of Snake Oil have learned since the first the bottle of it was made from water and dye!

Of course, many are still anxious for Lord Obama’s NEXT batch to be ready! And they will lap it up.

19. 2009 December 31 11:14 am
    janzam permalink

Some apt quotes regarding “the media.”

“Newspapers are unable, seemingly to discriminate between a bicycle accident and the collapse of civilization.”
    ~George Bernard Shaw

“Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.”
    ~Ron Nesen

“The degree of one’s emotion varies inversely with one’s knowledge of the facts — the less you know the hotter you get.”
    ~Bertrand Russell

20. 2009 December 31 11:27 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

George Bernard Shaw was an flat out communist.
    Bertrand Russell was not that bad, but still a pacifist and a moral-equivalence type between the US and Soviets…

Don’t know anything about Ron Nesen…

Not saying they are wrong, just some background on who these guys are….

21. 2009 December 31 11:35 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

On 31 January 1970, Russell issued a statement which condemned Israeli aggression in the Middle East and called for Israeli withdrawal from territory occupied in 1967. The statement said that:

The tragedy of the people of Palestine is that their country was “given” by a foreign power to another people for the creation of a new state. The result was that many hundreds of thousands of innocent people were made permanently homeless. With every new conflict their numbers increased. How much longer is the world willing to endure this spectacle of wanton cruelty? It is abundantly clear that the refugees have every right to the homeland from which they were driven, and the denial of this right is at the heart of the continuing conflict. No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse from their own country; how can anyone require the people of Palestine to accept a punishment which nobody else would tolerate? A permanent just settlement of the refugees in their homeland is an essential ingredient of any genuine settlement in the Middle East. We are frequently told that we must sympathise with Israel because of the suffering of the Jews in Europe at the hands of the Nazis. […] What Israel is doing today cannot be condoned, and to invoke the horrors of the past to justify those of the present is gross hypocrisy.

He died 2 days later on 2 Feb 1970…

22. 2009 December 31 11:36 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Russell of course, was wrong, as the Jews had settled the land first, and the Jordanians and Egyptians who followed them did so for jobs only, and had plenty of land of their own.

Russell was somewhat naive, but not totally blind to all evil….

23. 2009 December 31 11:37 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

In August 1920, Russell traveled to Russia as part of an official delegation sent by the British government to investigate the effects of the Russian Revolution.[26] He met Lenin and had an hour-long conversation with him. In his autobiography, he mentions that he found Lenin rather disappointing, and that he sensed an “impish cruelty” in him. He also cruised down the Volga on a steam-ship. Russell’s lover Dora Black also visited Russia independently at the same time — she was enthusiastic about the revolution, but Russell’s experiences destroyed his previous tentative support for it.

Impish cruelty? You don’t say. I’d say that was a near perfect description of the man’s physical appearance, which happened to exactly mirror his personality..

Anyway, Russell was foolish and naive, but not so bad as Shaw, who was a bald faced communist totalitarian and apologist…..

24. 2009 December 31 11:41 am

on a lighter note, janzam…the quotes were actually quite good, even if made by ignoble folks! 🙂

25. 2009 December 31 11:44 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Yes, not taking issue with the quotes, or the intent, just giving background, it never hurts to know these people……..

26. 2009 December 31 11:45 am

“I learned that I am a threat to national security, even though I do not break the law- I don’t even speed! I am a threat because I am a Christian, and a Conservative. Amazing. All this while Muslims intent on the death of infidels (read: anyone but muslims) are home free, as they were not on the list.” — JM

If We the People are perceived as a threat then the Govt has already gotten too big for its britches, with or without Obama and his Czars. Men are only truly free when the Govt fears the People. Not the other way around.

Many have said it before, but it bears repeating.

27. 2009 December 31 11:47 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

“Racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe!”

28. 2009 December 31 11:50 am

Looking in the mirror, yeah I guess so.

29. 2009 December 31 11:54 am
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, Joy Behar says so, so it must be true, eh?

30. 2009 December 31 11:58 am
    TLS permalink

I learned that…..

the American can-do spirit that believes in liberty and personal responsibility is still alive in this country, examplified in the Teas Parties and BJG, and

if you don’t know your rights, you don’t have them.

31. 2009 December 31 11:59 am

drdog: “If We the People are perceived as a threat…”

And we ARE so perceived. Why?

Are WE the ones who proclaimed (long and loud):
    We are going to FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM the United States?” Well golly, that was the moron who is now our President.

Are WE the ones who preached to a VERY appreciative audience:
    Not God BLESS Ameria, GOD DAMN AMERICA!?” Well golly, that was the despicable “Preacher” who was our “beloved” President’s “spiritual advisor” for 20 years!

Are WE the ones who readily and repeatedly leaped at the prospect of helping to enslave young girls in brothels?
    Well golly, that was the criminal organization that helped elect the moron who is now our President.

Wow…seems there ARE people right here in America who ARE real threats to our country.

32. 2009 December 31 12:20 pm

just watched Congressman Mike Rogers of Michigan…a man who GETS IT!

He described the failure to stop the would-be underwear bomber despite MASSIVE information that SHOULD have stopped him.

His take (which I agree with 100%) was that the dots WERE being connected on the Nigerian bomber…at PROSECUTION SPEED. Because the Obama Regime is more concerned with CONVICTIONS that fighting terrorism, people were (and are) building CASES they can use in court, instead of moving aggressively to STOP the crime in the first place!

I guess we need MORE lawyers…we arm THEM and put THEM in the front lines! Then when someone shoots at them we remind to collect evidence FIRST, and only then can they return fire! Yup, that’ll work.

33. 2009 December 31 12:36 pm
    brucefdb permalink

34. 2009 December 31 12:38 pm

And we ARE so perceived. Why? — JR

Aaaaah, you are asking the glass half full/empty position. That does not matter. What We the People have to do is inform the Pols by firing them all that what matters is WE OWN THE GLASS!

35. 2009 December 31 12:39 pm

Geeez, JR, if our anti terrorist efforts now depend on probable cause issues then we truly are screwed.

36. 2009 December 31 1:00 pm

they DO and we ARE!

And the CIA, which possesses much of the intel is busy lawyering up as Eric Holder comes after THEM!

37. 2009 December 31 1:05 pm

A growing Dim trend, bail while the time is ripe —

“State Sen. Laura Kelly (D) just announced her withdrawal from the race to face Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.). She becomes the fifth formidable recruit to bow out in recent weeks.”

HT: Reihl World

Its small potatoes being only a KS state position. But still, its something that will be continuing to happen as polls continue to show a slide in the Dims banner.

38. 2009 December 31 1:06 pm

scenario:

Young Marine is pinned down in a murderous cross-fire…pokes his head up and kills one of the enemy. Does so again and again…and eventually the enemy withdraws. Up pops a JAG lawyer who trots over to the dead enemy, pulls out his battlefield criminal investigation kit and begins testing the dead fighters hands for gun powder residue.

39. 2009 December 31 1:13 pm

He pries the rifle out of the 3rd fighter hands…and frowns as he tests it. “Marine!“, he barks, “This man did NOT fire his weapon…and thus you murdered him! You have the right to remain silent…“

You know in the early stages of the eastern front of WWII the Russian army had ‘morale officers’, really KGB spies, attached to every section. Well soon after it got really hot and heavy, the morale officers were suspiciously dying like flies.

You know Shakespeare ruminated that the first thing to happen is we shoot all the lawyers.

I leave the connect a dots as an exercise.

40. 2009 December 31 1:14 pm

41. 2009 December 31 1:20 pm

Oh there is one other alternative for the JAG officer. In the middle of the firefight the LT gooses the JAG in the ass. JAG jumps up screaming, which is unfortunate in a firefight. Appropriate authorities are notified for disposition.

42. 2009 December 31 1:30 pm

Obama grants immunity to INTERPOL RWY

One good thing about executive orders, a new executive can always cancel them out.

43. 2009 December 31 1:33 pm

Doesn’t really help those hit by it in the mean time.

44. 2009 December 31 1:35 pm

I like your last scenario the best, drdog.

And yup, JAG is starting to operate like the old Political Officers of the Red Army. They and the “morale” Officers did die in huge numbers!!

45. 2009 December 31 1:40 pm

quisling in chief.

46. 2009 December 31 1:42 pm

Doesn’t really help those hit by it in the mean time. — KH

The experienced LT would suggest to the JAG that he needs battlefield experience and should take point…

47. 2009 December 31 1:46 pm

IP, unbelievable. I assume that Pharma must be trailing stupid pills to the Feds. Its the only answer.

48. 2009 December 31 1:47 pm

should be …trialing…, sigh.

49. 2009 December 31 1:51 pm

46 – This applies to the Interpol thing how? 😉

50. 2009 December 31 2:02 pm

KH, I was referencing your 43.

51. 2009 December 31 2:06 pm

SAN’A, Yemen (Alpha Papa) – The Nigerian suspected in the attempted attack on a U.S. airliner had stayed on in Yemen illegally after his visa expired three months ago and should have been stopped by authorities from leaving the country, Yemeni security officials said Thursday.

52. 2009 December 31 2:09 pm

50 … exactly which was in reference to 42, I don’t see how it applies.

53. 2009 December 31 2:16 pm

KH, it doesn’t seem to apply…but it’s New Year’s Eve and drdog may have declared the Sun over the Yardarm already! 🙂

54. 2009 December 31 2:29 pm

It’s all good either way. 🙂

55. 2009 December 31 2:35 pm

and not to rile everyone up…but the more I read about the Obama Regime releasing Qais Khazali in a freaking prisoner swap the madder I get!

Numerous sources are reporting that Peter Moore, a British computer consultant who’s been held hostage in Iran since May 2007 — was kidnapped by Khazali’s group precisely because they wanted a bargaining chip to negotiate for Khazali’s release.

Qais Khazali orchestrated a massacre of Americans…and works DIRECTLY for the Iranians!! And we let this son of a bitch go!

56. 2009 December 31 2:43 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Qais Qazli wasn’t just some run of the mill Shia thug; his group is backed by Iran. Qazali’s men were trained by Iranian Qods Force to infiltrate and assault the Provincial Joint Coordination Center in Karbala in January 2007. Five US soldiers were killed during the kidnapping attempt. The US soldiers were executed after US and Iraqi security forces closed in on the assault team.

The attack on the Karbala Provincial Joint Coordination Center was a complex, sophisticated operation. The assault team, led by tactical commander Azhar al Dulaimi (who was later killed by the US military), was trained in a mock-up of the center that was built in Iran. The unit had excellent intelligence and received equipment that made them appear to be US soldiers. Some of the members of the assault team are said to have spoken English. They drove SUVs that looked like ones used by US contractors.

57. 2009 December 31 2:45 pm

And we let this alleged son of a bitch go!

FIFY. That is how we say it in Obama’s Amerika

58. 2009 December 31 2:45 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

It should be an impeachable offense that this has been done. Absolutely outrageous… The lives of our troops mean nothing to the political class, not that the civilians’ lives are any dearer.

There are no words to properly describe this. Well, treason could be one.

59. 2009 December 31 2:46 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Boy, I was starting to relax, too, for the evening.

ARGH!

60. 2009 December 31 2:51 pm

KH, I assumed, wrongly, you were referencing 38. My bad.

Haven’t lifted to the yardarm yet, but I am boarding the ship with a first round of imbibing.

61. 2009 December 31 3:02 pm

Now it looks like UndieBomber had connections here. Lone incident indeed.

62. 2009 December 31 3:02 pm

“And we let this alleged son of a bitch go!”

It’s actually not the first, though it may be the first under this current regime.

63. 2009 December 31 3:07 pm

And a telling piece at WSJ.

64. 2009 December 31 3:20 pm
    janzam permalink

Terrific article posted on #64, drdog. Thanks!

65. 2009 December 31 3:27 pm

dear JM, thanks for adding the “alleged” to my statement! I naturally ASSUMED his mother was a bitch!

rwy, it’s a good night to get riled up…’cause then the “adult beverages” will take the edge back off! 🙂 At least, that works for me!

66. 2009 December 31 3:28 pm

and p.s. to rwy…”Treason” was the PERFECT word!

67. 2009 December 31 3:28 pm

The wsj piece hits the bulls-eye.

68. 2009 December 31 3:32 pm
    aureliusx permalink

Here’s what I learned this year. You can be a foreigner who tries to plow up a plane over detroit and massacre American civilans, and declare “there are more like me who will strike soon”, and yet have the right to lawyer up and remain silent after that.

some societies deserve to die.

69. 2009 December 31 3:37 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Despite the Obama Administrations determine to do otherwise,

Have a happy new year, everyone.

70. 2009 December 31 3:40 pm

aureliusx, your post #69 is chillingly spot-on!

our enemies see us prosecuting our heroes (Navy SEALs, CIA agents, Marines, et al) and coddling our enemies.

Obama and the Left proclaim: “They will respect us more”. The reality is 180 degrees the opposite.

There ARE more like the mutt who tried to blow up the airline on Christmas day…and they WILL strike soon. We can’t count on having a Dutch film student save the day on EVERY flight, eh?

71. 2009 December 31 3:42 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

I am already on my third glass of champagne….umm, umm, umm … I also realize ZERO was right… the seas did stop rising and the global warming stopped when he became POTUS… now just because the hoax of global warming was exposed by the leaking of CRU e-mails by a hacker… possibly by the Chinese… is no reason to not give ZERO the credit for stopping the destruction of man-made global warming, especially considering he was awarded the Nobel Prize for far less.

LOL — me finding a way to credit ZERO with an accomplishment… absolute proof that I am on my third glass of champagne…umm, umm, umm

72. 2009 December 31 3:42 pm

I will indeed, RepublicanPundit!! 🙂

And WE all collectively will survive and ultimately thrive, I believe. Key word: “ultimately”.

73. 2009 December 31 3:43 pm

judy…I sure hope you’re on the East Coast! ’cause it’s only 3:45 here! 🙂

Happy New Year everyone!!

74. 2009 December 31 3:53 pm

Hopefully I will be on the same re-education program as Judy here in the next few hours. lol You have to be drunk in order to think Obama is in any way competent or good.

75. 2009 December 31 3:58 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Yep — #72 is prima facie evidence that those who voted for ZERO and continue to support him were/are drunk, high, or whacked on crack…

76. 2009 December 31 3:58 pm

“AT-4 rocket launcher”
    “Nabilaye I. Yansane”
    “officers also found Jihadist writings that allegedly belonged to Yansane.”

“Houston police said they did a thorough investigation and did not find any ties to terrorists or a terrorist network.”

Glad to know Houston PD didn’t jump to any conclusions. 🙄

77. 2009 December 31 3:59 pm
    janzam permalink

Aurelius’s post above brought up a point that really riled me…the fact that the Nigerian was read his Miranda Rights, was then able to “lawyer up” and shut up.

He should be treated like the terrorist he wanted to be and tried in a military court. And, this is all because Obama refuses to acknowledge the dangers that currently face this country.

78. 2009 December 31 4:03 pm

Di-fi to hold hearings next month… gee I feel safe already

79. 2009 December 31 4:06 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!!! My wife and I aren’t typically very social, but this year we’re gathering a number of families together at our house to welcome in 2010 with a proper celebration.

Although I can’t say that 2009 was personally a very bad year (the tremendous stock market rally was very, very welcome), but it sure seemed a VERY stressful year. Much more than typical. Watching communists running amok in Washington DC probably had something to with that.

Anyway, I really hope everyone has a marvelous and safe New Year celebration this evening. We’ll get back to kicking the communist’s butts tomorrow.

80. 2009 December 31 4:06 pm
    RepublicanPundit permalink

Too bad the passengers did not kill the SOB. But then, Obama would have prosecuting them.

81. 2009 December 31 4:08 pm

Suicide bomber was invited onto Khost base where 8 cia folk were taken out.

82. 2009 December 31 4:08 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Too bad the passengers did not kill the SOB.

I’m surprised the passengers were not arrested for profiling the SOB and making him feel bad.

83. 2009 December 31 4:09 pm

Sometimes the good guys win one.

84. 2009 December 31 4:09 pm

Bomber was not checked\searched in an attempt to show respect. It’s almost funny, but not.

85. 2009 December 31 4:10 pm

84 – How much did that cost on all sides?

86. 2009 December 31 4:10 pm
    janzam permalink

Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve evening with your wife mp. It sounds like it will be a fun and care-free one. Kudos!

87. 2009 December 31 4:12 pm
    janzam permalink

KH

The news on that bomber is still fuzzy. Supposedly the CIA was trying to “court” him as an information source. There was a possibility that he detonated the bomb when they initiated a search.

88. 2009 December 31 4:13 pm

88 – That was just reported as fact on fox that there was no search done precisely because they were trying to court him.

89. 2009 December 31 4:13 pm
    mpthompson permalink

Thanks Jan.

90. 2009 December 31 4:20 pm

FYI – Saddleback is $900k in the red calling for urgent donations.

91. 2009 December 31 4:25 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

Work ended at noon — and I was telecommuting today… so I popped the champagne around 3 — it is approaching 7:30… something tells me I’m not seeing midnight in NYC….lol

92. 2009 December 31 4:27 pm

Burp!! what? I can’ts hear u, slay that again?

93. 2009 December 31 4:29 pm

#91 The church or the city?

94. 2009 December 31 4:30 pm

The church.

95. 2009 December 31 4:30 pm

I have a pretty strong opinion on that if you are speaking of the church. I am not not not a Rick Warren fan. He is a part of the apostate church……

96. 2009 December 31 4:31 pm

Hope he gets the hint, but he probably won’t. That church was bound to suffer sooner or later.

97. 2009 December 31 4:33 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

MP — I know exactly how you feel… it was a very stressful year for me… being at ground ZERO in DC with all the kool-aid drinking moonbats and drooling sycophants is taxing. However, each day I am seeing more glimmers of hope that this nation can be saved.

Unfortunately… I think many unit owners in my building rented to a substantial number of Chicago thuggery transplants (too many Illinois license plates in the garage and Obama stickers on the cars)… my 1-20-2013— hope for change bumper sticker surely pisses them off…except I suspect most don’t understand it.
    It was a very depressing spring watching them move in… thankfully I have left the immediate area for points south… and a longer commute 3 days a week.

Have a happy new year and enjoy your friends.

98. 2009 December 31 4:35 pm

97 – I doubt it, he’s not one good at taking hints.

99. 2009 December 31 4:37 pm

I could care less about saddleback church or whatever – I barely had even heard of the place or rick warren till the mccain\obama thing, which I actually found interesting – and most telling of all about Obama.

Everything apparently is above his pay grade as it turns out.

100. 2009 December 31 4:47 pm

Warren was pretty popular after purpose driven life came out, but he seemed more interested in money and a mega church than actually preaching biblically sound principles.

101. 2009 December 31 4:51 pm

BTW- kinda freaked me out earlier. I live in a suburb of little importance in SoCal, and today there were checkpoints to enter the city if you were driving any kind of large truck or van. Like Uhaul or bigger. You had to have a full content inspection, including under the hood and there were cops everywhere. Anyone else have this type of thing where they live?

102. 2009 December 31 4:56 pm

Warren claims the $900,000 shortfall is the result of the days Christmas and New Year’s Day fell this year. Attendance the Sunday after Christmas apparently was down. Seems like all churches would be facing the same problem but I haven’t heard the priest at my parish asking for $900k.

103. 2009 December 31 5:02 pm

JM, maybe they got a tip on some sort of smuggling activity?

104. 2009 December 31 5:04 pm
    judyt2009 permalink

JM —

I avoided going anywhere today….that is spooky… there must have been something going on.
    To be sure ZEROs gang has done the polling … anything happen and they are done…

105. 2009 December 31 5:04 pm
    brucefdb permalink

I think Brother Rick is guilty of running his church like Arnold is running California.

Unfortunately for Rick he cant go to Barry for our dough like Arnold can.

Happy New Year everyone.

PS JM, also in SoCal, maybe a big shipment of illegals (aka Obama voters) was coming in.

106. 2009 December 31 5:04 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Rick Warren was on of those new age churcher types preaching liberal politics from the pulpit right, specifically amnesty and enviro-nitwittery…..?

107. 2009 December 31 5:05 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Your megachurch is 900k short? Big deal… Many families have been without wages for a year, some for 2, some even longer….

Cut the budget, then, pastor… like everyone else.

108. 2009 December 31 5:06 pm

Happy New Year folks…I’m heading upstairs to try and catch up with Judy! 🙂

More later!

2010…the year we boot (some of) the Dems out!!

109. 2009 December 31 5:07 pm

I just told my Dad that it scared me enough to have me get some extra water and foodstuffs at the store. Ok ok and maybe an extra bottle or 2 of champagne because you just cannot be too careful with having enough alcohol in the house.

110. 2009 December 31 5:08 pm

I keep wondering, why do I have to find ‘news’ in a British paper? Heads preparing to roll over NW security flap.

111. 2009 December 31 5:08 pm

#108 I will have to look up who it was, but there was another mega church that folded in similar fashion. Warren preaches the prosperity gospel, among many other false things…….

112. 2009 December 31 5:09 pm

…careful with having enough alcohol in the house.

Agreed. You never know when you might have to wound somebody and then patch them up later.

113. 2009 December 31 5:11 pm
    aureliusx permalink

No kidding… I’m supposed to care if a church is spending too much money? LMFAO.

We got existential problems now buddy. Let it die.

Platitudes don’t pay the bills.

114. 2009 December 31 5:15 pm

“Anyone else have this type of thing where they live?”

Nope

108 – Yup.

“I’m supposed to care if a church is spending too much money? ”

Nope I just thought the crew here would find it interesting since I too don’t believe one loses 900k over the dates xmas and newyears falls on, sounds to me like contributions are down (variety of reasons ) and someone forgot to cut expenses along with it.

115. 2009 December 31 5:15 pm

Actually there is a church where I live that asked its members to get second mortgages on their homes to pay for a church expansion. It is one of the biggest churches out here now. Unbelievable! God does NOT want people in debt! How many of them have lost jobs and are now having to continue paying for this? I swear, starting a church is not a get rich quick plan!

116. 2009 December 31 5:17 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

Well, if you’re freaking stupid enough to believe God wants you to take a second mort to fund a church expansion, I have a hard time feeling sorry for you. You get food, water, clothes, and shelter and that’s it.

117. 2009 December 31 5:18 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

JM, I hope you didn’t fall for any of that….. 👿

118. 2009 December 31 5:19 pm
    rightwingyahoo permalink

ahh, this is going to be a boring New Year’s….. sitting at home again, haven’t gone out in 5 years, easy…..

I must be getting old or something.

Never had all that much fun sitting in a bar anyway, and worrying about who was gonna drive us home 😀

119. 2009 December 31 5:20 pm

KH,

It is interesting. Not knowing their typical income stream its hard to tell. But $900k in the red sounds awful high even for a mega church. Besides Easter/Passover are the big paydays in collections for most.

120. 2009 December 31 5:21 pm

“Actually there is a church where I live that asked its members to get second mortgages on their homes to pay for a church expansion”

WHAT?? It’s one thing to ask for donations for expansion or to save the church or something, but to even suggest parishioners mortgages their homes over it??? If that doesn’t tell someone they are in the wrong place I don’t know what the hell would get through to them.

121. 2009 December 31 5:24 pm

… I don’t know what the hell would get through to them.

Let us not forget Obama and his church. Especially since he intends to mortgage our children’s futures. Asking for seconds on homes is almost small potatoes in comparison.

122. 2009 December 31 5:25 pm

Oh that is the sure fire signal to run don’t walk away from that church! I don’t go there (the fact that they are non denominational kept me away to begin with). Can you believe that though? I probably would have laughed so hard and loud I would have snorted before standing up and running out as fast as I could.

123. 2009 December 31 5:25 pm

“worrying about who was gonna drive us home”

Bingo… The party bus concept I did a couple years back that cool, all getting blitz’d at a place or two and having the private bus take us all home.

124. 2009 December 31 5:26 pm

122- Good point, lol.

125. 2009 December 31 5:28 pm

Obama is in Hawaii. Rush is in Hawaii. You would think it would be a congenial gesture for the O to take an hour off to visit him. A smart Pol would know it as an opportunity to raise their poll numbers. But Obama is not that smart.

126. 2009 December 31 5:31 pm

#119 same here. Our big plans are for tomorrow, not today. Having us some fancy pants Belgian waffles and mimosas, then spending the day de-Christmasing the house and hanging out playing board games and whatnot. Tonight is dinner, movies, popcorn, and champagne. Perhaps we will not fall asleep before midnight, in which case, we have poppers. 😀 Just not worth it with the drunks on the road.

127. 2009 December 31 5:34 pm

126 – Actually you know I was thinking last night as folks were joking about that Dr.Dog that it would have been a really slick political move (and we’re look kinda bad for saying it was – even though we’d know it was fake as hell and he probably was hoping for his death as xmas gift) to go drop in and visit for a couple minutes today or have gibby announce the president sent a gift basket and a card saying “get well soon rush so you can cover the HC bill signing” or something. I’m sure someone laughingly suggested it to him and a smart aid pointed out that doing that would enrage the wacko-left beyond belief.

128. 2009 December 31 5:34 pm

Well everyone have a great New Years! Off to a friends house to do the honors.

129. 2009 December 31 5:35 pm

we’re doing a spiral ham (thx to Mrs. Justrand! 🙂 ) and wine…and, well, wine!

Tomorrow is all bowl games…except that THESE days they stretch the damn things out for a week! Literally.

rwy, staying home (or real close) is smart! Amateur Drunk Night sucks!

130. 2009 December 31 5:36 pm

“What did you learn?”

That ? not only monitors BJG, but takes her/his frustrations out on the HHR

131. 2009 December 31 5:37 pm

c ya in 2010 drdog…maybe LITERALLY! Here’s to Re-Education Kamp hut 1369!! Cheers!

132. 2009 December 31 5:37 pm

That would have been cool. Fake as hell like you said, KH, but I would have perhaps given him an atta boy.

133. 2009 December 31 5:40 pm

YUM! Spiral ham? We are doing lasagna, salad, and rolls……..oh yes and champagne. Although, I was best wife ever and bought the hubs the Sam Adams winter beer collection, so he will probably drink that instead knowing him. No worries, more champagne for me!

134. 2009 December 31 5:42 pm

don’t know about the “Best Wife Ever”…but you are the World’s Champion Daughter!! 🙂 XO

135. 2009 December 31 5:46 pm

I also learned that BOR is senile and he is not worth watching anymore.

136. 2009 December 31 5:50 pm

137. 2009 December 31 5:55 pm

Fred never could hold his licker!

138. 2009 December 31 6:17 pm

Fred is my kind of party animal. 🙂

btw:
    “Dec. 31 (Bloomberg) — The Mayo Clinic, praised by President Barack Obama as a national model for efficient health care, will stop accepting Medicare patients as of tomorrow at one of its primary-care clinics in Arizona, saying the U.S. government pays too little.

More than 3,000 patients eligible for Medicare, the government’s largest health-insurance program, will be forced to pay cash if they want to continue seeing their doctors at a Mayo family clinic in Glendale, northwest of Phoenix”

HT: lisab(hhr)

139. 2009 December 31 6:24 pm

Next shoe to drop:Prohibit doctors from refusing medicare patients.

140. 2009 December 31 6:26 pm

#139 Oh good grief! I can’t blame them, but I agree with IP- is that going to be found somewhere in the mega bill to be against the law?

141. 2009 December 31 6:35 pm

Some torturous interpretation of the 14th amend no doubt.

142. 2010 January 1 7:33 am
    beej permalink

I am not not not a Rick Warren fan.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Me, either. A friend got me his book, Purpose Driven Life, to study together. I dropped out after a while, because it was wrenching my spirit. Something didn’t feel right, although I don’t remember now if I knew what it was that bothered me or just had that red flag feeling. I never told anyone, because it seemed almost sacriligious at the time, he seemed headed to be the next big Preacher like Billy Graham…I tend to be overly critical…sometimes I don’t know if I disagree w/someone for legitimate reasons or because by nature I’m a big old meanie.

I guess I feel vindicated!