NAACP, Rebuked?

2010 July 18
by drdog09

Yo! NAACP! Take note, even a clown can be right some of the time —

“Do you think elements of the Tea Party are racist?” This Week anchor Jake Tapper asked Vice President Joe Biden in an EXCLUSIVE interview. Biden equivocated at first, but then settled on a pretty firm no.

“Well, the truth is that at least elements that were involved in some of the Tea Party folks expressed racist views,” he said.

“I wouldn’t characterize the Tea Party as racist. There are individuals who are either members of or on the periphery of some of their things, their — their protests — that have expressed really unfortunate comments.

(…)

“I don’t believe, the president doesn’t believe that the Tea Party is — is a racist organization. I don’t believe that,” Biden said. “Very conservative. Very different views on government and a whole lot of things. But it is not a racist organization.”

Source

Good news? Well if Biden was my bookie, I would place my bet on a no show. But there is a bigger game afoot here. Michelle was at the NAACP convention urging blacks to ‘be more intense’. Not saying that this was the trigger for the NAACP to up and issue their Tea Party charge. But it did fit the tenor of what the NAACP was doing in making such statements. Now we have Biden throwing a bone to the Teas.

My take. Good Cop, Bad Cop. Michelle is prodding on minorities so as to get out the vote. Biden on the other hand is attempting to tranquilize the center right, including the Teas. The hope is they can repeat 2008 in those class groups again. But its not going to work. The center has gone sour on O and his policies. So even if he wins the majority of the left the WH is still left with insufficient votes to carry the day.

Bottom line — WH has probably seen some very scary internals and they are trying to cover their posteriors.

1. 2010 July 18 10:45 am

Dunno if Biden is smart enough to play any cop, much less the bad one. He was probably off his script again. He sounded pretty reasonable, which means someone in the WH is pulling their hair out right now over this interview.

2. 2010 July 18 10:55 am
    TLS permalink

In the Obama White House, the blacks (Michelle) have to pander to the blacks and the whites (Joe) have to pander to the whites. So much for transracial Obama bringing everyone together. Sad thing is that they believe it has to be this way, and yet you have people like Col. West who can speak to anyone because the truth is universal.

3. 2010 July 18 10:56 am

Yep, he doesn’t need to hyphenate Americans in order to get his point across.

4. 2010 July 18 11:00 am
    TLS permalink

Good threads today folks. EPH should be happy 🙂

5. 2010 July 18 11:02 am

Yes, excellent threads!

6. 2010 July 18 11:20 am

7. 2010 July 18 11:56 am

JM, 6

rule 1, mirror and mirror often.

I read this a couple of days ago. And from all the swirling around this, much does not make sense. First if this was a DMCA takedown, then Blogertery would have recourse, per the DMCA. One of which is Bustnet is obliged to reveal to Blogertery the exact nature and source of the infraction. Second, the fact that Bloertery seems mum to the whole thing goes against the grain. Most anybody else that has a blog and has a DMCA request has posted it for all and sundry to view. Almost as a badge of honor. The Law has to be quiet, per protocol.

My take — the guy has not paid his bill lately. If that is the case then its a contract dispute and none disclosure clauses probably apply.

8. 2010 July 18 12:06 pm

4 TLS,

Anything after the Huffinggay-Jeb thread should be considred an upgrade at this point. LOL

9. 2010 July 18 12:09 pm

10. 2010 July 18 12:20 pm

the Obamanistas WILL continue to find reasons to shut down Blogs…then Radio & TV…then assemblies. I truly don’t think they do too much of that this year…but towards the end of 2011 I expect a full on assault.

Weasels are most dangerous when cornered!

11. 2010 July 18 1:02 pm

Maybe they should shut down the gun range.

Or try.

12. 2010 July 18 1:47 pm

O/T – Jeb Bush as the GOP nominee was the subject of Chris Matthews show this morning. That’s the third show/article pushing Jeb in a week: Chrissy, the Huffington Post and Jeb’s first cousin, John Ellis.

Watch this to grow as the GOP establishment wants Jeb and so do the pro-amnesty forces.

13. 2010 July 18 2:04 pm

Weasels are most dangerous when cornered! — Just

Yes they are.

Like I said earlier, this does not follow the usual pattern of a DMCA takedown. If we really want to believe that Feds are involved then were talking Patriot Act kind of stuff. But that generally does not fit their MO either. If they have the source isolated and identified, they would generally let the perps keep right on blogging. More material to hang you by.

14. 2010 July 18 2:18 pm

Watch this to grow as the GOP establishment wants Jeb

I don’t know that the GOP wants this more than the left does. It seems like they are willing it to happen. The more it gets discussed, the more likely it will be something the GOP considers.

15. 2010 July 18 2:28 pm

Any time Chrissie Mathews and the MSNBC mob discuss anything GOP, it is utter BS. It is intend as a distraction or as mis-information.

back on topic…the NAACP is not getting the traction they hoped for with their phoney “Racism!” charge. Too many people know it to be a lie…and it just hurts what tiny bits of credibility they had left.

16. 2010 July 18 2:41 pm
    booshkindoggin permalink

OT but perhaps of passing interest to BJG fans: quicky film version of Atlas Shrugged planned:

17. 2010 July 18 2:52 pm

18. 2010 July 18 3:49 pm

#16 The guy they have for James Taggart should really be playing John Galt. The guy they have for John is all wrong. Dagny- meh….they need to keep looking, she isn’t horrible, but they settled. Spot on with how I would have pictured Hank though.

19. 2010 July 18 3:54 pm

BTW- I don’t know that I would want to see the movie. I don’t want the book ruined for me.

20. 2010 July 18 4:49 pm

Boosh…I’m not gonna get excited about the movie yet, ’cause it looks like they’re barely getting their butts in gear. I don’t mind most of the casting, but the John Galt actor is NOT gonna work!

21. 2010 July 18 5:18 pm

RWY – notice how those big bad dudes were picking on those little guys. Why don’t they pick on someone their own size – chicken shits.

22. 2010 July 18 5:21 pm

rwy, because by definition whatever Union thugs, ACORN thugs, and Enviro-thugs do is GOOD. And whatever WE do is bad!

Watching that video I couldn’t help thinking that they’re not very far removed from the Brown-shirts in 1930. Not very far at all.

Push is coming to shove, and soon. It will be vitally important to remember that whether it is you or the other guy on the ground bleeding profusely at the end…YOU (and I) will be deemed the bad guys. Makes the choice easy.

23. 2010 July 18 5:28 pm

24. 2010 July 18 5:34 pm

At Chris matthews’ age, when he feels a tingle in his leg it probably means he is peeing on himself. — BC

Or the early signs of DVT.

25. 2010 July 18 5:40 pm

You know who I see as a top 5 candidate for John? Gerard Butler. Why don’t the casting people call me directly for my opinion? Surely I can cast it better than they did. Why am I mulling over this? Dunno.

26. 2010 July 18 5:47 pm

#22 What tools those guys were.

27. 2010 July 18 5:48 pm

JM,

In a movie version of Atlas Shrugs, who plays the heavy would be the pivotal role. They have to embody all that is wrong with the ‘system’ in one character. That’s a tough act.

28. 2010 July 18 5:52 pm

Reported on MSNBC —

It has just been reported that the head gardener at the White House
    has been dismissed after 28 years of loyal service to many US presidents.
    When interviewed, the gardener protested his innocence and said,
    “All I know is I was walking past the Oval Office, and I asked, ‘Has
    anyone seen the s–de and the h-e?’

The next thing I knew, my ass was fired!!

29. 2010 July 18 5:55 pm

I would cast my husband, just as he looks right now as Galt- not kidding. He has a real eff you look about him these days…..and yet he is gorgeous, completely unpretentious with raging blue eyes.

Whoever plays James needs to have a smarmy quality to him.

Oh, and if they toss the court room scene for Hank, or water it down, I will not watch the movie.

30. 2010 July 18 5:57 pm
    TLS permalink

Jason Chaffetz is reporting via FB that the gov’t will defend the idividual mandate in court as a tax instead of forced purchase of a product. Funny, weren’t we assured that it wasn’t a tax and we weren’t raising taxes??

31. 2010 July 18 5:58 pm

I think I need to find a quiet corner to obsess about this, because I will absolutely drive all of you nuts with it. 😆

Thanks, boosh! haha

32. 2010 July 18 5:58 pm
    TLS permalink

Here’s the link

33. 2010 July 18 5:59 pm

#32 Yeah……just like the death panels weren’t really death panels until they were……I am just in need of Whoopi Goldberg to tell me it isn’t rape rape.

34. 2010 July 18 6:06 pm
    TLS permalink

#35 and the federal gov’t didn’t fund abortion until it did. Make sure you have Whoopi explain to you why Mel Gibson isn’t racist while you’re there.

35. 2010 July 18 6:28 pm

yup, TLS, everybody who called it a “Tax” was deemed a “liar”, “opportunist” and “partisan hack”.

and the videos of Obama laughing off the notion of it being a tax would fill a libaray!

Now, of course, when they realize it HAS to be a tax to have any chance of surviving a Constitutional challenge…TA DA! it’s a TAX!!

Chicago Rulz, baby!

36. 2010 July 18 6:54 pm

We iz doomed.

37. 2010 July 18 7:24 pm

” ‘Has anyone seen the s–de and the h-e?’”

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best shit I’ve heard in years!!!!

38. 2010 July 18 7:28 pm

DR

You cant say “spade” and “hoe” here anymore????????

39. 2010 July 18 7:49 pm

rwy, the Left loves humanity in theory. But ONLY in theory.

In reality they want humanity “perfected”…to meet their models. And they do NOT trust humanity to make its own choices…and thus they must strictly control humanity, for their “own good”.

I just finished watching an old ‘Outer Limits’ episode titled: “The Architects of Fear”. Robert Culp and his scientists buddies turn him into an alien creature [he draws the short straw] so they can scare humanity into a one-world utopia. Naturally it all goes horribly wrong. But that’s the Left for ya. Don’t tell people the TRUTH…they can’t HANDLE the truth. So make shit up, scare people, and then nudge them into the behavior you want!!

Pathetic.

40. 2010 July 18 7:51 pm

#40 Dude, if the NAACP had a problem with a card mentioning space…..

But no 😆 in the right context I have no problem with it. MSNBC though, which is half the joke, would have -‘d it. 😉

41. 2010 July 18 7:58 pm

You cant say “spade” and “hoe” here anymore????????

Eph, not that we can’t. But its easier for those with family not to have to explain that ‘daddy’ or ‘mommy’ is, well you know…. You can’t never know where young eyes might be peeking.