Robin Has Chills; Mitt Was High School Bully UPDATE: Obama Bullied a Girl

2012 May 10

Here’s a sample of the “fair and unbiased” coverage we can expect in the 2012 election.

Good Morning America (GMA) co-host Robin Roberts must have tossed her panties at Barack Obama after interviewing him on same-sex marriage yesterday. On GMA today she breathlessly coo0ed:

“Whatever people think about this issue, we know it’s controversial, there’s no denying when a president speaks out for the first time like that, it is history,” co-host of ABC’s “Good Morning America” George Stephanopoulos said to Robin Roberts.

And let me tell you, George, I’m getting chills again,” “Good Morning America” co-host Robin Roberts said about her interview with Obama.

View more including video:

I don’t recall anything like that since high school girls screaming at the Beatles in the mid-1960s or Suzanne Malveaux st the White House Correspondents Dinner about ten days ago.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post is looking into bullying by Mitt Romney when he attended Detroit Country Day High School:

NEW YORK — The Washington Post‘s Jason Horowitz shook up the political world Thursday morning with a deeply reported story about Mitt Romney’s prep school days, an account that included disturbing recollections from former classmates about the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s behavior toward two students perceived to be gay.

snip

The Post’s Romney prep school story will run in Friday’s print edition along with a second story on the reaction to it.

Remember the stories the Washington Post and the New York Times carried on Barack Obama’s pot or cocaine use? Neither do I.

UPDATE: Obama bullied a girl. [read the whole thing, it’s good!]
When our president became the subject of taunts from his fellow classmates, he decided to shove a little girl named Coretta.   Although he chronicles his feelings of regret, he never does not offer her an apology.

Hat tip: Real Clear Politics The Talk of the Times, and the Huffington Post

Image Detail

Anyone you know?
  1. 2012 May 10 11:38 am

Whaaaaat!? No LightBringer sermonette? The MSM is slipping.

2. 2012 May 10 11:50 am

Bc3b- tell me when you are done editing this. I have an update for it.

3. 2012 May 10 11:53 am

JM –

I’m done. By the way, Brock Griffiths is among the top ten searches on Yahoo right now. But the Kings are the story in LA right now.

4. 2012 May 10 11:58 am

Poor Coretta. #waronwomen

5. 2012 May 10 12:00 pm

#3 Brian Gryffindor hurt his knee last night. 🙁 A bad game all around.

6. 2012 May 10 12:00 pm

Cranbrook, Romney’s high school, is the truly elite school in the Detroit area. It is located in Bloomfield Hills, one of the area’s most exclusive suburbs and also includes a natural science museum that is open to the public. Lots of woods. The school buildings and museum only cover less than 5% of the campus.

When my son was a freshman, Bishop Foley played Cranbrook in the district playoffs at Cranbrook and Brendan got called up to the varsity for post-season play. It was obvious he wasn’t going to get much playing time, so I suggested he try to meet chicks. Did he listen to me? Am I retired?

7. 2012 May 10 12:01 pm

From the link talking about the sources for the Romney bullying story:

According to Horowitz the sources for this story were:

“The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be named. The men have differing political affiliations, although they mostly lean Democratic. Buford volunteered for Barack Obama’s campaign in 2008. Seed, a registered independent, has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan. All of them said that politics in no way colored their recollections.”

Meanwhile, the source for the Obama bullying came straight from his OWN BOOK. Damn. Did anyone read that thing?

8. 2012 May 10 12:01 pm

Who or what is a Brian Gryffindor?

9. 2012 May 10 12:02 pm

You know, the Clippers guy formerly known as Blake Griffin. His name seems to be evolving, or something.

10. 2012 May 10 12:05 pm

If it weren’t for the audiobook, I would be convinced at this point that not even Obama read “Dreams from My Father”.

11. 2012 May 10 12:07 pm

Seriously, y’all- click on the updated link. Yummy goodness in there- especially the tweet from ms. war on moms herself.

12. 2012 May 10 12:11 pm

If the #7 seeded Washington Capitals beat the #1 seeded New York Rangers in game 7, the conference finals will include:

East: #6 seed New Jersey Devils vs. #7 seed Washington Capitals

West: #8 seed Los Angeles Kings vs. #3 seed Phoenix Coyotes (soon to be the new Quebec Nordiques?)

It’s been a great playoff so far.

13. 2012 May 10 12:18 pm

of course NOW will issue a statement holding Obama BLAMELESS for shoving the girl, and causing her to run away in fear and embarassment!

But the Romney story…from 40+ years ago? Oh baby…THAT will go on for days, until the Obama campaign (aka: the media) figures out ANOTHER distraction.

14. 2012 May 10 12:19 pm

Personally, I admire Mitt for what he did at Cranbrook. I didn’t think the b@lls.

15. 2012 May 10 12:21 pm

Is Brian Gryffindor seriously injured or just an “owwiee?”

16. 2012 May 10 12:45 pm

Who or what is a Brian Gryffindor?

He was the dork standing in the third tower that was eaten by the dragon in Lord of the Rings III. The dragon asked for Pepto from the field hospital later.

Seriously is this what national poltics is now? Doing tattle tale on dorky stuff we did before our first acne outbreak? If it is, where’s the nearest exit? The country is doomed.

17. 2012 May 10 12:52 pm

I just figured if Blake’s name changes every time bc3b writes it, we may as well get creative with it.

18. 2012 May 10 12:54 pm

And yes this is what we are talking about now, because Obama cannot run on his record. He really needs to read his own book before he invents the next childish attack though, because chances are, he did the same or worse as whatever he alleges.

19. 2012 May 10 1:20 pm

by his own admission, Obama was doing HARD DRUGS by late High School (way beyond grass)

so if what the candidates did in HIGH freaking SCHOOL is now the basis for choosing our next President, then Romney wins Game-Set-Match

20. 2012 May 10 1:31 pm

We know less about Barack Obama’s life between the age of five and the time he first ran for office than any other President. The years in Indonesia, his high school years, Occidental, Columbia, Harvard, his time as a community organizer.

Even FNC refuses to check it out.

21. 2012 May 10 1:34 pm

I guess the possibility of a player getting injured possibly negates my “there’s no reason to watch any more than the last five minutes of an NBA game” rule.

22. 2012 May 10 1:51 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

I’m not sure I even like posting this but it’s the truth. My brother has forcefully refused to back Romney as he believes Mormonism is a cult.

Talked with him today and when he found out what Romney did in higgh school he is not only going to vote for him but also work to get him elected in his county.

23. 2012 May 10 2:01 pm

splendid…it now turns out that the “source” for the WaPo hit-piece on Romney’s HIGH SCHOOL prank did not (N-O-T) witness the event…it is 40+ year old HERESAY.

this sums it up perfectly!

24. 2012 May 10 2:17 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

oh good GOD — first we learn that 1/2 black skin is thinner than onion skin and now we find out that nancy boy, fags have skin even thinner.

Romney is about ten years older than I so about the time he was at Detroit Day prep I was in Kingergarten, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade about 90 minutes north.

If Romney and his friends chased down a boy and cut his hair it wasn’t because they thought he was gay… IT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS A F’N HIPPIE.

Being gay, closeted or otherwise just wasn’t part of our our lives … not then, but being a long haired hippie freak sure was.

Now I sure do wish these fags would grow a pair that they don’t use for tea bagging and man up. Oh, boo f’n hoo… if Romney called out “atta girl” when some limp wristed mommie’s boy, fairy answered a question and the fairy considered himself bullied then he was a big pussy.

Give me a break. I can’t even being to list all of the names I was called I do remember Squeek and FATSO (never understood that one because I wasn’t), all sorts of names related to being flat chested (I was).

I remember some girl beat me black and blue one time. I called her a bitch and strangely she felt the need to prove my point. Irony is lost on the stupid even at the age of 9.

Iv’e had boys push me off the merry-go-round, knock me down, and hit me. I even had some guy, knock me down and give me what we called a cherry belly in the 9th or 10th grade. My brother punched his lights out when he found out. Now I am certain this guy is homosexual but waiting for mom and dad to die before coming out of the closet (like so many southern boys my age).

I guess I was bullied by a homosexual. OH MY GOD… HOW HORRIBLE.

To be sure we all have stories of someone being mean to us, calling us names, even being physical … GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Are they really going to the American public with this story?

It is nothing but a distraction and I hope Romney ignores it and makes these pantywaist, fairies who came up with this idiot story look as absolutely stupid as they are.

AND I SURE HOPE I INSULTED THE POOO OUT OF EVERYONE!!!!

25. 2012 May 10 2:38 pm

AND I SURE HOPE I INSULTED THE POOO OUT OF EVERYONE!!!!

Heh. Guess depends on who is the pusher vs the pushee eh??

Not at you Judy, or necessarily the thread itself, but this is all so amateur. The country is burning down around us and we are watching two national campaigns duking it out over pig tails in the inkwell.

26. 2012 May 10 2:49 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Shocking: We now know that two dudes (Obama and Willard) who crave addulation from others and are desperate to gain authoritrian power over there fellow man were **GASP** pushing around weaker people in high school

Seems all part of the MO of the potential Tryant to me….if they werent eager to jack with others lives they probably would want to be Absolute-Monarch-in-Chief!

Lets move on **YAWN**

27. 2012 May 10 2:49 pm

Not to worry judy, the pervs over at wussing called me your “bytch” (compliments of MD) post 63, in response to my post 50 on hhr.
    you might want to check out post 69.
    It’s easy for them to indulge in this crap, when I’m blocked from the sight.

28. 2012 May 10 2:52 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

Hey, I heard Joe Biden gave someone a Weggie in JR High…..so when do we start the Impeachment trial?

We really have reached a sickenly trival level of offense in this country havent we?

29. 2012 May 10 2:53 pm

Judy- gay wasn’t even a thing when I was in school. I didn’t have a single gay friend my age. Only a couple of my friends came out as adults. Plenty of people used the word fag though- and it didn’t mean gay at the time. You weren’t referencing someone’s sexual preference when you said it. Now, of course, folks don’t say it…..they say retard or special olympics…because it is just so much less offensive. 🙄 Thus the problem with hyphenated Americans. Everyone looooooooooves to play the victim. There’s money in it.

30. 2012 May 10 2:54 pm

Only a bully would equate his poor bowling skills to the Special Olympics.

31. 2012 May 10 3:42 pm

32. 2012 May 10 4:42 pm

Today I heard many comments about Obama and his support for gay marriage. Many people (particularly in the media) talked about how BRAVE Obama was. Many stated that he was on the right side of history and the GOP was on the wrong side of history.

A single stray thought entered into my brain.

If being opposed to gay marriage places me on the wrong side of history – I accept it willingly. For I would rather be on the wrong side of history BUT on the right side of God.

Oh by the way, I read the end of the book and it does not end well for them.

33. 2012 May 10 6:36 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

IP… I don’t give a poop about the magpies over at HHR. Anyone who so limits their lives by elevating how they have sex to the defining characteristic of their being lives life in a single dimension.

They aren’t even single issue voters than are single function human beings

34. 2012 May 10 6:44 pm
    judyt2012 permalink

gnaqanq

Exactly … years ago I was dealing with an issue… I was walking though Union Station with people all around suddenly the thought popped in my head “Which is more important pleasing _____ or pleasing GOD?”

I stopped dead in my tracks looked to the heavens and said aloud.. “Well GOD when you put it that way the answer is easy”

I guess I am just one more of those crazy people walking around talking outloud to GOD.

Please GOD for enternity or yourself for a few seconds. Now the question is are these people stupid or cheap? Cheap in the sense that the don’t know the value of life.

As to all those people praising Obama for being brave… well he expressed an opinion that is no differnent than what Dick Cheney said years ago.

35. 2012 May 10 7:30 pm

#36 God has had that issue in front of my face almost daily for the last several months. What I thought were just random tests, were actually building me up for a pretty significant life issue, that had I not been getting gentle correction daily, I may not have handled very well. It was hard enough- but God is SO gracious, and had me in a place where I was actively seeking Him before all of this happened. If you are not in the Word- get in the Word. First thing EVERY morning, folks. Give Him first crack at your day.

Now, I ran across Allahpundit’s bragging post about atheists being motivated by compassion in order to be charitable- more so than Christians. I thought huh….really…so what happens when no one is flashing puppies or dying children on the screen? They don’t feel as compelled to give? And I’d be right. If you are accountable to God, you give all the time, not just when a sappy song comes on along with the “for just a dollar a day” plea.

Eternity is a long time to be right or wrong about whether or not there is a God.

36. 2012 May 10 7:35 pm

Atheist vs Christian~~~If the christian is wrong they will have wasted a lifetime. If the atheist is wrong, they will have wasted an eternity.

Trackbacks & Pingbacks