I Never Liked Kabuki Theater Anyway

2013 March 12
by justrand

kabukiAt least when the Kabuki actors take the stage they’re wearing some pretty fancy costumes…with makeup to match! Visually stunning…even if I don’t understand the point.

But politics at all levels across the country now is Kabuki theater without the fancy garb and makeup…they’re not even TRYING to make it entertaining!

At least (according to legend) Nero fiddled while Rome burned…though it is unclear if he took requests from the audience. Al Capone strutted his stuff in broad daylight, and even Ming the Merciless dressed the part of Ruler of the Universe!

So come on, politicians…if you’re gonna destroy the nation (and you ARE), at least do it with class and/or sass!

1. 2013 March 12 9:46 am

2. 2013 March 12 10:28 am

I never realized that Nero and Al Capone were Japanese.

3. 2013 March 12 10:36 am

bc3b, it’s one of history’s mysteries!

4. 2013 March 12 11:24 am

I think a couple of Al’s sons flew Zeros in WWII.

5. 2013 March 12 11:33 am

#1 – Actually I thought it was a pretty funny (and maybe informative to some given the area) sort of retort to the previous ads by CIR.

The official count on Monday showed 99.8 percent of islanders voted in favor of remaining a British Overseas Territory in the two-day poll, which was rejected by Argentina as a meaningless publicity stunt. There only three “no” votes out of about 1,500 cast.

Now stfu and sit down Argentina.

Good I’m tired of assholes in the left lane going slower then traffic in other lanes (short of some instant downpour or other instant event) , about time those “slower traffic keep right” signs are enforced, always seemed more annoying and dangerous then the person going faster then the limit (within reason).

Feds Spend $1.5 Million to Study Why Lesbians Are Fat

More money well spent by the taxpayers. 🙄

6. 2013 March 12 11:33 am

The Pirate Bay of physical objects — http://defcad.org/ — add 3d printer and filament. These are the same guys that 3D printed all of a AR-15 but the barrel and bolt.

7. 2013 March 12 11:41 am

8. 2013 March 12 12:13 pm

I think a couple of Al’s sons flew Zeros in WWII.

9. 2013 March 12 1:30 pm

Take away: Do not seek mental health unless you are in serious serious need, doing so will cause you to lose one or more of your inalienable rights.

10. 2013 March 12 1:31 pm

Very interesting ip. I knew O’Hare was named after a pilot killed in one of the World Wars, but had no idea it was the son of Alphonse’s lawyer.

11. 2013 March 12 1:47 pm

KH…yup…and then pretty soon a traffic-ticket will be “sufficient cause”

tic…tic…tic…

12. 2013 March 12 2:01 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

Will any of these state laws end up in courts?

13. 2013 March 12 2:11 pm

If you wanted to take guns the mental health laws are the way a Lib would go. Many states do have such laws on the books. So all they have to do is say repeat offenders for drunk driving, speeding, drug usage are indicators of mental issues. You get sent in for observation. While you are away the MIB dudes go get your guns.

My question would be, regardless of cause, it is a taking, so the holder of the guns should be compensated for their loss.

14. 2013 March 12 2:30 pm

All the more reason to oppose registration of any kind. Federal dealers are under no obligation to expose their customer data base.

15. 2013 March 12 2:35 pm

12 – Judges will likely go along – you know cause the one in 10 million case that happens where someone goes mental, and then goes mental with a gun. All in the name of having an illusion of safety.

13 – That’s exactly the route they seem to be pursuing along with equal attempts to curtail ammo sales. Yes they should be, do you think they will be? (rhetorical)

16. 2013 March 12 2:41 pm

14 – Those records must be retained (not submitted though) for 5 years I believe, they however do need to be submitted (sales records) if that dealer goes out of business. Currently when that happens they really just sit in a box in a records archive. How long before the new procedure is to scan in the records and have them auto entered into a easily queried database – not long, assuming it has not already started happening.

If I was one of those going out of business I think I might get by murphy’s law and have an unfortunate accidental fire in my records storage area prior to closing day.

17. 2013 March 12 2:48 pm

“Commander Of U.S. Pacific Forces Says Global Warming Is Our Top Threat…”

J H F C – I mean seriously as commander of the Pacific fleet forces you rate this your “top threat”, not a growing China, not the Korean peninsula, not managing to some how do more or the same will less ships, not tensions between Japan and China…but “global fking warming”…besides didn’t this guy get the PC memo – Commander it’s “global climate change” now. 🙄

18. 2013 March 12 3:23 pm

Well when the thermo nuke has you reaching 10,000Kelvin yeah its climate change. Man made even! 🙂

19. 2013 March 12 3:44 pm
    MI Conservative permalink

#18 HAHAHAHAHA

But it’s sad. That commander of Pacific Fleet has to be called before congress and questioned.

20. 2013 March 12 3:45 pm

Another navy puke looking for promotion.

21. 2013 March 12 3:55 pm

There is no time limit on retention, however all that paperwork can sometimes spontaneously combust.

22. 2013 March 12 4:27 pm

19 – It’s nice to know his priorities and that of his ultimate commanders are aren’t screwed up. 😉

23. 2013 March 12 4:50 pm

21 – I know states have their own requirements but I had it wrong federally it’s 20 years and 5 years on a failed attempt. Unless this is outdated info? http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/478-129-record-retention-19675385

24. 2013 March 12 4:54 pm

KH –

But the Admiral is a hero. Wait, with the exception of pilots our navy hasn’t been in a battle in nearly 68 years.

25. 2013 March 12 4:59 pm

A post that neatly lays out what I have been mubling about here for quite a while — http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-12/guest-post-lets-stop-fooling-ourselves-americans-cant-afford-future

26. 2013 March 12 6:30 pm

screwed

27. 2013 March 12 6:41 pm

28. 2013 March 12 6:47 pm

Bc3b, I “love” the term ‘FreeLunches’ …is that where cheese sandwiches magically fall from the skies? 🙂

29. 2013 March 12 7:15 pm

Top Ten Country Songs.

10. I Hate Every Bone in Her Body But Mine

9. I Ain’t Never Gone To Bed with an Ugly Woman But I Woke Up With A Few

8. If The Phone Don’t Ring, You’ll Know It’s Me

7. I’ve missed You, But My Aim’s Improvin’

6. Wouldn’t Take Her to A Dogfight ‘Cause I’m Scared She’d Win

5. I’m So Miserable without You It’s like You’re Still Here

4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend and I Miss Him

3. She Took My Ring and Gave Me the Finger

2. She’s Lookin’ Better with Every Beer

And the Number One Country song is…

1. It’s Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass All Day

30. 2013 March 12 7:56 pm
    Wylie E. Coyote permalink

“Reflecting the dollar’s loss of purchasing power, the price of gold and silver in dollars has risen dramatically during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama regimes.

For the past year or two, the Federal Reserve and its dependent banks have operated to cap the price of gold at about $1,750. They do this by selling naked shorts in the paper speculative gold market.

There are two gold markets. One is a market for physical possession by individuals and central banks. The rising demand in the physical bullion market points to a rising price for gold.

The other market is the speculative paper market, in which financial institutions bet on the future gold price. By placing large amounts of shorts, this market can be used to suppress price rises in the physical market. The Federal Reserve, which can print money without limit, can cover any losses on its agents’ paper contracts.

It is important to the Federal Reserve’s low interest rate policy to suppress the bullion price. If the prices of gold and silver continue to rise relative to the U.S. dollar, the Fed cannot keep the prices of bonds high and interest rates low. If the dollar is widely perceived to be declining in value in relation to gold, the price of dollar-denominated assets will also decline, including bonds. If the dollar loses value, the Fed loses control over interest rates, and the U.S. financial bubble pops, with hell to pay.

To forestall Armageddon, the Fed and its dependent banks cap the price of gold.

The Fed’s fix is temporary; and as the Fed continues to create ever more dollars, the price of gold will eventually escape the Fed’s control, as will interest rates and inflation.

The Fed has produced a perfect storm that could consume the United States and perhaps the entire Western world.”

31. 2013 March 12 8:27 pm

Agree 100%. Though I did not know the Fed was taking naked shorts against gold. My rule right now till things change is — If I can’t hold it in my hand it ain’t real. That’s for all assets. Paper anything can disappear in an instant.

32. 2013 March 12 8:30 pm

It’s Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass All Day.

Great song. You talking about the version by Johnny Throb and the HeartBreakers or the cover single by Pee Diddly the rapper?? /snark 🙂