900% Spike in Asylum Seekers in 10 Years

2016 October 20

A study shows that the number of people seeking asylum in the US has increased by 900% in the past decade. Asylum seekers receiving refugee status qualify for the same goodies as US citizens – welfare, food stamps, housing, Social Security, Medicaid, student loans, etc.

The number of illegals seeking asylum to gain easy access to the United States has jumped 900 percent in less than 10 years, greatly expanding the Immigration population receiving Social Security, school loans, green cards, welfare and other taxpayer funded services, according to figures from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

While about 8,000 mostly Latin Americans in 2009 sought asylum, the number is expected to reach 80,000 or more this year, according to a projection from the Center for Immigration Studies.

The report said 80 percent come from just three countries that have already flooded the border with youths and young families, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. Most claim a fear of torture, abuse, or retaliation, fulfilling the U.S. requirement that they must voice some credible fear of returning home.

The surge was sparked by a freeing up by President Obama of the restrictions to those requesting asylum. Now they are let into the United States while they pursue their asylum request.

The author of the report, Jessica M. Vaughan, the Center’s director of policy studies, said many of those arriving at the border to claim asylum are trafficked through Mexico by gangs charging fees to get their clients into the U.S.

What’s more, typically many are granted a temporary OK, then find their way to U.S. cities. A House panel found that some 90 percent are granted asylum, though only 30 percent of the requests were “fraud free,” said the CIS analysis.

New in the latest numbers, she said, was a rise in immigrants from India seeking asylum. They too arrived via gang trafficking.

“The only non-Latin American country to rank in the top five nationalities of asylum seekers reported by USCIS is India. The influx of Indians appears to have heated up in 2013 along the Arizona border, and shows signs of being organized or facilitated by smuggling organizations, with some paying as much as $35,000 to be guided to the Nogales area. In 2015 the number of Indian asylum seekers began to exceed the number arriving from Ecuador, long a source of illegal migration through Mexico,” said the report.

The Catholic Legal Immigration Network Inc. has published a pamphlet that shows all the federal programs those granted asylum get, including green cards, Social Security, school loans, welfare, Medicaid, cash and housing assistance.

Hat tip: Washington Examiner

1. 2016 October 20 5:32 am

Two questions:
    1. When is it going to subside?
    2. How can the US afford this?

Assuming $35k per year, that’s $2.8 billion.

2. 2016 October 20 6:07 am

3. 2016 October 20 6:42 am

usc\lat not much change from yesterday ever so slight .3 T improvement slight .3 C loss.

FL absentee ballots holding at R+1 for now (18% returned so far):
    41.6R/40.1D/18i\o

NV did start reporting last night (0.6% returned): 36D/37R/26i\o
    Encouraging but it’s only 4k votes of like 710k early\abst votes expected, I think way to early to read into it.
    NC holding around R+4 (tiny numbers still)
    ME (esp cd-2) – Not looking good on paper, atm larger D% than 2012, much lower I. idk though I’s went 60% for obama in me so maybe some of them ‘staying home’ isn’t as bad as I think?

Raw totals thus far 42\39\19 (D+3)

4. 2016 October 20 7:47 am

Prepare for Yugoslavia.

Russians have been saying this for a decade — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOJCkUboeDA — Our own government seems to be willingly fulfilling the prophecy.

5. 2016 October 20 8:05 am

drdog, the Russian professor was correct…just off in his timing

The United States is “too big to fail”…quickly. But NOT too big to fail

I have had my dire warnings regarding the damage Obama would do thrown back in my face my family & friends. The line is typically: “You said Obama was going to destroy this country…but he didn’t!” (the “Nanner nanner” is implied).

From ‘Dr. Zhivago’: “Even Comrade Lenin underestimated our own cursed capacity for suffering.”

I freely admit that I was WRONG. Obama was NOT the “endgame” for America…he was the opening act. America’s resilience has surprised and dismayed Obama (he has railed against our system not allowing him to simply DICTATE!).

But after 8 years of Obama, our social, political, military, and moral foundations have ALL been systematically undermined.

We are now like a solid looking tree that is hollowed out inside…waiting only for a strong breeze to knock it down. Hillary is that breeze…only she will bring a HURRICANE worth of damage with her.

Changing metaphors: Obama has teed the ball up…Hillary will smack it, and US.

6. 2016 October 20 8:22 am

6 – True, and remember their various studies about this being posting here in years past and I think the consensus was (if there was one) they only thing they were getting wrong was exactly which states might fall where, like where they have sc and tn part of the north section. 😉

7. 2016 October 20 8:47 am

Trump….6 rallies over the next three days….OH, PA, VA, NC. Tireless…..big crowds? I bet.

Watch for the next Dem slime Friday afternoon…..maybe the lawsuit thing from Pedophile Island.

8. 2016 October 20 9:25 am

Trump rally in OH starting in about 10-15 min (at least the feed is).

9. 2016 October 20 9:35 am

Milo slamming it to the press — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq0Ch0oSiv8

10. 2016 October 20 10:05 am

Who or what is this milo character?

11. 2016 October 20 10:13 am

Am I the only one who noticed in last night’s debate that Hillary bashed Bill’s “brother by another mother” (George W. Bush) for the mess he created.

Can you see the Bush Family bashing Bill, Hillary or any Democrat?

12. 2016 October 20 10:24 am

12 – A dude that destroys leftist memes and goes into SJW dens on a regular basis to hit people with the bat of clues and reality, the left can’t stand him – so much that I think he’s like now been banned on all social media platforms except Gab. Course you’ll probably just call him a peter puffer. 😉

13. 2016 October 20 10:24 am

13 – I noticed that. I’m sure they gave her full clearance to do it though.

14. 2016 October 20 10:37 am

12,14,

He is also associate editor at Breitbart.

15. 2016 October 20 11:33 am

16. 2016 October 20 12:15 pm
    Eph permalink

“Who or what is this milo character?”

A right wing pickle puffer. He’s actually funny. Hates ugly lezbos

17. 2016 October 20 2:03 pm
    JBoz permalink

“Hates ugly lezbos.”

Does anyone like ugly lezbos? I think even ugly lezbos hate ugly lezbos. I know of one particular ugly lezbo who has a preference for shall we say “middle eastern cuisine”.

18. 2016 October 20 2:14 pm

19 elegantly put

19. 2016 October 20 2:17 pm

Trump and the Hag are appearing before Catholic Charities tonight……big trap for Trumpster, Catholic Charities is all in with getting muchos dolares ($$$$) for resettling Syrian immigrants. They aren’t any more Christian than Pope FranceHiss.

Of course CC has to pretend to be anti abortion, even though they give money to pro abort groups.

20. 2016 October 20 2:51 pm

Breitbart blocked me for taking the PP’s to task, he may have done it himself.

21. 2016 October 20 3:28 pm

22. 2016 October 20 3:43 pm

brucefdb #21 –

Catholic Charities is Catholic in name only. The organization is about making as much money as possible and higher compensation for its executives.

23. 2016 October 20 4:38 pm

“middle eastern cuisine”.~~~rugheadiss muffdivis.

24. 2016 October 20 6:25 pm

Actually it is the Al Smith dinner, before Cardinal Dolan they would not have invited an anti-Christ like Hillary…..but such is life. Donald joked around some but got serious too, saying ‘it was nice to see Hillary here pretending to like Catholics.’

25. 2016 October 20 6:27 pm

Its getting personal —

We have a suprise in store for @TimKaine and @DonnaBrazile.
    — WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) October 20, 2016

26. 2016 October 20 6:31 pm

A post I put up on facebook…fwiw
    ********

I’m feeling a little (ok, a lot) melancholy about the aftermath of the upcoming election. I wonder if others are too.

I have lost friends and even family over the issues facing our country, and there isn’t any going back for me…and maybe not for them. I’ve lost them on Facebook, and beyond.

I know (for they’ve told me) that they cannot understand how I could support Donald Trump knowing he is crude and crass. When we were still communicating, I tried to explain that while I do not personally LIKE Donald Trump, I find the corruption and downright EVIL that IS Hillary Clinton to be the vastly greater danger.
    In fact, I realize that IF Hillary becomes president, my dreams of a free and prosperous future for my children and grandchildren will fade to nothingness. They cannot see this…and dismiss it as “fear-mongering”, or some combination of “ic” or “ism”. To a person they either welcome the changes to come, or feel the “pendulum will swing back”.

The pendulum will NOT swing back…and the changes that are coming are anything but welcome.

I could go on for pages about the scurrilous creature that IS Hillary Clinton…but most of the folks who need to learn about her have already tuned me and everyone else out. Trump said mean and/or trashy things a decade ago, therefore America must suffer Hillary Clinton in the White House.

The Progressive, Social-Justice inspired future they seek will be a crude combination of ‘1984’, ‘This Perfect Day’, and ‘Brave New World’. The freedoms of religion, speech, assembly and privacy will be swept away…for the “Greater Good”. As will be the freedom to DEFEND those freedoms, in court or with arms. It won’t happen overnight, but the sundering of our Constitution will be complete long before she leaves office. After that it won’t matter.

I will continue to like the friends, and love the family I have lost. And though some rapprochement will occur, it will never be the same. I will NEVER freely speak my mind with them again…for several reasons, not the least of which is trust, or lack thereof.

I will mourn the country I was raised to love and defend, but will stop raising my voice to defend Her…for several reasons, not the least of which is trust, or lack thereof. I won’t need to leave the country, the country will have left me.

Melancholy.

27. 2016 October 20 6:50 pm

26 – He shredded her. It was was great.

28. 2016 October 20 7:14 pm

28, Check your email. Big file attached.

29. 2016 October 20 7:18 pm

Drdog, I’ll check it in the morning (I’m on my on iPad now 🙂 )

Cheers!

30. 2016 October 21 5:49 am

31. 2016 October 21 6:33 am

drdog, thx for the link…and so very apropos.

I think that deserves a full post all its own…I’ll try to get one up today

‘The Mortal Storm’…and we thought it could never happen here

32. 2016 October 21 6:34 am

33. 2016 October 21 6:49 am

grave

DEMOKRAT EARLY VOTING

34. 2016 October 21 7:15 am
    Eph permalink

KH,

Early voting updates?

35. 2016 October 21 7:21 am

Eph, good ole “reliable” CNN has a story out today touting how “promising” Early-Voting totals are for Hillary.

I guess that means the truck IP showed in #35 arrived on schedule!

36. 2016 October 21 7:39 am
    Eph permalink

Rand,

KH will decide how “promising” those results look. Not CNN

37. 2016 October 21 8:02 am

NC – Early vote… The dem dumped a tone of votes in NC yesterday as in-person voting started. They went from trailing by a few points to having a 20pt lead 47\28.

38. 2016 October 21 8:29 am
    Eph permalink

How are the daily trackers looking ?

39. 2016 October 21 8:55 am

40 – about the same as yesterday.

37- as for CA… sure they look great for her there nearly 50% D. 😉

40. 2016 October 21 10:24 am

Don;t they wait until election day to actually count thr absentee/early votes, lest they influence the election.??

41. 2016 October 21 12:37 pm

42 – These are ballots returns and by party of those ballots… NOT, NOT the contents of those ballots.

That said OR and I believe WA, do actually ‘count the actual vote’ as the come in via the mail, though they don’t publish the results till election night (even though obviously some staff have access to the data) – talk about a system designed for rigging (all mail vote + counting as they come in) it’s unreal.