CNN Doesn’t Sweat the Small Stuff

2017 December 30

In a post on the last thread, JR linked to an article questioning why the media hasn’t been covering the protests in Iran in which two or more protesters have been shot and killed.

It’s like this JR. A 24 hour “News network” (a term I use loosely) only has a finite amount of time so it can’t cover everything. It must limit itself to coverage of important news. For several days CNN was covering a box truck parked on public property obstructing the view of Donald Trump playing golf.. It turns out the truck is registered to one of the local law enforcement agencies, but it could have been filled with Russian spies. Because it was feverishly trying to track down this information, which is paramount on every American’s minds, CNN hasn’t had time to cover the Iranian protests.

See that man in the upper left, JR? That’s CNN anchor Don Lemon, not exactly a MENSA candidate. What would you guess Don’s IQ is? 37? 38? Let’s be generous and say 44. You think Don could handle the white box truck and the Iranian uprising at the same time? There’s about as much chance of Don Lemon handling two events at one time as me winning tonight’s PowerBall jackpot. Actually  less, because I bought five tickets today. Don is black. Don is gay. You expect him to be smart, too? Remember the old Meatloaf song – two out of three ain’t bad.

You also have to remember that CNN has to protect the American people and make sure we don’t get any information we are not privileged to have, like people protesting in Iran. Fredo Cuomo himself told us that we have no right to read Wikileaks. Only the media does and they will tell us anything they feel we need to know.

Also, the Iran protests may benefit President Trump. You remember him – the man that colluded with the Russians jamming Hillary Clinton’s GPS system so her pilot was never able to find Wisconsin, thus depriving her of the presidency she so rightly deserved. After all, it was her turn and Trump took cuts in the line.

Besides, CNN, in its infinite wisdom, knows more about Islam than you do. Things like Sharia Law, honor killings, suicide bombings, dressing women like refugees from the 7tth century, etc. are really good things. You are just too brainwashed by this democracy crap to understand it.

And CNN has always had a great relationship with the  Muslim world. Remember how CNN served as Saddam’s PR agency. Walter Duranty with his reports of the great harvests in the 1930 Soviet Union had nothing on CNN. In fact, Christine Amanpour’s primary job is to whitewash Muslim autocracies make sure you receive a balanced view of Islam so you understand it is the moral equivalent of any other religion.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to get back to finding 4-5 real hot ice girls, which I was looking for before you so rudely interrupted me.

Image result for ice girls

Related image  Image result for ice girls

Ice Girls (1)

1. 2017 December 30 10:17 pm

Maybe if CNN had Hockey-Babes for newscasters I’d watch ’em?!?

Nah…okay, I’d watch, but with the sound off. 🙂

2. 2017 December 30 11:00 pm

If I was 30 years old, there are 10 girls I could fall in love with.

3. 2017 December 31 6:58 am
    JimNorCal permalink

It’s a great week for ice girls.

If Iran, or North Korea or Venezuela fall, will CNN give trump any credit?

And so a man who cut deals to build resorts in Dubai, the Philippines, Russia, and elsewhere was clueless in the eyes of the New Yorker while eight years earlier a man was expert on world affairs simply because he visited his family in Kenya once.

4. 2017 December 31 7:15 am

Back to the white truck. There is a story there which CNN refuses to acknowledge.

Why did an LEO deem it necessary to park it there?
    Was the SS involved in the decision?
    Has there been an actual sniper threat identified?
    If one truck is good would not two trucks be better? Or three

And why is CNN harping on it? My guess — they had planned to plant a news team right there; somebody got wind of it and parked the truck there. A severe case of sour grapes if there ever was one.

5. 2017 December 31 7:51 am

Looks like the WHITE truck was blocking the view of Don Lemon…a BLACK man. What a RAAAACIST truck!

6. 2017 December 31 7:53 am

Scott Adams nails some key points…in his usual style:

And President Trump’s key accomplishment remains forever: Hillary never became President!

7. 2017 December 31 8:04 am
    fight on permalink

BC the only 2 things that Don Lemmon can hold are another guys balls.

And I love my Dallas Stars girls

8. 2017 December 31 8:16 am

—-
    Cause it’s not a yuge deal, not yet anyway? Shit was way closer to popping in 2009 than today. I don’t recall Iran commenting on TeaParty or even really much about the stupid pussy-protests of last year, or BLM shut down traffic crap – which might actually be the closest thing by comparison. ALL way bigger than this thing is atm.

9. 2017 December 31 8:17 am

Pic #3 , in the conservatory, with the candlestick.

10. 2017 December 31 8:38 am

fight on –

As I have commented before, the Dallas Stars are a great organization. Not only did the players wear helmet decals as a tribute tonthe slain Dallas officers, but they also invited the players widows and children to participate in ceremonial pre-game puck drops last year. Hot girls cheering the team on and keeping thebice safe is just another example.

11. 2017 December 31 8:48 am

Gee KH I figured you for the Ducks blonde.

12. 2017 December 31 8:48 am

The media’s non-coverage of the Iran protests demonstrate what we have talked about many times: the media’s goal is not to inform the public, but rather to control the flow of information and influence the public.

I was in Europe during the protests in China in the 1980s and CNN had great coverage. But, a lot has changed in 30 years, CNN seems to have a n “special relationship” sanitizing Islam, with Christine Amenpour leading the way.

When CNN named Jeff Zucker president, it dropped all pretense of being a legitimate news network.

13. 2017 December 31 8:59 am

It looks like Spain is the latest European nation to have a major Muzzie invasion:

14. 2017 December 31 9:22 am

12 – giggle.. I know going with pic# would throw everyone off again. 😉

That said you are absolutely correct that if I was gonna go blonde it would have been #4… (so your KR-dar is intact) or runner up middle chick with the abs in #5. However Miss.Storm Squad has the “but I’d be much more fun” look\vibe, but looks are often quite deceiving. *shugs*

15. 2017 December 31 10:04 am

13 – I’m actually glad they didn’t get hysterical yet with the coverage and make this thing into something bigger than it is\was for the moment. A little coverage – yes, it’s news (oann gave it the 35 seconds it warranted in the hour long cast), particularly after the counter-protests started and a cop got frightened\trigger happy (happens daily in the US as we too sadly are away).

But what I don’t want to see is them making it into something where all the neo-cons start jumping on Trump to do something\say something more publicly, which frankly I think would be really stupid right now and actually undercut anything that might be festering more then usual.

16. 2017 December 31 11:06 am

From Powerline:

==> • Top story of the year: Trump is still President! Lost of folks on the left were certain he’d be gone by June. Worser news for the left: he’s gaining strength. Worstest news for the left: The Russia collusion angle is coming up dry, and he isn’t going to be impeached.

17. 2017 December 31 12:57 pm
    JBoz permalink

Pic 4 looks exactly like my friend’s trophy wife, face, body, everything. He’s 53, she’s 35. Apparently she also has a very strong, umm…libido. He’s average looking, and he has some decent wealth, but not the kind of money that you would normally associate with dumping wife #1 and ending up with someone that looks like her. We are all scratching our heads.

18. 2017 December 31 1:43 pm

JBoz,

Looks aren’t everything. I was married to a woman who was easy on the eyes and could cook like a fiend. But in the end it was just not to last.

19. 2017 December 31 2:37 pm

bc3b – what is the temperature where you live today?

Bright and sunny day here (17 degrees) with 3 inches of snow on the ground. Great day to take down the Christmas Lights from the house (done and did not fall off the ladder – thank you God). Tomorrow they are talking single digits without wind chill.

20. 2017 December 31 2:43 pm

CNN caught running Mullahs’ propaganda:

KH: Don’t worry about Trump. He won’t listen to neocons.

21. 2017 December 31 2:43 pm

They just can’t let go…. == https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-31/nyt-publishes-report-debunking-fbi-use-dossier-gets-shredded-immediately-fake-news == NYT gets a massive twitter takedown on story.

So I guess NYT does not sweat the small stuff either!

22. 2017 December 31 2:46 pm

GN,

Just below freezing here. Ice on the roads tho, so wife and I will be making a ‘SUVs-in-Ditch’ game on the roads tonight.

23. 2017 December 31 3:05 pm

24. 2017 December 31 3:18 pm

drdog – how many salt trucks? Do the folks down there know what a salt truck is?

Back in the early 80’s (think it was 1981 – Bengals vs Chargers and it was 18 below WITHOUT wind chill), the temperature for the whole month of January NEVER got above ZERO degrees. Remember one day, bright, sunny, little wind, thought we were having a heat wave – 5 below zero. Never ever thought I would say 5 below was warm. But it was.

25. 2017 December 31 3:26 pm

gn –

It’s a balmy 13 degrees. It’s not expected to get to 20 until next Sunday. The
    “highs” for next Thursday and Friday are expected to be 5 and 6 respectively.

Wonder how MIC is doing with the snow.

26. 2017 December 31 3:30 pm

32, feels like 19 here in the southern outer banks.

Tropical.

Happy New Year to all.

27. 2017 December 31 3:36 pm

24 – As much as about a 2-dozen real ones that could be trusted (good luck finding such people) are needed… no thanks. Be careful of Lucy’s bearing what might appear to be gifts at first.

28. 2017 December 31 3:37 pm

Happy New Year to everyone!

29. 2017 December 31 3:39 pm

bc3b – probably building an Igloo to stay warm. Build a few in my day, surprising how warm it is inside one.

Mullet – take a plunge, get the blood flowing.

30. 2017 December 31 4:00 pm

GN,

No salt trucks here. They throw sand.

31. 2017 December 31 4:03 pm

Happy New Year! tick, tock…..

32. 2017 December 31 4:10 pm

Correction: I went out for pizza. It was 4 degrees when I left and 2 degrees when I got back – 8 miles riund trip. That’s how fast the temperature is dropping.

33. 2017 December 31 4:39 pm

bc3b – when the sun goes down, the temperature drops like a rock.

34. 2017 December 31 4:42 pm

Gn, several churches and organizations around here have those plunges. I see cancellations already proving these southern folks are not completely crazy. Mostly, but not totally gone.

As for me, d have to be on a third glass of wine, and I rarely get through a second.

35. 2017 December 31 5:19 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Long but brilliant. A fictional account of Hillary winning.
    A snip below
    “Chapter 1

It began the evening of the election.
    Actually, it began well before that, with Donald Trump’s refusal to promise he would honor the results of the election. As I said at the time, this fundamentally undermined our democracy.
    It came as no real surprise, then, that the process of casting doubts on my victory began immediately.
    When the election was called for me shortly after 10 PM in New York, I had my staff contact the Trump team to give them time for his concession. He was put on, and the phone was handed to me. His voice carried the frustration and anger he had displayed throughout the long campaign, but he eventually managed to admit I had won (through gritted teeth, I’m sure).
    Then he took the stage at the Hilton ballroom. Bill, John Podesta and I were on the way to the Javitz Center, the rest of the staff following behind. The drive took more than enough time for a simple concession speech, but when we arrived in the backstage area, he was still talking.
    I felt that I should wait a bit longer to let him finish, but John said that I needed to show strength from the beginning, so we told the press I would be going on. They immediately cut away to my victory speech.
    Of course, afterwards, Trump and his surrogates claimed this was some sort of attempt by me to offer one last undercut to my opponent, calling it “petty and vindictive”, but really, does a concession speech need to be that long?”

At the end:
    “About the author:
    Open Term President Hillary Clinton lives with her family in Havana, Cuba, where she leads the American Government-in-Exile. She is currently working with the United Nations and other international partners to end the brutal and illegitimate regime of the self-styled “Restored Constitutional Republic of the United States”.”

Happy New Year!

36. 2017 December 31 5:51 pm

Much of the media sides with Iran:

Because success in Iran just might make Trump look good.

37. 2017 December 31 5:54 pm
    JBoz permalink

DrDog #19…Mrs Boz 1.0 was easy on the eyes. But she lived by a very simple financial equation:

Spending = AGI X 3

Mrs Boz 2.0 is also very pretty, but also financially responsible. A great combination.

38. 2017 December 31 5:59 pm

“Spending = AGI X 3”

Ditto. Same in my case as well.

39. 2017 December 31 6:32 pm

Happy New Year to all!

We’re warmer and dryer here in the Sierra foothills than normal…but still hoping for snow!

Hillary isn’t the President…huzzah!

🙂 Cheers

40. 2017 December 31 7:57 pm
    JBoz permalink

Still, the absolute all-time best one-liner in HISTORY!!!

Something tells me 2018 will be the year Trump delivers.

41. 2017 December 31 8:54 pm