Calm, Well Reasoned Discourse

2018 February 27
by justrand

[this post “inspired” by one too many Facebook discussions which ended when a Progressive seized the Virtue High Ground and declared all who disagree with him or her to be an “ic”, “ist”, or example of an “ism”.]

In 2 Corinthians 11:19 Paul says: “For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.”  In modern America, indeed in the modern world, the examples of fools surrounding themselves with like-minded fools…and thus thinking themselves wise…are abundant.

While I never suffered these fools gladly, I used to suffer them lightly.  I no longer do.

I have always enjoyed healthy debate, and indeed welcomed opportunities to have my opinions challenged and to challenge the opinions of others.  In the past, even when such debate got heated, I was able to remain on speaking and even friendly terms with people I disagreed with…because we were able to live by that quaint phrase: “Let’s agree to disagree”.

I would love to still feel that way, except the denizens of the Left (“Progressives”, Social Justice Warriors, etc) have decided that EVERY opinion they have, EVERY world view they ascribe to, and everything THEY determine to be a “virtue” is NON-NEGOTIABLE.  Everything is “settled”…and any attempt to disagree with the Left is to labeled some despicable term and (if they can arrange it) cast out!

I have had it with this…and refuse to play anymore.

Oh, I’ll still discuss & debate, but the first time a label is thrown out by them…or implied…I will dig deep into my store of “salty” Marine Corps language and tell them what I REALLY think of them.  I fully expect be “unfriended” if on Facebook, and “unfriended” in real life if the conversation occurs elsewhere.  Suits me fine at this point.

I refuse to suffer those fools gladly, or at all.  If they want to talk, debate and even argue, I welcome it.  Heck we can call each other names like “knucklehead” (or worse), so long as the names don’t have an “ist”, “ic” or “ism” attached…implying some PC Social Warrior Disease.

Marie Le Pen … suddenly nationalism is a dirty word, even among faux conservatives.

1. 2018 February 27 7:59 am

Guess that is why I like this website. My opinion can be as valued or valueless as anyone elses and we can just agree to disagree. That and the collaborative newsfeed everybody drags in here. Would not know half as much as I do if it was not for everyone’s effort to share.

2. 2018 February 27 8:03 am

“When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools.”
    ― William Shakespeare, King Lear

Wisdom is the knowing when to leave the stage, in grace.

3. 2018 February 27 8:06 am

You probably heard about Mona Cheran being booed at CPAC for attacking Trump and Marie LePen, who – by the way – is smoking hot.

The elite conservative leadership (and I will include Buckley in that) never really accomplished anything other than pontificating and selling books. They always want to take the high road while the left walks all over them and destroys the country.

Cheran is a pro-amnesty neocon, not a conservative.

4. 2018 February 27 8:11 am

Exactly, drdog. I love to discuss & debate…and don’t mind heated arguments. But the SJWs retreat immediately to their Virtue Castle and begin hurling “ist”, “ic” and “ism” the moment you disagree with them. Fu@k ’em.

5. 2018 February 27 8:21 am

100k illegals have registered to vote in PA

More than 100,000 noncitizens are registered to vote in Pennsylvania alone, according to testimony submitted Monday in a lawsuit demanding the state come clean about the extent of its problems.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation, which has identified similar noncitizen voting problems in studies of Virginia and New Jersey, said Pennsylvania officials have admitted noncitizens have been registering and voting in the state “for decades.”

But state officials have stonewalled PILF requests for access to the data that could expose the problem, the group says in a lawsuit filed in federal court in Harrisburg.

“For months, Pennsylvania bureaucrats have concealed facts about noncitizens registering and voting — that ends today,” PILF President and General Counsel J. Christian Adams said.

He said Pennsylvania had already admitted to a “glitch” dating back to the 1990s that had allowed noncitizens applying to renew driver’s licenses to be offered the chance to register to vote. Mr. Adams said he now wants to find out how bad the problem is overall.

Pennsylvania officials wouldn’t respond to the lawsuit, nor to the 100,000 noncitizen number.

“We’re not going to comment on anything related to litigation,” said Wanda Murren, director of communications and press at the Pennsylvania Department of State.

The 100,000 number cited in the lawsuit comes from testimony given by Philadelphia Commissioner Al Schmidt, who revealed the glitch in the state motor vehicle bureau’s systems that prompted noncitizens to register to vote.

6. 2018 February 27 8:30 am

“Cheran is a pro-amnesty neocon, not a conservative.”

Personally I think the neocon label goes deeper. Its a farm league for what Taleb calls the ILI (intellectual leaders of ignorance). To leave a mark it is extremely hard to be heard over the baying din of the Left but much easier to do so on the Right. So you stake a claim, make offerings to the right idols of the Right then once on the cable TV circle pivot to the Left of Center. A classic example of that is the career of SE Culp.

7. 2018 February 27 8:37 am

Drudge has a red lede — Trump will run in 2020 for the Presidency.

Why not? So far he has creamed every Pol that has opposed him.

8. 2018 February 27 8:46 am

drdog09 #6 –

It’s important to remember that neocons are mostly social liberals. They agree with the Dems on virtually everything except a strong defense (as long as their children and grandchildren aren’t involved. Neocons want big government, amnesty, etc. – all the things liberals want other than defense.

9. 2018 February 27 8:51 am

10. 2018 February 27 8:52 am

#7 – Another flop\trolling siren from Drudge.

Now to get the blood boiling:

https://tinyurl.com/yd55mek8 (newsmax – spam filter did not like direct link)

11. 2018 February 27 8:57 am

For the second year in a row a transgendered girl (a boy who claims he’s a girl) won the Texas state girls 110 pound wrestling championship.

States like Kalifornia and Minnesota permitting boys to play on girls teams effectively ends girls sports.

12. 2018 February 27 9:01 am

11 – and got booed for winning the event in the account I read. lol

13. 2018 February 27 9:02 am

9 – When are CA students rallying NOT getting violent? Seems it’s more the rule than the exception these days.

14. 2018 February 27 9:22 am

On a fundamental level how does trans-gendered participation not run afoul of Title IX??

15. 2018 February 27 9:25 am

Cue, ‘Walking Back to Georgia’, Jim Croce — https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-27/merkel-finally-acknowledges-german-no-go-zones-vows-eliminate — So DE is going to offer a bribe to leave. What about ‘rinse and repeat’ by the illegal am I missing???

16. 2018 February 27 9:27 am

He claims be wanted to wrestle as a boy but the state high school athletic association wouldn’t let him. The state high school athletic association says it has no record of receiving the request from the transgender of its school.

17. 2018 February 27 10:03 am

drdog & KH…the Left always riots peacefully. Their mayhem is always done with the best of intentions and even the massacres they inspire are gentle and loving.

I hope I cleared that up for you. 🙂

18. 2018 February 27 10:07 am

Mark Steyn had a great recommendation last on Tucker re. the Texas girl/boy/it wrestler:

If you want to “transition” from boy-to-girl or girl-to-boy that’s fine…you are BARRED from all athletic endeavors during the process!

Problem solved. No steroidal freaks like in Texas…no “I think I’m a girl” freaks like in Alaska. You wanna “transition”…do it on your own time.

19. 2018 February 27 10:27 am

okay okay…it’s MSNBC. So anything they say is ludicrous by definition. Still…

On February 26, MSNBC Terror Analyst Malcolm Nance suggested that teachers are not ready to carry guns and that they would most likely be shot as police entered a building in the case of an attack.

I realize trying to reason with “Terror Analyst” Malcolm Nance is like trying to reason with the tree stump in my front yard…but here goes.

(1) as a teacher your odds of SURVIVING the terror attack INCREASE if you can do something other than throw erasers and MarksAlot pens at the terrorists. Maniacs like the moron in Florida are going to shoot at UNARMED people before they shoot at you…in fact they’ll RUN AWAY from you to find those unarmed people!
    (2) the Police will tell you to “Drop your weapon”…unless you’re shooting AT THEM. Which, unless you’re an idiot, you won’t be!

MSNBC is clearly appealing to the logically-impaired…which is, of course, their entire viewership!
    (3)

20. 2018 February 27 1:09 pm
    JBoz permalink

11, 12, 14, 16 – I heard it was a born a girl, but decided to be a boy and was taking hormones. Either way, a drugged up girl pretending to be a boy, or a boy pretending to be a girl…the deck is unfairly stacked for non-pervs.

21. 2018 February 27 1:30 pm

22. 2018 February 27 1:34 pm

CNN had an expert on talking about women teachers being unable to conceal guns because of skirts and dresses. My wife is a teachers’ aide and my daughter is a teacher. Female teachers haven’t worn skirts or dresses for 30 years.

23. 2018 February 27 1:43 pm

Not a good year for NBC.

Super Bowl viewership was down by 7% from last year and they shelled out $12 billion for long-tern Olympic coverage. Olympic viewership was down 24%. It’s a good thing JR was watching shuffleboard on ice or it would have been even worse.

Given many of the US athletes, I was hoping they would lose although I can confess that I didn’t watch a minute of coverage.

24. 2018 February 27 2:29 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

22, somebody posted a video of a girl in a non frumpy feminine outfit who pulls about 6 pieces of weaponry off her body in less than a minute. Amazing and excellent.

25. 2018 February 27 2:31 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

26. 2018 February 27 2:54 pm

Thx for posting the video, Jim.

The Left is screeching, in a VERY sexist manner, that female teachers can’t possibly carry a gun.

27. 2018 February 27 2:59 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Conservative home owner/landlord to sell CA homes and move to CO.

JR, yeah I love that ad!

28. 2018 February 27 3:13 pm

Long term the alphabet networks are toast. The younger generation wants on-demand. Well you can’t do that on a RF broadcast very well. Its why all of them have alternate cable based venues. Then there is the issue of viewership fragmentation. As the paying base of viewers get smaller and smaller the ability to pay big bucks for a venue is going to shrink.

What is going on in video is a replay of what has happened in the audio biz. There will never be a another Beatles that garner what today would be billions on their first record release. To many genres, too many outlets, multiple platforms to acquire it.

29. 2018 February 27 3:18 pm

By the way, fed court says the POTUS can waive enviro laws to build the border wall. More heads exploding in Libland.

30. 2018 February 27 3:28 pm

Then a Lib IS really stupid. A female has the perfect concealment device — her purse. Pick a style…..

My wife is 5’1″ all wet about 100#. Her purse weighs more than my computer bag. Damn ignorant Libs.

31. 2018 February 27 5:20 pm

Another “Dreamer”…who was on the MOST WANTED list for ICE, and has been deported FOUR TIMES and has done 15 years behind bars.

Yet the media is making him a poster-“child” for Open Borders.

32. 2018 February 27 6:08 pm

JR – sorry BUT I will not discuss with a LIBERAL.

Proverbs 26: 4-12

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
    Or you will also be like him.
    Answer a fool as his folly deserves,
    That he not be wise in his own eyes.
    He cuts off his own feet and drinks violence
    Who sends a message by the hand of a fool.
    Like the legs which [c]are useless to the lame,
    So is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
    Like [d]one who binds a stone in a sling,
    So is he who gives honor to a fool.
    Like a thorn which [e]falls into the hand of a drunkard,
    So is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
    [f]Like an archer who wounds everyone,
    So is he who hires a fool or who hires those who pass by.
    Like a dog that returns to its vomit
    Is a fool who repeats [g]his folly.
    Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?
    There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Liberal or Fool – one in the same to me.

33. 2018 February 27 7:06 pm

28\23 – FYI sort of related – If I heard right Comcast (who already owns nbc) is making a acquisition play now for SkyNews; apparently not satisfied with just misinforming americans they they’ve thrown an offer of I think it was 31Billion out on the table today. 😉

34. 2018 February 27 8:05 pm

4G to be deployed to the moon — https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/02/27/4g_found_on_moon/ — Next thing you know the Telcos will be jockeying for area code assignments. :0

35. 2018 February 27 9:17 pm

Drdog, that link in#35 literally made me say out load: “Come quickly Jesus”

36. 2018 February 27 9:30 pm

hoorah !!!

37. 2018 February 27 9:41 pm

IP, a win…for a change! Nice!

38. 2018 February 28 4:47 am
    JimNorCal permalink

IP, that’s funny!
    “A federal judge Donald Trump once denigrated for his “Mexican” heritage handed a big legal victory to the president on Tuesday by green-lighting his border wall with Mexico.
    U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel ruled in favor of the Trump Administration”

39. 2018 February 28 9:38 am

well now Dicks Sporting Goods is dead to me too.

I guess their name says it all!!

40. 2018 February 28 10:16 am

Parkland could have been alot worse. The perps gun jammed and he had 150 rounds left. — https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-28/not-clear-why-he-stopped-florida-shooter-had-180-rounds-left-his-ar-15 — Not a conspiracy type but this is starting to sound much like the LV event. The more your hear the less that can be believed.

41. 2018 February 28 10:19 am

Pizza Hut to become the official pizza joint for the NFL….. Ok stop laughing…. No seriously stop!

42. 2018 February 28 10:44 am

Agree. Dick’s is dead meat. I shop there a lot…. golf, camping, apparel, gifts. We have a dearth of retail here in Carteret County, but Dick’s was here for the sportsmen and others. I need to support my club pro and tackle shops anyway, so no loss.

I cannot believe understand these corporate suits pulling crap like this. Are we going down the road where we have a two party system of car rental agencies or banks or whatever. Corporations have no business doing politics or social justice. They’re going to lose half their customers.

Dumb.

43. 2018 February 28 10:53 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Yeah, a Dick’s just got opened nearby and I shopped a couple of times. No more.
    There’s plenty of other places nearby.

This is a great bit of new “street art” by Sabo. When all those puffball Oscar noms start going off on DJT in their speeches, they’ll have this evidence of their hypocrisy to face.

44. 2018 February 28 11:14 am

mullet,

They will lose more than half of their customers. The SJW types are not even 10% of the population.

45. 2018 February 28 11:14 am

DICKS is way overpriced anyway! And they’re DICKS.

46. 2018 February 28 11:15 am

Go Sabo!

47. 2018 February 28 11:29 am

Companies with more money than brains:

Papa John’s ended its NFL sponsorship as the Official Pizza of the NFL and Pizza Hut immediately signed up.

As most of you know, I love baseball and the Tigers (almost as much as I love the Cubs).

Comerica Bank has been the title sponsor of the Tigers stadium since it opened in 1999, but I have never considered moving my banking there because it purchased naming rights.

Convenience, price and quality is what I base purchase decisions on – whether it’s choosing a bank or buying a pizza.

48. 2018 February 28 11:31 am

We have a Dicks. But every time I go in there 2/3rds of the store is apparel. The balance is a limited quantity of everything else. Cabela’s has a better selection.

49. 2018 February 28 11:33 am

BC,

PH getting the sponsorship spot did make a decision for me — Never. Not that I frequent them but the school does. So if I have the choice I will make sure my dept is not buying their product. Like you say there are better choices.

50. 2018 February 28 11:45 am

Alternative to FB starting up — peoplesplace.us

51. 2018 February 28 12:46 pm

There was a time when I spend a lot of money at Dick’s (when my kids were playing soccer, baseball and softball). Always bought lacrosse stuff from lacrosse specialty stores. Dick’s has two groups of clients: outdoors people and soccer moms. There is another chain in Michigan (Dunham’s), which is more geared to the outdoors (although they also carry a full line of sporting goods). I cannot see Dunham’s doing this. They should pick up some business from Dick’s disgruntled customers.

When my kids were playing youth sports, Dick’s stores were far nicer than Dunham’s but Dunham’s has really improved their stores in the past 5-10 years.

52. 2018 February 28 12:50 pm

Drdog, I’ll go check that FB alternative out…is it live?

53. 2018 February 28 12:54 pm

JR, its in alpha right now. I have signed up and have an account.

54. 2018 February 28 1:05 pm

Oh please… — https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-28/teacher-custody-after-shots-fired-georgia-high-school — President suggest arming teachers. Progs object to that idea. Now a teacher is supposed to have fired shots. This is right out of the Prog playbook of self-deluded hoaxes to stop something. Just like the noose event, feces on the door, and the spray painted hate on the professors car.

55. 2018 February 28 5:31 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

The PeoplesPlace site looks interesting, thanks for posting

56. 2018 February 28 6:18 pm

Just watched the trump firearms round table. From the tenor of the meeting, it looks like he is selling us out. Raise the age to 21 to purchase or own a firearm, going after “assault style” rifles, universal background checks, gun show “loopholes” etc etc. Trump seemed amenable to the idea of such restrictions.

57. 2018 February 28 7:05 pm

IP – just like Amnesty. I hope he is doing the same on guns that he did on amnesty. Offer something BUT want something as well (CCW reciprocity nationwide) that will cause the Democrats to balk.

Lets wait and see.

58. 2018 February 28 7:08 pm

Wonder how many people think AR-15 is short for “assault rifle” rather than armalite rifle designed by…..wait for it…..
    The Armalite Company.

Shoulda called it a plastic rifle to at least get rid that 2×4 the gun controllers use every hour of the day.

59. 2018 February 28 7:25 pm

Field and Stream statement issued today……

“Today, Dick’s Sporting Goods announced major changes in how they sell guns in their retail locations, so we thought is was important to remind sportsmen that Field & Stream (the media brand) and Field and Stream (the sporting goods brand and retailer owned by Dick’s Sporting Goods) are in no way connected. We understand how that could be confusing for many, but it is the truth. The two brands are owned by different companies and are in no way related.

We also wanted to share this story because it’s news that affects hunters and recreational shooters.

Dick’s Sporting Goods announced that they will make the following changes regarding guns sales at all of their retail locations:

They will no longer sell “assault-style rifles”
    They will no longer sell any firearm to anyone under 21 years of age
    They will no longer sell high-capacity magazines
    They have not—and will never—sell bump stocks

In addition to these changes, their chairman and CEO, Edward W. Stack, also implored elected officials to enact “common sense gun reform” by passing the following regulations:

A ban on assault-style firearms
    Raise the minimum age to purchase a gun to 21
    Ban high-capacity magazines and bump stocks
    Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
    Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying guns
    Close the private-sale and “gun-show loophole” that waives the necessity of background checks

These changes will be implemented at all of Dick’s retail locations, as well as all 35 Field and Stream Shops—the retail chain owned by Dick’s that has no connection to us.”

60. 2018 February 28 7:59 pm

27 – CO already infested, so not sure what that person hopes to gain other than some lower taxes and little less insanity —- for now.

58 – His language around it is horrible, just like with DACA amnesty (which is still not playing out how any of us want) he’s playing with fire that he shouldn’t be playing with, all these clips, they’re gonna add up in the next campaign, your average voter ain’t gonna ‘get’ the gamesmanship – if that’s actually what it is, and frankly I’m not convinced it’s all gamesmanship (though some of it was obvious with daca). Stupid comments like raising the age to 21 … look at wallmart now… doing do just that I read tonight.

Side note, why the fuck does Sessions still have a job? I understand the ‘troubles’ that come with that, but grow some balls already and get on with it, he’s not going to resign like you want him too Donald, and better to get it over with before mid-term season really gets going.

You can only tweet so much about your underlings shit job (I assume to prod them) and repeated ineptitude on multiple front before I stop blaming the subordinate and start blaming the person who’s moaning but doesn’t remove\replace the person when they can. I mean is he just saving that for a news week when he wants to change the topic? Meanwhile tick mother fking tock… times a wasting and nothing much changing at doj swamp. Been a year on the following things with zero results other than ‘talk’, sac.cities and funding cuts…all talk no action, sac cities asshole officials clearly opening themselves up to federal charges… no action thus far.. only mild talk, voter fraud zero action, that’s before we even get the litany of insanity surrounding pre jan 2017 things that need full investigations complete with prosecutions.

61. 2018 February 28 8:16 pm

mullet – saw over on zerohedge that Dicks was not performing well with their gun sales. Some over there thought it was a more PR stunt since they have not done well with AR or regular gun sales.

Also, I remember seeing that they estimate that there are over 19 Million AR’s in the public’s hands. Not going to get that genie back in the bottle. Plus, you have a gun that goes bang to get one that goes bang-bang-bang-bang.

Saw over on Ar15.com that they believe panic buying is setting in again given “Ban” talk. Went over to the local go to gun store (Vances) to see what is happening. On their web site, quite a few AR15’s are out of stock and many of the lowers are out of stock too.

These incidents just cause more people to buy. And it is not just us on the right. many in the middle are starting to see what is really going on and they are arming up to.

62. 2018 February 28 8:19 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

KH, 61, trust me. No matter how infested CO is … CA (in the Pacific coastal enclaves is much worse. There’s new evidence of it each day, sadly.

Still, even here, when you walk down the street probably 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 of the people you pass by voted for DJT. So there is that.

63. 2018 February 28 8:36 pm

Speaking of guns, anybody see a good quality SVT-40 for around 10 C notes let me know. Prefer 7.62x54r bore. And if I have the chance to be picky, Tula stamped.

64. 2018 February 28 9:04 pm

62 vances? on clev ave???

65. 2018 February 28 9:13 pm

I wanted to chew the TV remote control in half. This creep believes the State OWNS your children…and you have NO SAY in the matter! He couched it in frilly words…but the essence came thru.

66. 2018 March 1 5:20 am

Don’t need bump stocks if you are this guy — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyIq9FdTgwM