Confused? That’s the Defense?

2018 March 25
by drdog09

On March 16, I spent the day with my family waiting to hear whether I would be fired, after 21 years in the FBI and one day before I qualified for my long-planned, earned retirement.

As day turned to night, I had a lot of time to reflect on how it would feel to be separated from the organization I loved — and led — and the mission that has been the central focus of my professional life. Despite all the preparation for the worst-case scenario, I still felt disoriented and sick to my stomach. Around 10 p.m., a friend called to tell me that CNN was reporting that I had been fired. She read me the attorney general’s statement.

So, after two decades of public service, I found out that I had been fired in the most disembodied, impersonal way — third-hand, based on a news account. Shortly after getting word, I noticed an email from a Justice Department official in my work account, telling me that I had been “removed from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the civil service.”

I have been accused of “lack of candor.” That is not true. I did not knowingly mislead or lie to investigators. When asked about contacts with a reporter that were fully within my power to authorize as deputy director, and amid the chaos that surrounded me, I answered questions as completely and accurately as I could. And when I realized that some of my answers were not fully accurate or may have been misunderstood, I took the initiative to correct them. At worst, I was not clear in my responses, and because of what was going on around me may well have been confused and distracted — and for that I take full responsibility. But that is not a lack of candor. And under no circumstances could it ever serve as the basis for the very public and extended humiliation of my family and me that the administration, and the president personally, have engaged in over the past year.

Source

So McCabe wishes us to believe that the rationale for his ‘errors’ was distraction and confusion. There a lot of defendants that would love to have used that as their defense Andy. Didn’t work for them which is why you went to the Court of Public Opinion to state your case. As to humiliation to tell the truth the OPR was kind to you by directing simple discharge. That is certainly a better outcome than being perp walked out of the FBI in cuffs on the way to arraignment with a bevy of jurnos in tow. Would you not agree?

As to confusion as a defense. I can almost buy it. Look at what you were doing —

* Coordinating a conflict of interest cover so your wife could run for state senate and you keep your job.
* At the same time accept a quid pro quo on behalf of your wife to the tune of $700k.
* Wiping your nose clean out of Comey’s ass.
* Coordinating a coup against a duly elected POTUS.
* Actually doing your job that you were assigned to do.

All of that IS a lot of effort. Especially the coup, that is a full time job itself, as Lenin can attest.

Truth be told though Andy, we have been kind to you. The fact you are not wearing orange every day is proof of that. Bottom line — Bugger Off.

1. 2018 March 25 8:11 am

Every convict in prison should be rattling the bars to his or her cell today, screaming:

I was just CONFUSED!!!! I want a new trial!!

2. 2018 March 25 8:20 am

The FBI has become increasingly like the KGB because of people like Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Strzok and Page. Their function seems to have transformed from protecting the citizens to controlling the citizens.

Closing question Mr. McCabe: Why did your wife receive $700 thousand to campaign for a low-level state legislature post?

3. 2018 March 25 8:24 am

Exactly.

Would be interesting to read the FEC report on that monies.

4. 2018 March 25 8:28 am

JR –

From the previous thread. I should have known it was a mistake to invite a girl to play in your tourney. If you remember, TLS kicked our butts in football in the olden times (3-4 years ago) when the NFL was relevant to us.

5. 2018 March 25 8:32 am

6. 2018 March 25 9:01 am

Bc3b, my wife routinely kicks my butt in the NCAA pool. This may be the first year she doesn’t …maybe. 🙂

7. 2018 March 25 9:02 am

Parents of Texas Muslim girl pour hot oil on her after she refuses arranged marriage:

Don’t expect CNN to cover this.

8. 2018 March 25 9:39 am

Report: McCabe to be criticized in Inspector General’s report:

9. 2018 March 25 10:48 am

BC,

I would add another person in the FBI who needs to be castigated — Mueller.

* Was associated with the Waco tragedy.
    * Was principal investigator of the Atlanta bombing screw up.
    * Was FBI director during the Anthrax bombings. Was subsequently replaced, aka demoted.
    * Now he is a SP on what is clearly a nothing investigation.

The man’s career is a rolling disaster. Save for his civil service cover he should have never survived employment past Waco.

10. 2018 March 25 11:09 am

Liberty Daily asks why McCabe has not received the Flynn treatment.

11. 2018 March 25 11:13 am

http://www.thelibertydaily.com is great. Haven’t visited Drudge in months.

12. 2018 March 25 2:02 pm

Joni Ernst is typical Republican senator – ran as a conservative, makes sharp left after being elected. To Ernst’s credit, she did vote against Omnibus.

13. 2018 March 25 2:16 pm
    Eph permalink

So did the idiot from CA. Just sayin…

14. 2018 March 25 2:17 pm
    Eph permalink

Wanna bet Kelli Ward does the same??

15. 2018 March 25 2:28 pm

That youg’n has a future ahead of him. Based on his age he’s a GenZ.

16. 2018 March 25 2:52 pm

Calpers, Costa Mesa style — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP9ki8u33Mc

17. 2018 March 25 3:05 pm

I doubt Kelli Ward will. She has fought the establishment for a long time. Blackburn (TN) also has a strong track record as a pro-life conservative.

What are your options? 85-year old Sheriff Joe, who would be the oldest member of the Senate, and John McCain in a pants suit.

RINOs appealed to Sheriff Joe’s ego to ensure McSally wins.

18. 2018 March 25 3:28 pm
    fight on permalink

Eph,
    McSally will go full Rino. I don’t think Kelli Ward will.

Have not seen any polling on the AZ race. Any update?

19. 2018 March 25 5:16 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

A commenter on PL:
    “This was all planned out ahead of time.
    Pass the bill they day before the deadline for a government shut down.
    The Senate sent the bill in one vote short of an override. They wanted to send a message to Trump while allowing themselves to pretend otherwise. If you look at who voted nay you would see they had plenty of votes to override. And look at what sleazy Ryan did. the House voted 217 to 2o7, just enough to pass it. But they also had enough votes to override.”

20. 2018 March 25 5:16 pm

Hopefully the Marines did not have to press ‘1’ for english…..