Hypocrisy on Parade

2019 January 5

If leftists/elitists (often the same) didn’t have hypocrisy, they wouldn’t have have anything at all.

Barack Obama now opposes a border wall. Yet he lives in a mansion in suburban Washington that is protected by a series of walls.

The Daily Caller traveled to Obama’s D.C. neighborhood to find out if the “10-foot wall” existed. What did we find? Obama does not have one wall. He has many. He has barricades. He has armed guards entirely blocking the suburban road where he lives. Multiple cement and iron barricades block the road leading up to the Obama mansion. A Secret Service car and agent keep people from entering the stretch of road on both ends approximately 1,000 feet in both directions.

See more (with video)

But, when it comes to hypocrisy, no one can touch Nancy Pelosi. This time around, she claims to be representing St. Francis. The border wall isn’t a political issue, it’s a moral issue. I find it hard to believe St. Francis would be too happy with the tens of millions of babies whose murder Pelosi so enthusiastically supports.

Then, there’s global warming, climate change or whatever they plan to call it in 2019.

“We must also face the existential threat of our time;climate crisis — a crisis manifested in natural disasters of epic proportions,” threat of our time:Pelosi said. “The American people understand the urgency. The people are ahead of the Congress. The Congress must join them.”

She pledged the chamber will have “debate and advance good ideas no matter where they come from,” adding that the “inaction and denial of science that threaten the planet and the future,” is why Congress must act. It’s also why she recreated the House select committee on climate change, a similar committee she had when she was speaker from 2007 to 2011, and appointed Democrat Kathy Castor to head it.

Remember the last time Pelosi was Speaker? She used the Air Force equivalent of a Boeing 757 to commute from her San Francisco home to Washington, leaving a huge carbon footprint and wasting fuel compared to a smaller private jet in the government’s fleet. Why did she need a huge plane? The smaller jets couldn’t make the trip without stopping to refuel.

So this is the “existential threat of our time,” but Nutty Nancy can’t spend 30-45 minutes to battle it. Like Al Gore, Barbara Streisand, Leonardo DiCapprio, John Kerry, Prince Charles and Francis the Marxist – all “save the planet” advocates -sacrifices are for the little people, not the elites.

Hat tips: dailycaller.com and Newsweek

1. 2019 January 6 1:09 am

Color night vision is here, I knew it was coming but this is more vivid than previous tech I’d seen some years back.

2. 2019 January 6 5:05 am

3. 2019 January 6 7:04 am

Labeling Democrats as ‘Hypocrites’ is like labeling water as ‘Wet’…it assumed.

4. 2019 January 6 7:06 am

Everyone seems to be in such a hurry to scream ‘prejudice’ these days…

A customer asked, “In what aisle can I find the Polish sausage?”

The clerk asks, “Are you Polish?”

The guy, clearly offended, says, “Yes I am. But let me ask you something. If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian? Or if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican? Or if I asked for some Whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?”

The clerk says, “No, I probably wouldn’t.”

The guy says, “Well then, because I asked for Polish sausage, why did you ask me if I’m Polish?”

The clerk replied, “Because you’re in Ace Hardware.

5. 2019 January 6 7:08 am

good article…but then EVERY government agency got corrupted under Obama,,,and they pretty much all still are!

6. 2019 January 6 8:49 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Recent changes to Posse Commitatis and side discussion of Waco. Beyond my legal abilities

7. 2019 January 6 9:10 am

drdog, in re. #6…I do believe there will be massive new “leaks” that SHOULD damage the Dems and the Deep State. Sadly, I KNOW that the media will yawn them away.

8. 2019 January 6 9:43 am

Post 9, as will the great unwashed.

9. 2019 January 6 10:59 am
    JimNorCal permalink

This is disappointing.

“To close out the week, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) indicated that Trump could expect no assistance from the Senate in overcoming the deadlock over the funding of the wall and reopening the government. There were also some ruminations in the press about McConnell being unable to guarantee that Trump’s nominees will get confirmed—despite the GOP having even greater control over the Senate than it previously held.”

10. 2019 January 6 11:19 am

Jim, 8,

Not wishing to disappoint, but the ‘update’ is on the report of the nature of the Insurrection Laws. But is not an update to the laws themselves. Congress has made no changes in that regard in years. The twitter churn made me laugh that there was that much concern over a congressional report detailing no changes in the laws themselves!

I’ll save the whole “why the national guard is not the militia” for another time.

11. 2019 January 6 11:33 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Thanks for the clarification, drdog!

12. 2019 January 6 11:52 am

No Prob. But your note on 11 has me pissed. McConnell is acting like our votes, aka our directives, do not matter.

13. 2019 January 6 12:10 pm

14. 2019 January 6 1:21 pm
    Eph permalink

11. Would not be surprised if Biden declares very soon. Dims going in for the kill early.

15. 2019 January 6 5:08 pm

14 – In case you have not noticed…. they don’t matter, GOP has made that very very clear for over a decade now in increasingly obvious ways.

16 – Could be, and despite all the jokes I think Biden would be more problematic than some others for Trump.

16. 2019 January 6 7:39 pm

Noticed the Sears liquidation looks to be back on.

On a slightly more positive note –

More Gen-Z are opting out of the college racket.

17. 2019 January 6 8:16 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

14, drdog, as KH says, they successfully staved off the Tea Party uprising and retained control. Mitch, Mitt, Jeb and all the rest no doubt are hoping and scheming to do the same … with help from Dems and the MSM as needed.

There was a grass roots, pro-Wall rally in MO a few days back in support of Trump and all of us Deplorables. I read the crowd size was small but there are other grass roots rallies upcoming.

The “GoFundMe” Trump Wall fund raiser keeps chugging along. It will never reach a Billion Bucks, of course. But it continues to hit decent numbers of participants.

It passed a quarter million donors a long time ago and is now up to 322K. Every few days there are a few thousand more people pledging to donate a few bucks.

Take a look at the Recent Donations section on the right hand side. This is, IMO, the grass roots. These are our people.

18. 2019 January 6 8:21 pm
    Eph permalink

17. I think Biden/Beto wins easily.

Biden ain’t Billary

19. 2019 January 6 8:21 pm

The GenZ article meets the mark. My Cyber and Networking programs are good examples. 40% wash out, 30% go into welding or IPC (industrial Power controls). The rest if they make it past the second semester have about 60-70% of landing a job before they graduate. The IPC grads are the techs that build and maintain large power substations. After 2 yrs most are making $100k.

We have also had inquiries by headhunters of late for semiconductor techs for clean rooms. Kinda surprised me as I am not aware that we have any fab shops in the Dallas area.

20. 2019 January 6 8:26 pm

Only works if Biden can keep his nose out of women’s hairline, which I tend to doubt. But for real laughs how about Biden/AOC? 🙂 Biden can sniff her hair the entire campaign season.

The whole democratic party looks like a full clown car missing a driver. Me suspects the bigger problem will come from Trump’s own party via a serious challenger.

21. 2019 January 6 8:27 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Senators Mike Lee and a couple of others stand firm.
    Chai Feldblum, gay activist, ousted from EEOC.
    Feldblum’s renomination failed because she was too candid about one aspect of her radicalism. She famously said:

There can be a conflict between religious liberty and sexual liberty, but in almost all cases the sexual liberty should win because that’s the only way that the dignity of gay people can be affirmed in any realistic manner. . . .

22. 2019 January 6 8:29 pm
    Eph permalink

22. DR,

I don’t think Trump will get a challenge bc the GOP will have no problem with Biden. Specifically the pro abort, pro gay wing of the GOP.

23. 2019 January 6 8:30 pm
    Eph permalink

The only issue is so the dims win the Senate too?

And will it matter????

24. 2019 January 6 8:44 pm

“I’m having a hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty should win.”

Gee how about this b$^ch — “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; …” — 1st Amend.

Fact this would be an interesting situation. EEOC gets embroiled in a 1st Amend religious case and side with the gays. Trump could legitimately invoke the Insurrection Acts (thanks Jim) against his own government — “§ 253.

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; …”

I would be LMAO if that ever happened. The entire EEOC locked up on grounds for failure to disperse. A nice alt-history novella could be made out of that one.

25. 2019 January 6 8:46 pm

Eph, 24,

As you state your case, yes I agree. However I think the Deep-Staters and the Never Trumpers want a Plan A to knock him out early. Biden would be Plan B.

26. 2019 January 6 8:54 pm

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/julian-castro-cites-90-percent-tax-on-rich-in-defending-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-on-tax-hikes — Dims are having a bidding war on what the top tax rate will be.

The only people who will be destroyed by such thinking is high earning Sub S and Proprietors. Wall Street will skate as the rules are set for them, most of their income streams are distributions not W-2 wages. Great way to ruin an economy.

27. 2019 January 6 9:03 pm

This is funny — https://youtu.be/xH56NQRWyaA — The French bureaucrat calls for restraint. His problem is that most of the Gendarmes have joined the yellow jackets. The police issued restraint because they are on the YJ’s side.

28. 2019 January 7 7:14 am

good article about the new Princess of the Absurd.

29. 2019 January 7 7:26 am
    JimNorCal permalink

One by one, GOPe drop by the wayside

Tennessee US Sen. Lamar Alexander will not seek re-election in 2020

30. 2019 January 7 7:45 am

CW2.0 won’t occur until the Left reclaims the White House. And THEY will start it.

31. 2019 January 7 8:04 am

Justice Ginsburg is missing Supreme Court arguments first time ever. Reportedly, she is working from home recuperating from lung cancer surgery. No word from her personal trainer, or her Peloton regimen.

32. 2019 January 7 9:31 am
    fight on permalink

Got this from a friend. A sad but true poem.

ILLEGAL POEM

Welfare checks,
    They make you wealthy,
    Medicaid
    It keep you healthy!

By and by,
    Got plenty money,

Thanks to you; TAXPAYER dummy.

Write to friends

If they no like us,
    They can go,
    Got lots of room
    In Mexico.

33. 2019 January 7 9:33 am

drdog09 –

Couldn’t agree more. The super rich will ensure that any legislation has “loopholes” to protect them (or they will just move their money off shore).

They have far more options than the owner of Hometown Hardware.

34. 2019 January 7 9:40 am

Fight On #34 –

Very true. Leftist groups, including the Catholic Church (of which I am a member) are always crying about illegals, but they have no problem with veterans waiting forever for medical treatment. The worst was McCain, who had one of the worst (and most corrupt) VA hospitals in his state.

35. 2019 January 7 9:59 am

Only thing I can say is — Yep. Got your preps ready??

I am having to prepare myself mentally for the mass graves that will be required as we transition post CW2.

36. 2019 January 7 10:09 am

For everyone’s consideration —

Remember my motto — “He who eats, lives.”

37. 2019 January 7 10:10 am

Can’t find a thread I read over the weekend, but a man turned in a bunch of old, worthless guns and bought a lethal gun with the money he received in the buy-back.

38. 2019 January 7 10:39 am

It’s great to see that Fox News is on top of things. We only posted this about two weeks ago:

39. 2019 January 7 11:01 am

40. 2019 January 7 11:42 am

Wanting a 90% tax rate doesn’t mean that trump would sign it.