The “Golden” Globes

2019 January 7
by justrand

I haven’t watched an “Award” show (Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, etc) in several years.

And even before Christian Bale thanked SATAN at last night’s Golden Globes, I had started to wonder what I was missing these last few years.

As it happens I had to take my dog to the vet today. And while I was there I was reminded of what I have been missing in all these “Award” shows.

For although my dog is not in the picture attached…he and the other dogs did EXACTLY this at the Vet’s. A four legged recreation of the Golden Globes!

Instead of watching the Oscars next month…just hang out in the waiting room of your local veterinarian. The dogs are MUCH more civilized!!

1. 2019 January 7 11:44 am

While I agree it was tasteless, Bale thanked Satan for allowing him to play the role of Dick Cheney.

I will be the last person in the world to defend globalist, neocon, RINO Dick Cheney. Cheney represents much of what’s wrong with the US and the GOP.

It’s one thing to dodge the draft. It’s another to become a chicken hawk after you’ve dodged the draft. Lots of Americans died or permanently disabled because of the advice Cheney gave “W.”

Now Liz Cheney, the lone representative from Wyoming (a state she hadn’t resided in since middle school), is attacking Trump for pulling US troops from Syria. To the best of my knowledge, none of Liz’s military-age kids are in the Armed Forces.

2. 2019 January 7 11:49 am

I’m not as forgiving of good old “Christian” Bale as you are, bc3b.

hey…I’m DEPLORABLE!

3. 2019 January 7 12:06 pm

4. 2019 January 7 12:07 pm

JR –

I’m deplorable too, but you know how I despise the elites.

In most first world countries (the US, Canada, Britain, France, Italy, etc.), the biggest battle today is between the elites and the peons.

If anyone is an elitist, it’s Dick Cheney. Bale is just too f^cking dumb to realize that he and Dick Cheney are actually on the same side. If you gave both a survey, you’d find their answers matched 80%+ of the time (global government, open borders, same sex marriage, abortion, etc.).

I’m long past defending Establishment Republicans who don’t deserve to be defended.

5. 2019 January 7 12:10 pm

Potus doing prime time address tomorrow night about emergency condition at border….9pm, about flipping time.

6. 2019 January 7 12:10 pm

thanks for video, IP…though I already knew that Muslims were INSANE!!

I am pleasantly surprised that they ushered the nutjob out!!! do you know what happened next?…if so please post.

7. 2019 January 7 12:11 pm

KH, I pray that he lays it out clearly, and lays it in the Democrats lap!!!!!

8. 2019 January 7 12:16 pm

ip727 –

Now you’ve done it – offending the followers of the Pedophile Warlord.

9. 2019 January 7 12:40 pm

The Weekly Standard is making a comeback with a new name – Bulwark (same old wh0re with a new dress), funded by an anti-American Iranian billionaire:

10. 2019 January 7 12:45 pm

7 – Yeah, though in all honesty I’m fully expecting yet another wasted opportunity, especially cause it mentioned it will be live. A taped or partly-taped Perot style recap of the situation for the avg American, followed by an announcement of decisive action is in order, but I’m not expecting such.

11. 2019 January 7 1:22 pm

“do you know what happened next?…if so please post.”

‘And the band played on ….’

Sorry, that spun in my head as soon as I saw it and then your post. I will bless the pygmies in Borneo later….

12. 2019 January 7 1:32 pm

There was a perceived ‘threat’ so the Barney Fife shot the ‘threat’ — http://www.captainsjournal.com/2019/01/06/the-split-second-life-and-death-decisions-leos-make-every-day/

Now one has to ask one’s self, does this qualify? Second, if you agree it does not, then is it reasonable that then Barney Fife in question should be in the unemployment line?

13. 2019 January 7 1:41 pm

14. 2019 January 7 1:45 pm

drdog09 #12

On the other side of the equation, I recently read the number of law enforcement officers killed on duty is up 12% over 2017 and for the first time in several years the number of officers killed by gunfire has exceeded the number killed in traffic accidents. Also, applicants for LEO positions is down; a smaller pool of candidates means less qualified officers.

Had the dog been a pit bull, I would have had no complaint and I love dogs (but I love children more).

15. 2019 January 7 2:08 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

JR, love the photo and the analogy!

16. 2019 January 7 2:10 pm

This should come as no surprise: Mia Love signs on at CNN:

So when will CNN or MSNBC announce the signing of Flake and Ryan?

17. 2019 January 7 2:18 pm

Hmm. My gut kinda discounts the Cops killed > auto accidents. Autos are the 2nd or 3rd leading cause of all deaths and PoPo are not even in the top 10 of deadly occupations. But I could be convinced.

18. 2019 January 7 2:45 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I get all the angst about Liz Cheney.
    But this is funny.
    Liz Cheney on Twitter: “Satan probably inspired him to do this, too. Christian Bale arrested for ‘assault on mother and sister’| The Independent. https://t.co/kesnNno9Zv” / Twitter

19. 2019 January 7 2:47 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

No surprise. I’m half expecting Flake and Ryan to follow.

“Former Utah Republican Congresswoman Mia Love has landed a job with CNN as a political commentator. “

20. 2019 January 7 2:50 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I’m assuming that CNN and all the other media giants are all-in to help Mitt, Mitch, McCarthy, Karl Rove and the others to “take back” the GOP.

21. 2019 January 7 5:18 pm

They can rename it the the Roll Over Party.

12 – As for the popo I’m all out of sympathy on that one, and nearly every time I hear ‘for my safety’ etc it’s like a glaring red alarm that goes off in my head that the person is full of shit, or too timid for the job, which is NOT for everyone. Sad part is if not for the video, nobody would even be giving it a second thought.

14 – Maybe or maybe some that shouldn’t be applying in the first place are finding employment elsewhere.

22. 2019 January 7 6:01 pm

Anti-Semitism isn’t “breaking out” among the Democrats, it is at the core of what they are!

23. 2019 January 7 6:34 pm

Of interest perhaps to those in Cali, not like it’s news but you can bet in the end your rates are going up.

24. 2019 January 7 7:10 pm

25. 2019 January 7 7:22 pm

25 – Good, now where are the charges, a citizen doing that to a k-9 would be charged with attempted murder, not that agree with that (treating k-9’s as officers)…but just saying.

26. 2019 January 7 7:43 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

heh. Homicides dropped …. 0%

They just did a buyback here in Baltimore. Homicides dropped about 0% .
    — Eric Bauman (@RacerXX33) January 7, 2019

“I had 3… they’re in that guy’s car,” Nonesuch told the man, who handed over the $300 without confirming or inspecting the guns for himself. … I’d like to congratulate the Democrats who came up with this program. Not only did I get some hefty police overtime, but they helped ensure that broken guns came off the street… and some sexy new pistols made it back onto them.

27. 2019 January 7 8:16 pm

KH – #23

“Again and again, the AfD is the focus of left-wing attacks that are not condemned or even supported by the other parties,” reads the post. “Today is a black day for democracy in Germany.”

People, keep your head on a swivel. this is what the left does. By any means necessary.

drdog – thus why you have to have no remorse when it comes to the left.

Think of the “3 Musketeers” with Gene Kelly, Van Heflin, Lana Turner and June Allyson. Remember how Lana Turner is left to the control of June. Lana plays repentant, remorseful and sorry. And as soon as June lets her guard down, Lana kills her.

Just remember this when it comes to the left – “no quarter”.