Which Is the Greatest Threat to America?

2021 April 13

Political correctness or a totally dishonest media?

Political correctness is dangerous as it prevents people from discussing their true feelings on issues. For example, we keep hearing about the need to have a national discussion on race. A discussion is the last thing proponents want; they want a monologue with actual issues contributing to inequality “embargoed.” There can be no discussions on how the 77% illegitimacy rate, high drop rates, high crime in black areas, particularly black-on-black crime, affect equality.

Then we have a truly dishonest media – 60 Minutes interview with Governor Ron DeSantis was the latest glaring example. CBS had a single issue agenda – destroy DeSantis, who could be a very formidable Republican presidential candidate in 2024 through lies, distortions and omissions. 60 Minutes tried to link Publix selection as COVID vaccination centers to a $100,000 campaign contribution. They purposely buried facts like DeSantis worked with Democratic officials who all agreed Publix was a logical choice because the chain has so many stores throughout the state of Florida. DeSantis has had better results combatting COVID than than lock-down states like New York and California, while opening Florida’s restaurants, theaters, sporting events, etc.

The left, including their media partners see Governor DeSantis as a major threat and they are working proactively to “take him out” three years prior to the 2024 campaign.

Today’s media is no different than the Soviet-era Pravda – a party organ, lies, distortions, twisting the truth until it’s no longer the truth, coverups, etc. The major difference is Pravda staffers lied because they had to. Today’s media whores, like Leslie Stahl, lie simply because they want to.

No one works harder to create divisions among Americans that the US media.

1. 2021 April 13 12:16 pm

CNN Producer falls into Project Veritas trap. He admits CNN’s primary focus was to get Trump out of office and the network’s next big push will be climate change as COVID will go away.

Seven minutes worth watching:

2. 2021 April 13 12:31 pm
    Eph permalink

““[T]hose in need of an abortion or miscarriage management ”

What woman NEEDS an abortion????

3. 2021 April 13 12:32 pm
    Eph permalink

1 BC

News flash… Wuhan aint going away.

4. 2021 April 13 12:44 pm
    Eph permalink

Cheat2024 will make Cheat2020 look like a church gathering.

5. 2021 April 13 1:27 pm
    mpt permalink

Regarding political correctness, I got into it this morning with my wife when I made a snide comment that the cop in Minneapolis who thought she was shooting a tazer rather than a gun was probably a diversity hire. Being called on it by my wife, I went on to say it is only common sense that a woman police office is more likely to rely on a weapon when in a stressful situation than a burly male cop. Sheesh, did I dig myself in deep. It was probably saying it was “common sense”.

Anyone know if there are stats to back up my assertion? Not that I think it will get me out of the dog house. Facts don’t matter when political correctness is involved.

6. 2021 April 13 1:42 pm

mpt –

Sleeping in the garage this time of the year isn’t that bad. Now, if it was February in Michigan ….

7. 2021 April 13 1:53 pm

8. 2021 April 13 2:15 pm

I would change #7 to “You’ve Got to Prove You Got What it Takes”

9. 2021 April 13 2:17 pm

As to the question posed by the OP.

The most dangerous thing to this country is the 45% of the population that thinks they can ride on the freebies provided by the other 55%.

10. 2021 April 13 2:27 pm

11. 2021 April 13 2:29 pm

mpt – stop digging while you have the time.

BTW, she was a 25 year veteran and had been a TRAINING OFFICER.

12. 2021 April 13 3:16 pm

Politically correct totally dishonest media .

13. 2021 April 13 3:39 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I vote for biased media being the biggest problem.

14. 2021 April 13 4:22 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

PRP, are you planning to pick up any shares of CoinBase tomorrow?
    Or will only the insiders make money

15. 2021 April 13 4:54 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Also, PRP (or anyone) do you have any emerging markets investments that seem solid?

16. 2021 April 13 4:56 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

A bit of data on the J&J vaccine “pause”

“Incidentally, Dr. Campbell points out that isolated cases of blood clots among Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccinees seem to occur primarily in younger women taking oral contraceptives.”
    I read that J&J had partnered with AZ so I’m thinking it could be related.

17. 2021 April 13 5:11 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Not buying overpriced conebase like. I remain skeptical of tech valuations at the moment. I will buy some tech if the 10 year surges up and smashes the nasdaq. Hedgeye has a risk range for the 10 year, and we are very much on the low end of that meaning I expect rates to rise soon. That’s just from a short term perspective.
    From a intermediate or longer time frame rates remain in a bull market on top of the short term bullishness for rates.

Like i said im scared of tech from a long term intermediate time frame plus on top of that a short term.

Im just kind of watching EEM at the moment. I own some india, some south korea, some australia (it’s a commodity country) but not in huge amounts. i do own a lot of tsmc but if china invades that is gone.

Singapore remains really interesting to me but i dont own it.

18. 2021 April 13 5:12 pm

“Coinbase” that is….

19. 2021 April 13 5:14 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

One of reasons i bought nvda last year was because i was so bullish crypto, but i didnt really feel comfortable all in one thing.

20. 2021 April 13 5:20 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Right now im very long traditional financials bc of the rising rates. Ill probably just ride those until something breaks and then move back to their fintech competitors arkF, SQ.

It’s such as easy trade bc again the model for all banks is borrow short and lend long. Aka borrow at zero (rates locked) and lend at the 20 or 30 year rate. The spread keeps widening.

21. 2021 April 13 5:24 pm

Thanks, PRP.

Meanwhile CNN lives up to the charges in bc3b’s blog post.
    Leaked Video Shows CNN Director Admits Matt Gaetz Stories Are Democrat Propaganda.

“Chester then admits, “So we’re going to keep running these stories to keep hurting him and make it so that it can’t be buried and just like settled outside court just and like, you know, if we keep pushing that, it’s helping us (CNN).”

The news comes one day after CNN published demonstrably false information about Rep. Gaetz soliciting a meeting with President Trump. No meeting was sought, and both parties denied it, but CNN – true to Chester’s words – kept the story on its front page for 24 hours.”

22. 2021 April 13 5:25 pm
    mpt permalink

stop digging while you have the time.

Too late. 🙁

Something to note. My wife admits she has NEVER seen me be overtly racist, sexist, or disrespectful without good cause to any other person in the nearly 40 years we have been together. I honestly try to treat everyone the same as how I wanted to be treated — with respect and given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. However, because I believe that men are better suited for certain occupations and women for others I’m a sexist. Because I point out factual racial components of various crime statistics I’m a racist. Because I don’t support gay marriage, I’m a homophobe. Why is my opinion on abstract matters is more important and defining than how I actually behaive and treat others on a day-in-day-out basis?

No wonder we are at each other’s throats in the country.

23. 2021 April 13 5:46 pm

mpt – sorry to hear.

Like you, I try to treat people the way I want to be treated. The old golden rule. And that is what I am going to do.

If that is not good enough, too bad. There is only one Entity (God – I know you have your doubts) that I have to please. All else can go pound sand.

For those people that believe I am a sexist, racist and/or homophobe – you really wont like me.

24. 2021 April 13 5:46 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Why long term these old financials are bad bets though….

25. 2021 April 13 5:59 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

This ark presentation a year ago was really good on fintech

26. 2021 April 13 7:21 pm

This is my school district 🙁 🙁

A couple of snips. There’s lots more.
    Santa Clara County Office of Education denounces the United States as a “parasitic system” based on the “invasion” of “white male settlers” and encourages teachers to “cash in on kids’ inherent empathy” in order to recruit them into political activism.

The panelists advised local teachers to hide this political program from administrators and parents. “District guidelines and expectations are barriers,” said one panelist. “[We] have to be extra careful … now that we’re in people’s homes [because of remote learning].”

A full article is linked here

27. 2021 April 13 7:45 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

25, compare Shep Smith as an interviewer to, say, David Lin on Kitco. OMG, Shep is an idiot.

28. 2021 April 13 8:41 pm

29. 2021 April 13 10:21 pm
    mpt permalink

Looks like the NCAA is going the way of MLB.

The NCAA is ready to pull collegiate events from states that don’t support transgender athletes.

This comes as an Oklahoma House panel recently advanced a bill that would keep transgender athletes from playing on girls’ and women’s teams. The bill could impact the Women’s College World Series that is expected to start this June in Oklahoma City.

30. 2021 April 13 11:24 pm

I’ll go with totally dishonest media for 1000$ Alex, though the two are closely related.

22 – Surprise level: zero. Second video tonight\tomorrow: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/james-okeefe-teases-explosive-second-cnn-video-release-announces-project-veritas-will-sue-cnn-video/

31. 2021 April 13 11:32 pm

That daily rate is going to add up quickly and eventually reach $86,947,271.04, the amount of the contract that the Biden administration awarded to a nonprofit group last month on behalf of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Exactly 1,239 beds at seven hotels located in Arizona and Texas have been rented out for 199 days, or six and a half months. The federal contract dubs the hotels as “emergency family reception sites” where families will be held up to three days before being released into the United States, with or without documents mandating they appear in court down the road.

Texas-based Family Endeavors was given an $87 million no-bid contract in March to house families even as a massive family residential center in Texas sits mostly vacant as the Biden administration opts to release families quickly into the U.S. rather than detaining them the maximum 20 days permitted.

Hotels holding families are overseen by the Family Endeavors nonprofit group and are not required to be licensed because they are not holding people more than 72 hours.

$ $ $

32. 2021 April 14 2:23 am

Big Corporations Now Deploying Woke Ideology the Way Intelligence Agencies Do: As a Disguise

By draping itself in the finery of political activism, the corporatist class consolidates political power, corrupts democracy and distracts from its real functions.

33. 2021 April 14 2:43 am

34. 2021 April 14 2:47 am

35. 2021 April 14 3:26 am

36. 2021 April 14 4:25 am

Nancy Pelosi’s Husband Buys Microsoft Ahead of Big Govt Contract

“If you had knowledge of this deal and made a similar trade, then got caught, you would be fined, lose all your profits, and potentially be thrown into jail.”

37. 2021 April 14 4:31 am

38. 2021 April 14 4:44 am
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

This Pysh podcast bring ups the idea that the fed may actually already be doing yield curve control as there is no incentive to announce it and actually positive incentive to keep it secret. Before they came to this they were discussing the possibility of YCC be required at a 10 year as low as 1.75 or up to 2.0, and we actually hit that and bounced down.

Not saying they are doing that but the conspiracy theorist in me wants to keep an eye on it.

39. 2021 April 14 4:58 am

As I said before, the only difference between Soviet-era Pravda and today’s media – the people at Pravda lied because they had to; today’s media lies because it wants to.

40. 2021 April 14 5:37 am
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

this dude is nailing btc price with a more conservative model. He had this week’s price target pinned over a year ago. He’s essentially using stock to flow, but he’s modified for less reduction in supply than prior halvening because of larger preexisting supply summarized here.

“Extrapolating this relationship to 2020: The reduction in supply is only 40% as great as in 2016,” says Morehead. “If this relationship holds, that would imply about 40% as much price impulse—bitcoin would peak at $115,212″ in August 2021.”

41. 2021 April 14 6:11 am

MPT, probably not a good time to place this song…at home anyway. 🙂 Good luck!!

42. 2021 April 14 7:07 am

MPT –

I have spent a few weeks living in the garage. It really isn’t that bad. If you have a decent modem, you can get the Internet. There’s nothing on TV worth watching. Get a mini fridge to keep your beer cold (my suggestion is one with a separate freezer compartment) and a microwave. Most cars today have reclining seats. Not all bad.

The comfort of living in a house and sleeping in a bed is greatly overrated.

43. 2021 April 14 7:44 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Footlocker Looted Again Despite $200 Million in Donations to BLM Causes – Summit News

“I guess 200 million doesn’t buy as much protection as it used to buy”

44. 2021 April 14 7:52 am

for MPT

in the movie ‘Extreme Prejudice’, Nick Nolte plays a Texas Ranger named Jack Benteen. His longtime friend and fellow lawman, Hank Pearson (played by Rip Torn) is grousing about a variety of things. This exchange follows:

– Jack Benteen: “You know, Hank, the next thing, you’re gonna be complaining about the state legislature making women a Ranger. You know that.
    – Sheriff Hank Pearson: “Hell, I don’t care, as long as she’s six-foot-six, mean as a snake.

45. 2021 April 14 7:54 am

JimNorCal –

Footlocker could have negotiated a much better deal with Vito or Michael Corlieone. At least, if you pay for protection from the Mafia, you get it.

46. 2021 April 14 7:59 am

MPT #30 –

As I have said before, soon the 15 best male basketball players at Duke will be the men’s team and the second 15 best male basketball players at Duke will be the women’s team. Any “women’s” coaches who don’t go along will run the risk of suffering a 3-25 season.

47. 2021 April 14 8:47 am
    mpt permalink

MPT, probably not a good time to place this song…at home anyway.

Yeah, should be labeled NSFH (Not Safe For Home). 🙂

48. 2021 April 14 8:50 am

My willingness to take a new vaccine improved considerably after a discussion with a neighbor. He is a doctor so I have a lot of confidence in what he shared.

The new vaccine has very mild side effects, actually bordering on euphoria. You take it daily so that may be difficult for some. It’s an oral dose so no sore arms. It does not change your dna, causes no anaphylactic shock, carries no risk of clotting, and will not change your menstual cycles. Little likelihood of paralysis. Only a mild headache occasional until your next daily dose.

No stability problems at all. Ask for it by name. Hope I have the spelling right.

Oh, you’re not contagious, you don’t have to wear a mask, and only limited social distancing.

Glenfiddich single malt 12 year old scotch whiskey.

49. 2021 April 14 8:59 am

mullet…very sound “medical advice”. Thank you!!

50. 2021 April 14 9:06 am

MPT, on a serious note…

A couple decades ago when we were living in the L.A. area (before we escaped) the L.A. Fire Dept announced they were going to “adjust the physical requirements” so they could attract and hire more females. Among the physical requirements was that trainees could ONLY pass if they could carry 100 pounds of hose UP 2 stories, and carry 150 of dead weight DOWN from that same height. The 150 pounds being roughly the average weight of a victim.

There was a HOWL across L.A. If you can’t carry a hose TO the fire, and carry a victim AWAY from the fire…then what freaking good are you as a firefighter??

I don’t care what someone’s sex is…paraphrasing the Nick Nolte quote I put up earlier, “I don’t care what sex a firefighter is, so long as they can do the job!”

Same with police.

51. 2021 April 14 9:16 am

last add for MPT, et al

I just turned 70. (yay!) I still work out every day, but I am NOT as strong or fast as I once was. Certainly not as strong or fast or well equipped to fight as I was while I was in the Marines.

So where I once might have tried to subdue someone threatening me or my family by using PHYSICAL force, I would now resort much more quickly to “other means”

The same goes with a female cop. SIZE does matter.

In the case of this cop, I think she had been riding a desk too long…but that will come out if a fair investigation is done. Still, her physical size would naturally want to make a larger man resist.

Story from my Marine Corps days. My roommate at one point was a Navy Corpsman. He was SHORT…maybe 5’4′ (in platform shoes). But he was one of the meanest and toughest people I ever met. We all had moonlighting jobs back then, since military pay was total crap. Al decided he would apply to be a bouncer at the local bar…and they hired him.

EVERY night he was working as the bouncer someone picked a fight with him…and Al always won. After two weeks they let him go. Why? Because the reason a fight broke out EVERY night he was there, is that he looked like you could whup him…you couldn’t. So they fired Al and hired a great big guy whom we both knew…and knew couldn’t whup a baby kitten. No more fights at the bar…because he LOOKED tough.

52. 2021 April 14 9:32 am
    Eph permalink

50 mull,

LMAO!

Good one

53. 2021 April 14 9:41 am

Happy Birthday JR –

Had the soldiers storming beaches in Europe and the Pacific a few years before you were born known what this country would become, they’d be shocked.

54. 2021 April 14 9:47 am

In CNN only one of these is a “real” news story deserving national coverage. Guess which one:

1. Black man kills cop
    2. Illegal alien kills cop
    3. Cop kills black man
    4. Innocent black child gunned down in Chicago
    5. Black-on-black crime on the rise
    6. A large percentage of attacks on Asians are caused by blacks

55. 2021 April 14 10:26 am

“Glenfiddich single malt 12 year old scotch whiskey.”

Excellent selection, you buying? I’ll be right over for my ‘shot’. 🙂

56. 2021 April 14 10:33 am

JR,

Glad tidings on your 70th. I have a couple months to go before I get there. Like you the ole reflexes not what they were when I was 20.

57. 2021 April 14 10:37 am

“Sen. Rand Paul: Anthony Fauci Should Be Removed From TV for Reckless ‘Fear-Mongering’” — LD Lede

If Fauci had been Gen Marshall he would have been advising FDR to surrender after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Sigh….

58. 2021 April 14 10:38 am

thanks for the congrats on surviving to 70! 🙂

the old quote about Colonel Colt quote: “God made men, Colonel Colt made ’em equal” is still true…especially for older folks!

59. 2021 April 14 10:38 am

true dat on Fauci.

60. 2021 April 14 10:41 am

Amazing how that works. And the fence is still up. Problem is the NatGrd are standing on the wrong side of the fence.

61. 2021 April 14 11:05 am
    JimNorCal permalink

38, “Nancy Pelosi’s Husband Buys Microsoft Ahead of Big Govt Contract”

Over time, it’s become clear of course that the Dem Party has devolved to a simple criminal conspiracy. I get that.

The part that gets me angry is the GOPe. Why can’t they do obvious things like all the Repub members put their assets in a blind trust? And call for a law to require all congress members plus senior staff to do the same. And call for repeal of the law allowing insider trading by Congress.

62. 2021 April 14 11:10 am

Mullet, 50, glad it won’t change my menstrual cycles LOL

63. 2021 April 14 11:26 am

Clay Travis and Will Cain discuss NCAA’a decision on transgendered athletes (pick up at the 9:00 mark).

Eph will be here shortly to tell us why Clay Travis is really a flaming liberal.

64. 2021 April 14 11:35 am

Getting back to the Brooklyn Center killing. You have to believe that every time a LEO pulls over a car and discovers the driver is black or a potential illegal, they think, “Oh, sh!t.” They realize they are far more likely to have a confrontation, the person stopped not following instructions and problems with the media if anything goes wrong. They realize they have entered a “no win” situation.

Here’s a video of a New Mexico state police officer who didn’t take precautions and it cost him his life:

65. 2021 April 14 11:37 am
    JimNorCal permalink

53, great story and JR–welcome to “the 70s”

66. 2021 April 14 11:40 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Next up: climate “emergency”

Tom Elliott
    @tomselliott
    Can you please provide the mathematical formula you’re using to ascertain that current climate variation now constitutes an “emergency”? Also appreciated would be any math you’re using to pinpoint the percentage of humanity’s impact on said variation.

Thanks in advance.

67. 2021 April 14 12:16 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I’ll be happy if I learn that DC has turned off A/C in federal buildings due to “climate emergency” by the way.

68. 2021 April 14 12:30 pm

Come july see how long that last down at the swamp hollar.

69. 2021 April 14 1:03 pm

If Americans allow the “Vaccination Passport” scam to become official, then look for “Climate Emergency Passports” to follow. Random stops with police checking to see if you have PERMISSION to drive, buy gas, etc.

EVERY “emergency” will lead to Americans being required to carry papers of some kind.

But the BIG ONE is coming, and soon. Embedded chips. The lie will be that it is the ONLY way to ensure that medical care, and other resources, are distributed with “Equity” in mind. The media will hail the chip as a BENEFIT!! Don’t need to carry a wallet, ID cards or credit cards. Everything, including medical records, travel records, etc, will be automatically in the chip!!! YAY!!!

70. 2021 April 14 1:25 pm

71. 2021 April 14 1:27 pm

72. 2021 April 14 1:40 pm

the best that I believe Chauvin can hope for is a Directed Verdict by the judge. If it goes to the jury they will be TERRIFIED to do anything but find Chauvin guilty of “something”.

73. 2021 April 14 2:10 pm

drdog09 #75 –

“I’m taking bets on the Floyd trial.”

Bets on what? The verdict or how many cities will be destroyed?

74. 2021 April 14 2:15 pm
    mpt permalink

The 150 pounds being roughly the average weight of a victim.

That had to be many, many years ago. Try 275 these days.

75. 2021 April 14 2:46 pm

Say her name: Ashli Babbitt

“How can they get away with not even naming the officer?”

““The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” reads a statement from the U.S. attorney’s office, which conducted the investigation along with the Justice Department’s civil rights division.”

By that standard, why is any popo anywhere in the nation on trial?

“Is that the only cop in history whose identity was hidden after shooting and killing an unarmed person? And not just an unarmed person, an unarmed WOMAN.”

76. 2021 April 14 3:03 pm

Is this white supremacy?

77. 2021 April 14 3:04 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

My knowledge of crypto consists of watching a few vids suggested by PRP.
    Still, even I can read this article and see the writer doesn’t know much.
    Rumors about Walmart buying some BTC

78. 2021 April 14 4:26 pm

73 – They will, they’ve accepted everything else related that’s been shoved at them so far.

79 – The DOJP ain’t got no time for that of course, cause it might counter their own BS narratives in 100 other cases. Also they sadly know there will not be response like 100k people showing up to burn down JEH building over it, though I wouldn’t mind if that actually happened at this point. What they do have time for of course:

79. 2021 April 14 5:16 pm

bc,

Outcome of the trial. BLM is going to riot regardless, its that time of the season. BLM will do it anyway, the cofounder needs to buy another mansion or two in a white honkey neighborhood.

80. 2021 April 14 5:21 pm

Jim
    Keep your eye on chainlink on coinbase. It’s kind of had a run up so it will prolly rest for a while but it’s a good alt to watch

81. 2021 April 14 5:26 pm