CNN: Different Stories in the US and Europe

2021 June 17

There is a vast difference in the way CNN reported the Biden-Putin summit. In Europe, CNN was honest and admitted that Putin got everything he wanted, while – in the US – CNN went along with the rest of the MSM, lauding Biden’s performance while overlooking things like giant flash cards, flare-ups,”Dr. Jill” being forced to come to the rescue and Slow Joe’s numerous faux paus during the week.

CNN’s duplicity doesn’t even stop when it comes to unfair treatment of Republicans and softball treatment of Democrats. It even treats Americans differently by playing it more straight and objective with U.S. news coverage with the rest of the world.

Biden’s first foreign trip ended on Wednesday after a week of embarrassments among the world’s most powerful leaders. The culmination of the trip was a meeting with Russian president Vladimir Putin, whom Biden earlier branded a ‘killer.’

Biden was pressed by CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins on the issue of how he could be confident that Putin could abide by any of his demands at the meeting. The president snapped at the reporter, swearing ‘what the hell?’ and implying she may be ‘in the wrong business.’

The U.S. president later apologized to the CNN reporter for his unpresidential behavior, but that didn’t stop CNN from immediately gushing about the foreign trip in truly Orwellian fashion. A glimpse at CNN’s U.S. politics page shows what the editors want the American people to take away from Biden’s trip.

A sample of headlines, as pointed out by the website Panda Tribune:

• Biden finds his comfort zone on the world stage in first international trip as president
  • After showdown abroad, Biden faces one at home
  • 5 takeaways from the summit between Biden and Putin
  • President Biden on historic Putin summit: ‘I did what I came to do’

Meanwhile, this is what European readers of the World section see:

The headline: “Putin got exactly what he wanted from Biden in Geneva.” A number of key passages provide a remarkable contrast to the pro-Biden narrative that is boilerplate on the “news” network.

“The optics of the summit were almost tailored to suit Putin’s domestic needs,” CNN World reported. “The meetings were requested by the US, which as far as the Kremlin is concerned, confirms that Putin is a leader of similar stature to the US President.”

“This is exactly what the Kremlin wants. To talk to the US as equals and in such a way that the other side does not demand a change of position as a condition of dialogue,” says Oleg Ignatov, Crisis Group’s senior Russia analyst based in Moscow.

“There is no doubt that Putin will continue to test Biden if the dialogue deadlocks or develops in a direction that is disadvantageous to Moscow. This is not yet the beginning of the normalization of relations. It is a pause in their further deterioration,” he added.

Another remark further underscores that Putin ‘got what he wanted’ from the summit.

Hat tip: beckernews.com

Biden-Putin Geneva meeting: 5 things to watch - Los Angeles Times

Like a tee-ball player facing a 98 MPH fastball.

1. 2021 June 17 5:41 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

2. 2021 June 18 12:16 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Anti American, no talent female soccer player is a vile person?
    I’m shocked!

It’s pretty interesting to see the dual CNN coverage. So hypocritical.
    Reminds me of the Groucho Marx quip:
    “If you don’t like my principles… I’ve got others!”

3. 2021 June 18 5:06 am

This is a market shift so terribly considered even I can see the flaws in it. VS is going to dump 85% of the female market to cater to a market that at best is 10% in size? Anything for the virtue signal, F the bottom line.

Taking bets on how long it lasts.

4. 2021 June 18 5:13 am

5. 2021 June 18 5:25 am

A recording (unconfirmed) of a male discussing the deaths is circulating social media.

“They’ve had the third BA pilot die in the last seven days, yeah? Third pilot dead in the last week,” says the man heard in the recording. “The first two guys were in their forties and fifties; this guy, mid-thirties, perfectly fit, no underlying conditions. He gets his second jab and he’s dead within days, exactly the same with the first two.

“Because of this, BA are now in crisis talks with the government about whether to allow vaccinated pilots to fly. The issue with that of course is that about 80%, according to my friend in BA, 80-85% have been injected.”

See more on liberty daily.

Think about this for a moment.

* Several airlines are gearing up to discourage Vaxxed passengers from flying.
    * BA pilots are being killed.
    * 85% of BA pilots Vaxxed.
    * This could ground BA if the unions get involved. Or the pilots call a wildcat strike.
    * Then the lawsuits begin? If there is a company mandate to be Vaxxed the union could sue them to bankruptcy.
    * If the mandate was government action the disability payments would be massive.

6. 2021 June 18 5:41 am

drdog – lets get this straight!

If you don’t vax, you can not fly.

But if you do get vax, you have a higher percentage of dying if you do fly.

7. 2021 June 18 6:24 am
    JimNorCal permalink

I’ve heard it described that WuFlu is like normal flu but about 3x more deaths.
    Three healthy BA pilots dead is troubling … but millions have been vaxxed … 80% of BA pilots, so on that scale maybe 3 is not a large number.
    Probably it will turn out that this vaccine has 3 or 10 times more deaths than regular vaccines. Large but not enormous.

Disclosure: I’m part of the “control group”. No vaxx stab for me.

8. 2021 June 18 6:52 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Teh horror! Gotta stomp out that Bible reading and prayer.

Epoch Times:
    “IRS Denies Tax Exemption to Texas Religious Group Because Prayer, Bible Reading Boost the Republican Party”

9. 2021 June 18 6:53 am

VS has had its share of problems in recent years. My daughter worked there the summer prior to freshman year of college.

At one time VS had a full line of clothing: dresses, pants, jeans, tops, boots, etc. Bridget even had a VS leather winter coat when she was in high school.

They were one of the leading swimwear marketers and dropped that too.

It is facing greater competition from online lingerie competitors. VS was able to command premium prices as its products were viewed as extremely sexy. Women bought VS to excite the men in their lives and men bought it to get their women to excite them.

Another VS problem: too many stores in malls and mall business is down.

All they are doing by going fully woke is speeding up their bankruptcy.

I’d like to see the effect on SI Swimsuit Edition sales since SI has taken the same path VS is embarking on – lesbians, “plus sized” women and trannies.

The left’s concept seems to be: if you think you are beautiful, you are – regardless if you are 100 pounds overweight and sane people are laughing at you.

10. 2021 June 18 7:25 am

Subway also has hired Megan Rapino as a spokesperson (probably until Jared gets out of prison).

There are lots of non-controversial athletes – Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Mike Trout, etc., but I guess Subway hates this country.

11. 2021 June 18 8:58 am

Four months ago:

CNN lauds 18-year old boy who turned Republican father into FBI.

12. 2021 June 18 11:12 am

Clay Travis on Megan Rapino/Victoria’s Secret:

Travis is half of the duo taking over Rush Limbaugh’s old time slot starting Monday,

13. 2021 June 18 11:56 am

GN, 6,

That is the nut of it. I have seen some reports where some airlines are considering a ban on Vaxxed people. Not over CoVid directly, but there have been indications that Vaxxed people that also have a propensity or have been diagnosed with clotting issues should not mix Vaxx-clotting-flight at altitude as a wise event choice.

Me, no Vaxx but I do have clots in the legs and the docs have told me no flights more than 4-5 hours duration.

14. 2021 June 18 12:34 pm

drdog – daughter and I were just talking about that. She went to Rome several years ago. Our doctor talked to her afterwards about getting up and walking around (on the plane) every hour or two to prevent clots.

Remember Tim Russert (NBC Meet the Press) and how he had heart issues and had a heart attack shortly after having a vacation in Rome.

I have seen where some airlines wont let you fly if you are NOT Vaxxed. Should be fun going forward.

Now if both pilots get vaxxed and die in flight, do all of the deaths from the crash count as covid deaths?

15. 2021 June 18 12:54 pm

Dr… per prior thread re: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2021/06/15/atlanta-may-be-headed-for-a-final-divorce-as-communities-nationwide-seek-to-redraw-the-lines-n1454817

You asked what I thought.

—-
    Rant time…

Back around the time I moved to GA Roswell was doing the same thing, leaving fulton county for “north fulton” if I recall right. Basically the same reason they wanted out of Atlanta proper as much as possible. This was before Buckhead turned into super gentrified nothing but wealthy, though it was certainly a wealthy area and some super wealthy sections – but since then…idk how to put it other than ~2000 and ~2020 buckhead are unrecognizable, not just in demo, but everything…right down to including streets which have at least in the commercial areas have literally been redrawn. There is 4-5 block area in it’s heart that used to be all cool bars and restaurants back in 1998-2005, it’s one of the things that Hooked me on moving to ATL back then which is why this long diatribe. Anyway the whole 4-5 block area was literally bought out, demo’d and rebuilt as ritzy condos and super expensive\posh stores\outlets and few restaurants – rodeo drive of Atlanta sort of. I was there like a year ago with another person who was visiting from NC (she moved away a decade ago) who was with me back in those days at those bars. Anyway we both got literally lost trying to find the place we were gonna meet because literally nothing was recognizable – it was hilarious conversation calling each other saying the same thing while trying to find parking. Parking…yet another thing that was never that big a deal to find in the past that was now a premium. Honestly it didn’t feel like a change for the better, just a weird out of place enclave in a sea of shit, a sea that has progressively “moving” north and east and west and south with every passing year like virus.

….fk it anyway… fuck Buckhead, honestly they indirectly helped create the fucking mess, as plenty of the residents there are movers and shakers around town and at major corps (ironically most of whom are WOKE AS A JOKE), are woke ass athletes who did nothing, and said nothing, and continue to say nothing and do nothing when it matters so… i mean wtf do I care, I kinda want to tell them to sit and spin.

Whatever though it’s not surprise they’ve want to detach from ATL, this isn’t the first time this has come up either they raised it some years back too but it died for whatever reasons. If they do leave, all it means is more fuck-hole voters who have repeatedly voted for the disaster that is atlanta government and for that matter state and federal will just move north (mostly) to other areas at an even faster rate – and that just means more disaster.

In short for my own selfish reasons I hope the efforts fail and the virus consumes them, I say don’t let’em run, make them fix the problem, or take the property value hits before deciding to move, back with their money some REMOTELY competent slate of city officials that stop pandering to the lowest common fucking denominator and latest stupidity. Fuck it how about TN,FL and SC and AL adopt everything north\south\east\west of 285\I20’ish and leave fulton and DeKalb all that’s left of GA to stir in it’s own shit while the rest build a wall around it. We’d all better off.

..rant off

eh.. so what do I think, I think I gotta do something in the coming years I really don’t want to do, move. 😉

16. 2021 June 18 1:04 pm

11 – Eh doesn’t matter, ultimately they’re happy to just keep inching things forward in ways that will not be undone, who cares if the nation hates the pointman or even collectively balks, we’ll just order up some fake polls come election time and if need be we’ll “program them” and for that matter the voting system again. Meanwhile, slow and steady the frog continues to boil.

12 – Exactly what I was thinking when I heard that insanity… yet another Paid Holiday for every federal worker, and watch it trickle down. How much productivity\value (already shit when it comes to gov workers) did that just cost.

17. 2021 June 18 1:12 pm

14 – Who… and about whom? I must be out da loop – which oddly feels good actually. Had to duck-duck this twit who should just FOAD… and not even hot and VS wants her….par for the course as “opposite century” continues.

Yeah I’m in such a great state of mind this week. 😉

18. 2021 June 18 2:10 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Seems reasonable

A Plan to Get Divisive & Radical Theories Out of Our Schools
    — by Donald J. Trump

Third, parents have a right to know exactly what is being taught to their children. Last year, many parents had the chance to routinely listen in on classes for the first time because of remote learning. As students return to the classroom, states need to pass laws requiring that all lesson plans have to be made available to parents — every handout, article, and reading should be posted on an online portal that allows parents to see what their kids are being taught. Furthermore, in many places, there are rules preventing students from recording what teachers say in class. States and school boards should establish a “Right to Record.”

19. 2021 June 18 2:14 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Couldnt you just request a temporary prescription of eliquis or xarelto for the flight if it’s going to be prolonged ( if youre not already on it.) Seems like that would solve the issue

20. 2021 June 18 3:28 pm

PRP, 21,

You read my mind. I ask the doc last time I had a physical if they would do me any good. Ans: Nope. Both those drugs act as thinners to prevent clot formation. For someone who has existing clots not so much. I am on a similar drug for prevention, why those don’t change the situation for me. Those pilots that died are probably like me, had preexisting conditions, probably not diagnosed. Appreciate the thought though.

Little PSA: If you have young adults or their kids, tell them this. DO NOT cock your legs under the chair that you are sitting on. That restricts the flow back up the legs. It can cause premature damage to the leg valves and raises the chances of building up clots.

21. 2021 June 18 4:18 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

ya well and don’t smoke (smoking=clots.)

22. 2021 June 19 4:11 am
    JimNorCal permalink

If we were the Left …

Hundreds would get tickets then make a fuss over medical privacy and/or sue the venue. Be denied entrance. Demand money back. Ruin the performance financially. And reputationally.

23. 2021 June 19 6:14 am

I am not usually a big fan of Mitch McConnell. But America dodged a bullet when he blocked a vote on Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court.

24. 2021 June 19 7:47 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Still, I bet Mitch voted to let Garland run DoJ.
    And Dems will find someone just as bad to be on SCOTUS.
    Finally, Kavanaugh and Barrett are not exactly fighting to keep us free.

I guess I’m cranky about Mitch these days.

25. 2021 June 19 7:53 am

Absolutely about the smoking.

26. 2021 June 19 8:07 am

27. 2021 June 19 9:10 am
    fight on permalink

More on the Supremes. I just don’t believe for a minute that Roberts, Barrett and I like beer Kavanaugh have the guts to take it up.

28. 2021 June 19 10:11 am

One for IP —

29. 2021 June 19 11:31 am

fight on – I agree with you. The Supreme Court has made themselves and the rest of DC irrelevant. When you make corrupt rulings, you (Roberts and others) expose yourself as to what you really are a REPROBATE (depraved, unprincipled, or wicked).

Myself, there is little I can do BUT I will do what I can.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

I plan to move out, reduce my foot print, become more self sufficient AND do what I can to ignore the central government and their corruption. Let it burn, I have marshmallows and popcorn to watch.

30. 2021 June 19 11:48 am

GN,

So which will it be when you move? — Portland or Seattle? 🙂

31. 2021 June 19 11:58 am

Detroit is closer.

32. 2021 June 19 12:19 pm

LOL!

33. 2021 June 19 8:23 pm

You guys posted about this weeks ago… a little followup and now the Fib’s attempted (and so far largely successful) robbery seems to be getting at least marginally more attention.

34. 2021 June 19 8:49 pm

… and remember this is the positive spin report ordered up back then.
    It was far worse than what this report says… but even going with what’s in it, since nothing of substance will actually be done about it what difference does it make.

^ Interesting 100k names they know are likely bullshit,18k they have confirmed are dead – how many of these “voted” last cycle? Are they part of the 100 batches of now “missing” ballots in fulton?

But you know Brad said everything was fine…. all while knowing it wasn’t.

also…interesting how suddenly these to pieces of shit are flipping on id? You know after actually costing this state money just months ago yapping their trapps against it. Guess someone looked at poll or finally noticed the public just wasn’t buying their bs anymore – OR they plan to slip in all sort of “outs” in just what will qualify as “id”. I suspect the latter.

35. 2021 June 19 9:02 pm

Another 16,000 instances of Fib spying outside the law, NSA agrees to release records to show it and upon whom. lol NSA be like….Fuck you FIB illegal spying is supposed to be our god domain, get back in your box. 😉

36. 2021 June 19 9:13 pm

Oroville – Seems anytime Oroville is in the news either the dam is about to burst or they have to shut down due to no water. lmao

Want to laugh…
    Sounds like impeachment is needed…. if we’re throwing out any logic like they did and playing tit for tat.

37. 2021 June 19 9:48 pm

One of the dumbest ideas ever for us and everyone else – nation revenue sharing….yeah that will not be gamed to all hell and likely to our disadvantaged like everything else .. no fan of massive multi-nationals, but wtf are these people thinking?

38. 2021 June 19 10:10 pm

Judges starting to eat their own.

Judge Charges 3 U.S. Marshals After Deputy Marshal Refused To Say If She Was Vaccinated

Aberdeen, SD – A federal judge in South Dakota brought criminal charges of contempt of court and conspiracy to obstruct justice against three U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) officials on Monday in connection with a deputy marshal’s refusal to reveal her vaccination status to his court.

In March, U.S. District Judge Charles Kornmann tried to require all courthouse employees to be vaccinated, the Associated Press reported.

But U.S. Marshal Daniel Mosteller, who heads up the agency in South Dakota, told Kornmann that wouldn’t work because USMS was not requiring its marshals to be vaccinated.

Marshal Mosteller also told the judge that marshals would not be disclosing their vaccination statuses to the court, the Associated Press reported.

Key take way…even beyond the marshalls in question:
    “The judge also called the argument made by the general public that individuals have a right to choose not to get the vaccine was nonsense.”

quick…arrest them!

39. 2021 June 19 10:23 pm

ooooooof
    Found the answer about voter ID flip flops and it’s WORSE than I thought…
    D’s want to trade it for Automatic voter registration.

40. 2021 June 20 1:38 am

Its doomed already as Ireland says they will not participate. Get 4-5 jurisdictions that say ‘no’ and it game over. The multinationals will domicile there and reap the rewards.

41. 2021 June 20 1:44 am

“Read the whole thing, and then tell me why this person should remain a federal judge, or for that matter still breathing?”

Marshalls ought to get one of their brothers in the local state AG’s office be present when the judge asks again about Vaxx status. They can hit him with a catagory 3 HIPPA violation — $10-50k per incident.

42. 2021 June 21 8:22 pm

Time for some “blue flu”to hit SD.