D-Day

2021 June 6
by justrand

The Price of Freedom cannot be measured in dollars and cents, it can only be measured in the human price that must be paid to obtain it…and retain it.

Our forefathers paid the price to obtain it from 1775 to 1783, then many of the same Americans paid the price to retain it in the War of 1812.  During the Civil War hundreds of thousands of men died as America struggled to retain it…and expand it by ending the terrible scourge of slavery.

Since the Civil War, the struggle to remain free has been fought on distant shores, including the shores of Normandy on June 6, 1944…77 years ago today.

The men who stormed the beaches of Normandy displayed amazing courage.  The kind of courage that comes not from the absence of fear in the face of danger and difficulty…it’s the real courage it takes to move forward KNOWING how dangerous and difficult the task, and how terrible the consequences of failure.  My father told me this when he explained to me how terrified he had been wading ashore in the 3rd wave at Omaha Beach on D-Day.  “Anyone who wasn’t afraid was an idiot”, he told me.  They weren’t idiots, they were courageous.

God bless every one of them.

1. 2021 June 6 7:05 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Bless them.

2. 2021 June 6 7:10 am

I have returned many times to honour the valiant men who died…every man who set foot on Omaha Beach was a hero.

Omar N. Bradley

3. 2021 June 6 7:18 am
    fight on permalink

Yes Bless them. I remember on the anniversery of D-Day in the past TBS and AMC showing war movies. The longest day or Devils birgade etc. not today they are showing lethal weapon series.

Shameful

4. 2021 June 6 8:18 am

at least Bing has a nice Normandy scene and links to D-Day. Google couldn’t be bothered (I only went there to check)

5. 2021 June 6 8:33 am
    JimNorCal permalink

“I only went there to check” LOL
    Out of all the Goolag products, I’ve cut free from nearly everything.
    I got the free MapQuest app (remember them?) for my phone. Every once in a while though, only Goog Maps finds something or knows the store hours, etc.
    And I’m having trouble dropping YouTube. A lot of DIY stuff like changing car-fob batteries, etc only seem to be on YT, not Rumble, BitChute and others.

6. 2021 June 6 8:33 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Heh.

7. 2021 June 6 8:38 am
    JimNorCal permalink

I got about 20 of these “Dad jokes” in email this morning. I’ll spare you, but just to let you know how much you’re missing ….

8. 2021 June 6 10:01 am

I attend in-person weekly mass Saturday night and catch livestream masses of some conservative priests I have become familiar with on Sunday. A mass from Ottawa Canada had 10 people in a church that likely holds 700.

My parish is likely at 75%-80% of pre-COVID levels. There is one section reserved for mask-wearers.

9. 2021 June 6 10:11 am
    JimNorCal permalink

EV “green” vehicles

10. 2021 June 6 10:13 am

Times change –

75+ years ago young Americans lined up to enlist and stormed the beaches of Europe and the Pacific.

Today young Americans cower in fear and seek “safe zones” if anyone says anything that might offend/trigger them.

Military training is now about political indoctrination that is more focused on “correct think” than winning wars.

11. 2021 June 6 10:15 am
    JimNorCal permalink

A Jewish guy notes:
    I am keenly aware that I likely would not have been here without the landings. So many of us owe our very existence to the brave warriors putting their lives on the line on that day.
    FOREVER IN DEBT – NEVER FORGET

This posts focuses on the Canadian sector’s beach.

12. 2021 June 6 10:59 am

Classic case of the MBA types not being able to squeeze a profit that the market will accept. Yet in Toulouse there is probably some 20 yo that has figured out how to do it and handsomely. I watched an 80yo machinist using a 100yo lathe crank out a RK knife in 2 hours. The company I was working for had spent $100k to do the same thing. Automation is great, ingenuity is superior.

13. 2021 June 6 9:23 pm

WTFO?

It’s now been withdrawn..funny what happens once even just a little pushback questions are asked. Second look at if the person with the “apparently self-inflicted” gun shot would was actually self-inflicted, and not executed by the Fibbers?

14. 2021 June 6 9:40 pm

Don’t worry though we got the best wokesters though, we’ll be fine. 😉

Took the payoff and now disappears 5k of his tweets, then claims he’s not the one deleting them, lol. So either he’s lying, or twitter themselves are involved in covering up for him. 😉

While not unimportant a lot of the timing all this seem to be to distract from jabs themselves.

15. 2021 June 6 9:45 pm

Use of IP addresses as proof of identity is moot in US courts, Nevada vs Gonzales, US court of appeals. Since dynamic IPs used by most ISPs cycle, IPs are insufficient unto themselves as probable cause. The FIB damn well knows this too.

16. 2021 June 6 9:51 pm

If Twitter is the one deleting them they could be on shaky ground. Many of the emails that have been floating around about Fauci/NAID/WIV have redacted passages that appears there is an ongoing fed criminal inquiry. If the good doctor is a person of interest in the case whoever is deleting them is destroying evidence. 18 U.S. Code § 1519. That is if anybody cares….

17. 2021 June 6 10:13 pm

16 – I doubt the fib wanted it for court purposes (or maybe they did indirectly – parallel construction), and isps (most) do keep long term records of all assignments\cyclings and have for some years now. That said my comcast ip hasn’t changed in 4 years (last time I replaced my modem), and the prior had not changed in years prior to that, not as dynamic an assignment as you think or as the past. Now if I were to leave my modem off for a week yeah the lease will probably expire and I’d probably get a new one but they damn sure have the raw dhcp logs (let alone probably entries in the cms showing a history of assignments) somewhere. The much smaller isps may not keep records too long cause it’s not as profitable and avoids them having to respond to shit like this other than to say “don’t have it”, and they don’t get the added profit center money the bigger boys get from responding to data requests (or selling said data).

18. 2021 June 7 4:29 am

I don’t worry about records with Spectrum. Hell they can’t even keep their billing website up most weeks. And for some apparent reason our outbound IP changes about every two weeks. Then blip! sometimes it will change in a day. Guess they have not figured out how to force a reread of the DHCP config file without a reboot. 🙂

19. 2021 June 7 4:48 am