“But to Your Name Give Glory”

2022 June 24
by INC

This is a day I thought would never come.

(I came to comment, and found I still have the keys to the back room! I didn’t see a post on Dobbs, so I wanted to share my thoughts in one. For those who don’t know me, I’ve been around some of these guys as a commenter since 2004 at another blog, and then wrote a lot of prolife posts here.).

I was in college when the Roe v. Wade opinion was issued. During those days the decision sort of blipped right on by me. I’d had biology back when people knew what a woman was, and so I never had any doubts they were talking about a baby. A few years later my pastor’s wife in our college town told me she was concerned about the young women and babies who were being aborted, and she and another woman in town had started Birthright.

I learned of one friend’s abortion after the fact, and another who gave her baby up for adoption, later becoming director of the Crisis Pregnancy Center that succeeded that local Birthright. I’ve had pastors who were on pregnancy center boards, friends who were counselors, given baby and maternity clothes, taken our kids to protests, and then watched my adult kid take his kids to protest (that son also wrote a college paper decrying Plan B).

Nationally there are so many names to remember. Nellie Gray who started the first annual March for Life on January 22, 1974 the year after Roe v. Wade. Phyllis Schlafly, who through sheer force of will and stubbornness held the Republicans to a prolife platform when the elites wanted to abandon it. Ronald Reagan writing Abortion and the Conscience of a Nation, and Donald Trump fulfilling his promise to put prolife justices on the court.

There have been so many bitter disappointments along the way of watching justices waffle and shirk, but here we are. At long last SCOTUS has overturned the travesties of Roe and Casey.

Lots of little ones are going to live because of today. I’ve already seen lists of states with prolife laws ready to go, and states that are now officially prolife. I’ve also seen some great memes and hysterical videos. The Babylon Bee is on a roll. I’ve even read some National Review articles I agree with! It’s a happy day not withstanding the venom and evil of the Left.

Those of you who know me, know I’m a Christian, and first and fore­most I see this day as a mighty act of God. People have worked long and hard; people have also prayed. With so many things that could have gone wrong, not the least of which was the leak and the protests intended to intimidate justices, overcoming this national evil was an act of mercy and power of God.

After enduring in his labors of decades of work, when England finally abolished the slave trade in 1807, William Wilberforce acknowledged God’s mighty hand with Psalm 115:1. So that verse came immediately to mind on this day of joy.

Not to us, O Lord, not to us,
But to Your name give glory
Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth.

Psalm 115:1

I thank God for hearing our prayers and the cries of the little ones.

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
No. 19–1392
THOMAS E. DOBBS, STATE HEALTH OFFICER OF
THE MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH,
ET AL., PETITIONERS v. JACKSON WOMEN’S
HEALTH ORGANIZATION, ET AL.

Text of Opinion: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf

7 week fetus images from Priests for Life.

1. 2022 June 24 7:28 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Trump is late to pro-Life but did more than the other Repub presidents.
    The rest of the GOP mostly knifed pro Life groups in the back as repayment for their loyalty

2. 2022 June 24 7:28 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Forcing people to give birth to babies with birth defects (Down syndrome etc) seems crazy to me. I bet 99% of people would want to abort in that case.

But if you allow abortion against only certain types of peoples then you have the claim of eugenics and discrimination etc.

The prolife stuff just a bunch of circular argument that make no sense to anyone, and you eventually conclude you have to just let the woman choose.

There are a million other similar arguments as this that lead to the same conclusion.

3. 2022 June 24 7:30 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Although I must say this is not really an issue that is at the forefront right now at least in my mind.

4. 2022 June 24 7:31 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I’m flipping through my dictionary looking for the definition of fiduciary.
    Shouldn’t Delta return ALL the profit to shareholders and let THEM choose how much to donate and pick charities?

5. 2022 June 24 7:33 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

What’s your outlook on crypto these days, PRP?

6. 2022 June 24 7:38 pm

#5
    It’s hard to be particularly bullish any asset classes right now, but I still own some bitcoin. I remain a long term bitcoin bull. 2024 is the next halvening so it will likely be an opportunity.

7. 2022 June 24 7:49 pm

PRP, I can’t spend a lot of time right now, but let me know whatever circular arguments you think don’t make sense, and I’ll see what I can say over the next few days.

8. 2022 June 24 8:07 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Yes, forcing ppl to give birth to Down’s babies is one, which is crazy to me.

But also if you push this further you ultimately want to regulate during pregnancy as well. For instance if you choose to exercise too much, you will have a miscarriage. Alternatively if you just choose not to eat for a while you will abort as well. You don’t need an abortion. You can claim that well if you are doing behavior to kill the baby then prosecute that. Ok what if that’s not what you are doing. For instance you are a marathon runner and you get pregnant. No problem it will be dead within a month anyways unless you change your lifestyle. Must you change your lifestyle to accommodate social cons? Must you eat a certain amount of food as well?

Furthermore are we going to prosecute woman who smoke during pregnancy, drink and cause fetal alcohol syndrome, do hard drugs? etc. I think it’s ultimately her body to do as she pleases with. If they were that bad of a mom, you probably want to let them get that abortion she was pursuing.

9. 2022 June 24 8:11 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

The media frames everything from a Dem perspective such that people on the Left don’t even know the basics of the other side.
    Saw this great comment–
    “Is there ANY coverage of the JOY of this day?? The crap old media hate half of America.
    Just like when Trump was elected, it was wall to wall coverage of leftist rage & disappointment. It made me sick.

old comment:
    from Dec. 2016 one month after the election:
    Where ARE all the anecdotal stories of Trump voters being happy? The old media can’t even give us that. Even after winning, the old media has kept the tenor negative. Trump won MI, WI, PA…how is that not huge news?
    Where are the stories about Trump supporters being overjoyed, their hard work for the Trump campaign, how Dems crossed over to vote for Trump, brave Trump voters having to hide their preference for fear of backlash?

No… the stories have been about Hillary voters being sad. Poor Hillary voters. The tenor is ‘oh no, what will America do now’.

The old media does the same thing with legislation. If the left wins legislative battles, the old msm leads the celebration with pictures & screaming headlines of joy.
    If the right wins legislative battles, the old msm beat us up as haters & we are expected to apologize for winning, back down, & prepare for court.”

10. 2022 June 24 8:22 pm

11. 2022 June 24 9:48 pm

Excellent article, PRP should read it…or have an adult read it to him. By what passes for “logic” in PRP’s universe, forcing someone to raise a child that develops a debilitating illness is as bad as forcing them to give birth to the creature in the first place! You should be able to snuff them out when they become inconvenient.. eh, PRP??

12. 2022 June 24 11:06 pm
    mpt permalink

Saw this on Twitter

Pro-choicers can’t abide living in a country where abortion is illegal.
    Pro-lifers can’t abide living in a country where abortion is legal.
    Maybe we should split the country into 50 states so different people groups can make these decisions closer to home.

Sums up how I feel about the issue.

Besides, perhaps this will keep a lot of retarded Dems from moving to Red states.

13. 2022 June 24 11:11 pm
    mpt permalink

10 – OK, that made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

14. 2022 June 25 4:03 am

You are on the right track. But should not Delta first give back to the taxpayers their share of the PP loans that industry received before they spent one thin dime on ESG efforts? And indeed there are many in the shareholder ranks that say, ‘let the shareholder decide’. By the way you are a too kind. Personally I consider ESG efforts by groups who have not invested one dime as a crime of conversion and fraud.

15. 2022 June 25 4:07 am

INC welcome back. We never had the heart to take away the keys. 🙂

But “I was in college when the Roe v. Wade opinion was issued.”, dates us. The years have certainly flown by since. 🙂

16. 2022 June 25 4:10 am

PRP, 2,

Certainly not true. Men can have babies too. At least that is the Left’s argument that they are making right now. So men DO have a say in the abortion issue. So be careful when one points out circular arguments.

Spin your logic to the final conclusion Sir. If its ‘her body, her decision.’ then it is also ‘her decision, her consequences.’ That is really what is at the heart of the abortion issue. It is not so much that the baby is at issue. What is at issue is that women have it in their heads that they forever and a day always deserve a ‘do over’ in life.

17. 2022 June 25 4:36 am

That is what Federalism is all about.

The line “… defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to …” has been warped by the Left since Wilson. To the Left ‘general Welfare’ is secured to the people. At the time the USC was drafted that clause was secured to the STATES. It was then up to the States to manage as they please the welfare of their citizens with certain restrictions.

Don’t have to believe me on that. All you have to do is follow the money. 80% of all entitlements from the federal government flow thru the States for disbursement. It is done that way per legal construct. It would be quite refreshing that SCOTUS gets to the heart of it all and flat out say that ‘Wicard’ was an error on the part of the court and start disassembling the administrative state.

Give people back their decisions and their monies and one might be surprised how fast things right themselves. I can only hope.

18. 2022 June 25 6:08 am
    fight on permalink

MPT would love to meet up with you. Maybe BC can send you my email.

19. 2022 June 25 6:17 am

God is good.

He sits in the Heavens and laughs at the futility of man.

20. 2022 June 25 6:24 am

One of the best articles I’ve read on American Thinker in a while. We’ll worth reading and passing along. Sobering, scary, and very thought provoking.

21. 2022 June 25 6:33 am

And yes, welcome back INC.

a great day for LIFE yesterday.

22. 2022 June 25 6:34 am

Pence is trying to use Roe to raise his status for 2024

This dude is a trash bag generally.

23. 2022 June 25 6:40 am

PRP #2 –

You’re a libertarian and talking about “making sense?” That doesn’t compute.

RPR #23 –

Any of us at BJG has the same odds of being the GOP nominee in 2024 as Pence.

24. 2022 June 25 6:44 am

JimNorCal #17 –

Very weak gun girl this week, but the commenters more than made up for it.

25. 2022 June 25 6:46 am

fight on #19 –

I don’t have MPT’s email address as he has never participated in football or March Madness.

26. 2022 June 25 7:01 am
    JimNorCal permalink

They got Pride Month, we got Roe.

27. 2022 June 25 7:29 am

Pope Francis is to Christian, as Hell is to Heaven

IMHO

28. 2022 June 25 7:34 am

PRP, on a serious and personal note about “Choice” versus LIFE

Our littlest grandchildren are visiting this week. They are LIFE. Should anyone have ever been able to make the “Choice” to not let them exist?

Nope.

Game…Set…Match

29. 2022 June 25 7:46 am

30. 2022 June 25 7:52 am

A guy can ask, right?

31. 2022 June 25 7:52 am

JR #29 –

On Sundays I follow the homilies (sermons for you Protestants) on YouTube (gotta do something since I gave up watching pro sports). They are all traditionalists. About a year ago, one said during a homily, “We have a bad pope. We must pray for him.”

Francis is a far better Marxist than a Christian.

32. 2022 June 25 8:01 am
    JimNorCal permalink

25, bc, agree about the TWIP “Armed Gurl”.
    I think we conservatives usually achieve epic fail when we attempt to be Bad Boys. I’m sure Hayward thinks he’s being edgy when he posts a traditional feminine girl in attractive pose/clothing PLUS a firearm. But … in the end we don’t do Evil very well. Leftie heads don’t explode, they just think “lame”.

Love the story about praying for the Pope lol

33. 2022 June 25 8:15 am

Another excellent article, with an honest (though HORRIFIC) series of excerpts embedded within it that are taken from a pro-DEATH feminist article. And the article IS pro-death…you need to read it to believe it.

During the 1930s and 1940s, multiple Nazis wrote well-reasoned articles defending their treatment of the Jews…and a few actually wrote arguments in favor of the “Final Solution”, though those only came to light after the war. Those arguments placed Jewish lives on the scales opposite Aryan lives…and reasoned the “needs” of the Aryan lives outweighed those of the Jewish. Very well-reasoned…and VERY HORRIFICLY WRONG.

34. 2022 June 25 9:24 am

19, 26,

Hold on I think I have them….. Done.

35. 2022 June 25 9:25 am

Europe facing problems.
    RU slows or even cuts off natgas to several countries.
    For example Germany sent GazProm equipment to Canada for inspection, repair and refurbishment.
    Germany has partial sanctions. Canada has more complete compliance so they refuse to return the parts.
    RU declines to pump on that pipeline till the parts are returned.
    Much other info.

36. 2022 June 25 9:34 am

Sounds like NatGas version of a game of chicken.

37. 2022 June 25 9:39 am
    JimNorCal permalink

Next week could be hard on the Left, too. A comment seen:
    (Progressive Dem)
    Peter Kalmus
    @ClimateHuman
    The partisan and anti-science “supreme court” will likely rule on Monday against the EPA’s ability to regulate climate emissions*, effectively shutting down the last best avenue for climate action by the US. The ramifications could last thousands of years.

Reaction:
    *By which he means the “anti-science” SCOTUS might make the entirely sensible and scientific determination that unelected EPA bureaucrats can’t unilaterally declare the entirely natural and necessary molecule CO2 a pollutant they can use to manage and control the entire country with, without congress giving it the authority to do so.

38. 2022 June 25 9:41 am

I would gladly buy a ticket to see that. My only request is that Kamala has to jump too.

39. 2022 June 25 9:43 am

“The ramifications could last thousands of years.”

Wait, I thought we only had 1211 years left?

40. 2022 June 25 10:46 am

Riddle me this one.

Alito wrote the majority opinion on ending Roe v Wade. So why is Thomas getting all the applause?

41. 2022 June 25 11:48 am
    JimNorCal permalink

42, good point. Not sure.

42. 2022 June 25 11:55 am
    JimNorCal permalink

All the old talking points being rolled out …

43. 2022 June 25 2:45 pm

The USS Samuel B. Roberts shipwreck has been found — https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/worlds-deepest-shipwreck-discovered-four-miles-under-pacific — Samuel B was a destroyer escort that took on Japanese cruisers in the Battle of Samar — https://www.history.navy.mil/browse-by-topic/wars-conflicts-and-operations/world-war-ii/1944/samar.html

44. 2022 June 25 3:10 pm
    mpt permalink

So why is Thomas getting all the applause?

Probably because he had the biggest smile on this face.

45. 2022 June 25 5:01 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

It’s funny that the right was ok with not having the SC for like 80 year never calling for court packing, but it only took the left like 24 hours to demand removal of the filibuster and court packing when they lost a SC justice.

46. 2022 June 25 5:05 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

the senate map looks really bad for dems in 2024 so they might have been hoping to snag the senate (not counting manchin/sinema) this mid term cycle.

47. 2022 June 25 6:16 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Confidence in SC hits historic low 25%.

If this costs the GOP midterms, I have a feeling they will look back at Roberts incrementalism and wonder if that was the way to go.

48. 2022 June 25 9:08 pm

PRP, confidence in SCOTUS will not be the main factor in the midterms…but thx for playing

49. 2022 June 26 12:05 am

23 – lmfao funny how all of a sudden they’ve figured out how to define a woman.

37 – They didn’t decline to pump on that line, they are pumping on that line today, just they cut flows to 40%. Either either a safety\wear avoidance strategy, or since Siemens and RU brought up this gear issue in early may and it wasn’t acted on, a way to get them to act on it now, and get it shipped and them get some installed before winter, else who knows if they’ll be able to pump at 100% like they may need. The timing though is perfect in combination with the south-stream pipeline and one other that are doing yearly scheduled maintence in mid-july and will actually be completely shut down for a weak. This fantastically timed to avoid letting DM and others build stocks for winter, which normally they wouldn’t do till late august, but this year they had already started trying to do. So between 40% on NS1 and the long scheduled summer maintenance on the other two there will be a couple weaks of running down existing ground storage stocks. This helps with leverage as things look to head into winter. Thing is push comes to shove in winter, DM tells EU and US to goto hell just actives NS2, provided the Russians are still willing, which atm is sitting there completed (and pressurized last I knew) ready to go.

BTW DM is working with CA to get the pumps released and shipped out asap regardless of whatever sanctions are in play or are not (or that was the comment of some DM minister on Thursday). EU already exempted literally anything in the entire energy sector supply chain two weeks ago. So it’s more just fight between DM and CA if shit doesn’t get immediately worked out.

43/44 – lmao again

2 good rulings for the constitution this week.
    and yet at same time another constitutional law was passed (or will be) that will have to make it’s way to them, red flag.

50. 2022 June 26 12:31 am

As for thomas… idk
    I know if you read Roberts concurrence it kinda reads like anything but. I wonder if he wasn’t down at the time of the leak (if not the leaker himself) and came around for appearances on the 6-3 part since he would have lost anyway.

51. 2022 June 26 6:14 am

it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Roberts leaked it to pressure Alito, et al. And then he stonewalled the “investigation” into who leaked it.

52. 2022 June 26 9:14 am

KH, 51,

The real trick is timing. Much of the RU NatGas comes from wells with a permafrost overcap. If the Russians are forced to shutdown the flows all the way to the well heads and then an early winter hits it will be all for naught. They may not be able to get the wells back up for years.

53. 2022 June 26 11:21 am

Yike.
    CA govt full of demons.

An email I got today:
    You heard from Attorney Erin Friday on May 21st how children are being lured at school to change genders. Now the state legislature wants to make it EASY for minors to obtain gendering altering surgery. The hearing is on TUESDAY. Call and fill their phone lines now!

Call each of the 7 members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety and tell them to VOTE no on SB107.

SB107 will make California a sanctuary state for experimental medicine on minors. It will permit a parent to violate a custody agreement in any other state and have refuge in California, regardless of whether that state has a ban on gender interventions for minors. It will permit children, without parents or guardians, to come to California become wards of our state and receive irreversible gender intervention without any parental consent.

Call now and leave a message on their phones:

54. 2022 June 26 12:29 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

My problem with this ruling is that it’s just a case of what would I do.

If I had a kid with Down’s reasonably early…or even later on in the pregnancy, I would encourage her to abort it STAT whether we had to change states or go over seas or if she just had to take up marathon running whatever it takes.

I have a hard time believing any of you would do any different

55. 2022 June 26 12:32 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

Hypothetically if for females, if a relative or parent raped you as a minor as well, you don’t want to have to carry an invest baby for your rapist either.

56. 2022 June 26 1:14 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

If the right is going to pass pointless laws about this stuff, we need laws that won’t be enforced.

57. 2022 June 26 1:16 pm
    PresidentRonaldPaul permalink

AOC’s pan to turn the VA into abortion zones is a good idea as well.

58. 2022 June 26 1:17 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Subtle. Too subtle for libs to understand?

Tim Pool
    @Timcast
    SCOTUS has ruled that the federal government has no authority over women’s bodies A huge win for liberals

59. 2022 June 26 1:29 pm

60. 2022 June 26 2:18 pm

French PM criticizes US and SCOTUS—
    Emmanuel Macron @EmmanuelMacron
    Officiel du gouvernement – France · Jun 24
    Abortion is a fundamental right for all women. It must be protected. I wish to express my solidarity with the women whose liberties are being undermined by the Supreme Court of the United States.

The case that SCOTUS used to overturn Roe v. Wade was Mississippi’s ban after 15 weeks.

Now, compare and contrast.
    EU abortion time limits:
    18/22/24 Weeks
    Sweden, Netherlands, UK

14 Weeks
    Austria, France, Spain

12 Weeks
    Greece, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Ukraine Romania, Bulgaria
    Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary North Macedonia, Estonia Lithania, Latvia, Denmark, Norway, Finland

– The average of the above = 13.5
    The Mississippi law that the libs sought to strike down, proposed 15 weeks.
    iow, the Deep South was more permissive re abortion than almost all of Europe, and more permissive than the European average of 13.5 weeks.

61. 2022 June 26 2:29 pm

There were not 60 million babies with Downs’ or the product of rape/incest, etc. Most of those 60 million babies were just unwanted. That is not an excuse for poor judgement. Every human being deserves life.

Stop with the bullshit.

62. 2022 June 26 2:44 pm
    mpt permalink

Hmmm. The G7 has banned the import of Russian gold into their countries. Pretty much a meaningless gesture as the primary gold bullion markets in New York and London had already stopped virtually all trading with Russian entities months ago. However, this puts the force of law behind the ban which is not a nimble tool should the situation change in the future.

I can only hope that Biden and the G7 pack of fools will do to gold prices what they have done to oil prices thus far.

Also, note that the West continues to trade in all other metals with Russia despite the sanctions on pretty much everything else. Disrupting supply chains dependent on those metals would be far too costly as the West teeters on the brink of recession.

63. 2022 June 26 2:57 pm
    mpt permalink

The whole concept of “Russian Gold” is ludicrous. Gold, being an element, is perfectly fungible. There is no way of telling the origin of pure gold. Gold can be bought through one door of a bullion bank as Russian ingots, be melted down to an ingot of any other kind, and then leave through another door with anyone none the wiser as to its true origin. This is why gold has been money for 5000+ years.

64. 2022 June 26 4:19 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

65, I read online that Russian gold can be identified due to characteristic impurities.
    I doubt it, though.
    Not all Russian gold comes from the same mine.
    And Russia can purchase gold from other sources.
    It doesn’t make sense.

65. 2022 June 26 4:26 pm

“I’d like to see the left start endorsing outright jury nullification, DA nullification, etc for all abortion cases at this point.”

Be careful what you ask for. If you can go that far then there is no limit that a man who is ID’d as the father may gain statutory standing to force a women to go to term with a pergnancy for HIS child.

66. 2022 June 26 4:28 pm

RU gold –> Dubai –> LBE. Buy it, recast it, sell it. Almost that easy.

Hmmm. Should have read you next post.

67. 2022 June 26 4:54 pm

65 – Yup just another virtue sanction that if anything just increases the price of gold for some slightly – for the middleman’s conversion-service/markup, not much different then what’s going on with oil, 95% ru + 5% someone else = sanction free Indian blend. 😉 Same with gold.

66 – There is purity testing with gold, and I know if someone hands you a raw nugget, you can narrow down a couple different places by purity where it _may_ have been mined from regionally (but you can get like results that say…hmm well it either came from this region of Australia or this region of Russia both have similar signatures), it’s not like plutonium or someshit where you can be like it came from this specific reactor or mine. But I’m pretty sure once you melt it down (removing some impurities along the way) and drop in a tiny fraction from somewhere else you fuck up what was already kinda flimsy id’ing. Also lets also be real, nobody going to check, they’re only going to care what’s on the paperwork.

68. 2022 June 26 5:18 pm

#67?

What these things already exist and are used. Just rarely used. The movie “A time to kill” is about jury nullification for example. In dem cities the DA’s already do not enforce a lot of laws at their discretion.

It’s just a matter of making it more widely done.

69. 2022 June 26 7:09 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

I think the Caterpillar story was already posted but maybe not all 3?
    Oh well, it’s so pleasant no one will complain to see it twice …

ITEM 1: The Washington Free Beacon reported, “Illinois’s richest resident, hedge-fund CEO Ken Griffin, announced on Thursday that he—and his company, Citadel—are packing up shop and heading to Miami, citing a better corporate environment and rising crime rates in Chicago.

“The move, which Griffin announced in a letter to employees, will deprive Democrat-run Illinois of hundreds of millions of dollars in annual income tax revenue, a company spokesman told the Washington Free Beacon.
    “Griffin alone—who is worth approximately $25 billion—pays over $200 million in state income taxes every year, the spokesman said, and Citadel employees have themselves funneled over $1 billion to the state over the past decade.

“Citadel is the third major corporation to announce plans to leave Illinois in the past two months. Caterpillar said earlier this month that it would move its headquarters from Illinois to Texas. The announcement followed Boeing’s decision in May to move its headquarters to Arlington, Va., from downtown Chicago.”

Companies are voting with their moving vans against Democrat governance. Every one of those receiving states has a Republican governor.

70. 2022 June 26 7:12 pm

There is difference between jury nullification and ‘DA nullification’ (which does not exist). A jury is tasked with and in the bounds of US law to consider the totality of the case before them, up to and including saying the law is unjust in this case. DA may ignore the law but in most States DA’s took an oath to uphold ALL laws in the State. Quite a difference between the two.

And as to the abortion issue, if DAs feel they can ignore laws then it is a mere step to have them citing non-existent charges out of thin air. That too happens. So why not a twist to force a woman to deliver an man’s child to him? Would not be that hard:

* State law states abortion is murder. That makes it a state issue.
    * Mother is declared unfit parent by state CPS.
    * CPS would as a matter of convenience remand the child to its closest living relative — the father.

“Show me the man, I will find you the crime.”

71. 2022 June 27 6:55 am

Good to know that the Pregnancy Assistance Centers that were fire-bombed over the weekend were fire-bombed “mostly peacefully “.

Whew!³

72. 2022 June 27 7:02 am

A very good dissertation on what the ruling by the Supremes actually did.

73. 2022 June 27 7:55 am
    JimNorCal permalink

“The Court holds that both the free exercise and free speech clauses protect Kennedy’s right to pray at midfield following high school football games.”
    WVa vs EPA not announced today

74. 2022 June 27 9:50 am

Are Americans finally coming to the realization that Walt Disney has been dead for 55 years and the people leading the company that bears his name has morphed into a piranha intent on grooming America’s youth? The sad box office receipts from Buzz Lightyear offer hope:

The woman who heads Disney Entertainment – I f#cked up my own children’s lives. Now I want to f#ck up yours.

75. 2022 June 27 11:43 am

JimNorCal #75 –

Had Coach Kennedy performed a drag queen dance on the 50-yard line following the game, the school district would have been fine with it.

76. 2022 June 27 11:48 am

JR #73 –

Doncha know that the big problem, according to Merrick Garland, is white supremacy? The DOJ and the FBI are looking more like the Gestapo and KGB all the time.

A recent Rasmussen poll indicates a plurality of Americans disapprove of the FBI.

77. 2022 June 27 12:46 pm
    JimNorCal permalink

Long interesting article. This is one section.
    I never realized Assange and Snowden had so much authenticity…

Pegasus?
    An early case study of this happening was what happened to Jeff Bezos. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) placed Pegasus on Bezos’ phone during a WhatsApp conversation. MBS probably wanted to spy on what Jamal Khashoggi, who was a reporter for The Washington Post was going to publish next about the kingdom. Of course, Pegasus was also placed on the phone of Jamal Khashoggi’s wife by United Arab Emeritis (MSB) and most likely helped in his assassination.

Eventually, The Enquirer used the Pegasus data of Bezo’s affair to try to blackmail Bezos to stop the investigation into the origins of Pegasus on his phone. With that, Bezos announced his affair to the world, rather than be blackmailed. Which of course, led to his divorce.

78. 2022 June 27 1:22 pm

76, bc, agree.
    We can only hope more of our fellow Americans will wake up soon.
    It was interesting to me that the article went to some length to “prove” that Buzz Lightyear’s poor box office performance was NOT due to right wing, Nazi, white supremacist criticism. Like “Movie XYZ was just as bad but didn’t get the sales drop-off”.
    What he completely misses because he’s a leftie moron is that Buzz and Disney got strong word-of-mouth treatment among conservatives.
    It’s not that there’s an objective standard that everyone is watching. It’s a decentralized process from person to person and from blog-post to reader. IF the author thought about it for half a second, he would get it. But he only wants to “prove” that right wing boycotts are not working so he averts eyes and conscious thought from his analysis. Because the alternative might cause Disney to change, or at least put a crack in the groomer’s shared vision of reality.

79. 2022 June 27 1:48 pm

JimNorCal –

Hopefully CPD has found all the victims by now:

80. 2022 June 27 3:31 pm

81, wow.
    5-month-old girl among 6 killed, 27 others wounded in shootings across Chicago over weekend

I saw a terrific chart that showed deaths per XXX population for about 8 categories.
    Black Americans led the way, followed by Hispanic Americans. But then came (mostly) white Europeans, for example I recall that Croatians were on but near the bottom of the list.
    Finally, the last on that particular chart was … (drum roll) White Americans. Hardly any deaths by gun violence at all.

I should have saved off that chart ….

81. 2022 June 27 4:04 pm

Want to see what drought looks like? — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlnKbe2CWfU — Southern MS.

82. 2022 June 27 4:37 pm

Yep…. Its not on the tax forms…

83. 2022 June 27 4:40 pm

84. 2022 June 27 5:37 pm

Customer shoots one Subway worker dead and wounds another in dispute over mayo (downtown Atlanta).

85. 2022 June 27 5:49 pm

86. 2022 June 27 6:29 pm

87, NPR poll? Lol

87. 2022 June 27 6:36 pm

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 @JackPosobiec
    Willing to bet 90% of this was @ScottPresler

Quote Tweet
    Election Wizard 🇺🇸 @ElectionWiz
    BREAKING: AP reports that more than 1 MILLION voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year. Nowhere is the shift more pronounced — and dangerous for Democrats — than in the suburbs.

88. 2022 June 27 6:56 pm

You ought to read more than the headline. —

To wit — “If you flip your calendar back to May, you’ll find that NPR also polled the generic ballot then. Result: Democrats led 47-42. In other words, of the 10 points the party has supposedly gained since April, eight of them were gained before Dobbs was handed down.”

So per the NPR Dobbs at best gave the Dims a dead cat bounce of 2pts. Most of that will dissipate by the next poll and will be creamed by gas going up another $1/gal in the meantime.

89. 2022 June 27 8:45 pm
    mpt permalink

Warlord: “What is best in life?”

Conan: “To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.”

Me: “Does this count as lamentations?”

90. 2022 June 27 8:47 pm

91. 2022 June 28 2:58 am

TIME IS NOT ON KYIV’S SIDE: TRAINING, WEAPONS, AND ATTRITION IN UKRAINE

The battalion commander shrugged helplessly when we advised him that five days was a completely inadequate amount of time in which to train his soldiers. “This is all we have—they are needed on the front,” he replied with grim finality. A few days later, on a separate course that we were running for his medics, half of our class disappeared on the second day. “We have had casualties,” was the only explanation we received. Even in units that fall within the Ukrainian special operations command, most soldiers are sent to the front line with very little training. In one such unit, we estimated that just 20 percent had even fired a weapon before heading to combat.

On May 3, the Ukrainian parliament passed a law that allows territorial defense units—the country’s home guard—to be deployed to combat outside their home regions. These units are manned by local volunteers who typically have received very little preparation. We were soon swamped by requests for training courses. In the western Ukrainian city of Lviv, a town hall meeting to explain the new policy to local territorial defense volunteers was disrupted by wives alarmed at the prospect of their part-time soldier husbands deploying to the front.

92. 2022 June 28 6:56 am

Looks like it to me. What is funny (in a way) is that they are all protesting for naught. If they want A services they can:

A) Go to CA for it. Or,
    B) They can organize correctly and get the State legislature to amend the law.

This close to midterms the rule is you “don’t scare the Normies”. If you do, they will vote in ways that harm your cause.

93. 2022 June 28 7:02 am

If you have kinder headed for college — https://www.thecollegefix.com/cornell-library-removes-gettysburg-address-lincoln-bust/ — scratch Cornell off your list.

94. 2022 June 28 7:10 am

Indeed….

95. 2022 June 28 7:13 am

Lawfare is a two edged sword. Dims seem to forget that —

96. 2022 June 28 7:16 am

CA BJGers have a golden opportunity — https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/more-money-your-pocket-newsom-helicopter-drop-17-billion-inflation-relief-stimmy-checks — Not one to tell someone how to spend their money, but then this really isn’t your money, buy silver and gold with the funds and stash it.

97. 2022 June 28 8:51 am

$350 for my wife and I…hmmm…that’ll fill our truck TWICE by the time the “free money” arrives

98. 2022 June 29 4:28 am

Scored comment #100 on INC’s post. The good times are back!